Olden Polynice on Marvin Bagley

I wonder what haliburton and his camp thinks of all this?

One of these days the kings will clean up their franchise wide dysfunction.

As a fan of the NBA, I am so glad Doncic didn’t end up in Sacramento. This franchise would have found a way to ruin him. I just hope they don’t ruin haliburton.

Tweets talking about trading players on the Kings from players parents are ok, as long as it's from players parents we like. Got it.

Kings are a mess from the owner down through the fans.
It’s weird how much you have invested in MB. I’d swear you’re a relative or one of Vlade’s relatives the way you white knight for him constantly.

On the one hand, you have Team Fox who has been selfless and never complained about being here, and then you have Team Bagley who has a history of taking cheap shots at teammates, got Joerger fired, indirectly got the GM fired, and is in the process of getting the current coach fired, all the while bitching about playing time while analytically being one of the worst players in the league.

I wonder what haliburton and his camp thinks of all this?

One of these days the kings will clean up their franchise wide dysfunction.

As a fan of the NBA, I am so glad Doncic didn’t end up in Sacramento. This franchise would have found a way to ruin him. I just hope they don’t ruin haliburton.
Yeah we have to move on from Hield and MB before they poison the well here. Fox and Hali are high character guys...we need to get rid of the malcontents and draft another top 5 high character player in the 2021 draft and I think we’ll be set.

“If he’s healthy, to me, he’s along the lines of Giannis. Because he can handle the ball, he can shoot–he’s a better shooter than Giannis. He has right-shoulder, left-shoulder moves, he runs the floor extremely well, he jumps really high, he really is a generational talent,” Polynice said.

This is my take also.
wow! His D was so bad in college how can he be considered in the same sentence as the MVP!?

Yeah pretty much.

So is it, everyone but the Bagley family is the problem.
I do not like the tweet. Here are my thoughts on the big picture.

1. I don't put too much stock in a social media post. It's usually petty and not coming from a position of strength.

2. It would be foolish for Walton or Bagley III to comment in the media about a post that they themselves or a player did not make. That is admitting they have some connection or responsibility for another grown persons actions and sets them up to always have to answer for that other person.

3. It was a bad decision for coach Bagley to go after Fox last year on Instagram, bad for Fox to clap back, bad for Fox’s dad to go after Bagley this year. Never go after teammates.

4. If you draft a player in the top 5, you play him. If he is going to flame out you have to know early so you can get another top 5 pick right away. This goes for Fox and Bagley. It did not help Fox to come off the bench. Coaches will try to win. It's up to the GM to strip the team down or to be in unison with the coach. Coach Bagley is absolutely right to be irritated in a big picture sense. A lottery player's confidence will never be higher than his first year, if for nothing else but shear ignorance on how hard the NBA is supposed to be.

5. This organization has failed player after player. Everyone in the NBA knows this. Fans keep blaming the players and hoping for a savior. With so many lottery picks over the last 14 years, the team pretty much should have accidentally lucked into a superstar, even before the Luka draft. Maybe that guy was Cousins and we blew that too. So it makes more sense that the organization is not putting itself in a position to succeed, not that every single player we draft is a failure.

Basically, the Kings being a poorly run outfit over the years brings these situations upon themselves. I'm not defending coach Bagley. But the one constant over the years is that the Kings are full of drama. It didn't start over the weekend. Eventually every player that comes through here wants out. If all of your relationships crash and burn, it's you, not them.

IMO it is Obvious Walton is being told to start Bagley so he can develop. But then was given leeway on the substitution pattern. Walton opts to sit Bagley in the 3rd and 4th for the most part. Walton is doing his best to win.

IMO McNair probably wants a high pick in the 2021 draft so he wants the young guys to play so he knows what he has to work with.

Something has to give IMO, I think it will be Walton. Either he plays the young guys or he will be gone.

I do not like the tweet. Here are my thoughts on the big picture.

1. I don't put too much stock in a social media post. It's usually petty and not coming from a position of strength.

2. It would be foolish for Walton or Bagley III to comment in the media about a post that they themselves or a player did not make. That is admitting they have some connection or responsibility for another grown persons actions and sets them up to always have to answer for that other person.

3. It was a bad decision for coach Bagley to go after Fox last year on Instagram, bad for Fox to clap back, bad for Fox’s dad to go after Bagley this year. Never go after teammates.

4. If you draft a player in the top 5, you play him. If he is going to flame out you have to know early so you can get another top 5 pick right away. This goes for Fox and Bagley. It did not help Fox to come off the bench. Coaches will try to win. It's up to the GM to strip the team down or to be in unison with the coach. Coach Bagley is absolutely right to be irritated in a big picture sense. A lottery player's confidence will never be higher than his first year, if for nothing else but shear ignorance on how hard the NBA is supposed to be.

5. This organization has failed player after player. Everyone in the NBA knows this. Fans keep blaming the players and hoping for a savior. With so many lottery picks over the last 14 years, the team pretty much should have accidentally lucked into a superstar, even before the Luka draft. Maybe that guy was Cousins and we blew that too. So it makes more sense that the organization is not putting itself in a position to succeed, not that every single player we draft is a failure.

Basically, the Kings being a poorly run outfit over the years brings these situations upon themselves. I'm not defending coach Bagley. But the one constant over the years is that the Kings are full of drama. It didn't start over the weekend. Eventually every player that comes through here wants out. If all of your relationships crash and burn, it's you, not them.
When was that "Welcome to HELL," quote made? Pre glory days, wasn't it. If you don’t learn from history.......

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
IMO it is Obvious Walton is being told to start Bagley so he can develop. But then was given leeway on the substitution pattern. Walton opts to sit Bagley in the 3rd and 4th for the most part. Walton is doing his best to win.

IMO McNair probably wants a high pick in the 2021 draft so he wants the young guys to play so he knows what he has to work with.

Something has to give IMO, I think it will be Walton. Either he plays the young guys or he will be gone.
Is playing CoJo thirty minutes a night a part of the mandate?

My issue is who plays instead of CoJo when Hali is out? He gave Guy a run and dude went 0-3. Guy can’t penetrate and is not on the same level as CoJo as a defender. Rahsmius isn’t a PG, neither is James, and GRIII sucks. So who else is there to play those minutes?

There was a post game interview of Walton posted earlier. The post was in regards to Bagley's dad's tweet but at the end of the interview he answered this, he will play who he is comfortable with. No way is the coach and GM on the same page. The bill of goods sold the fans isn't the version that is being put on display.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
There was a post game interview of Walton posted earlier. The post was in regards to Bagley's dad's tweet but at the end of the interview he answered this, he will play who he is comfortable with. No way is the coach and GM on the same page. The bill of goods sold the fans isn't the version that is being put on display.
We all knew this coming in. Walton’s a lame duck hired by the old GM with two associate coaches who are hired by the new GM. No matter what was said coming in, we knew what was going to happen.

So the thing is, as fans, I think we're being bit too harsh on Walton and McNair. We're complaining about a lack of a backup PG, who can penetrate. Think McNair would say that's by design, because they wanted those minutes to go Haliburton. Walton would just concur and say there's no else.

Speaking of which, Buddy + Bags + filler for Maledon, Dort, and Hoford (plus filler). Maledon is going to be better than Kilian Hayes. Plays kind of like George Hill. Crafty and long. Who says no?

We all knew this coming in. Walton’s a lame duck hired by the old GM with two associate coaches who are hired by the new GM. No matter what was said coming in, we knew what was going to happen.
And if simpletons (speaking for self) could see this coming, why couldn't an analytical genius not see it. It's not like history isn't full of examples. All he has to do is look at his own tenure of having controlling interest to see examples. But that takes self-awareness......

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So the thing is, as fans, I think we're being bit too harsh on Walton and McNair. We're complaining about a lack of a backup PG, who can penetrate. Think McNair would say that's by design, because they wanted those minutes to go Haliburton. Walton would just concur and say there's no else.

Speaking of which, Buddy + Bags + filler for Maledon, Dort, and Hoford (plus filler). Maledon is going to be better than Kilian Hayes. Plays kind of like George Hill. Crafty and long. Who says no?
judging from his first couple of games, I might be better than Killian Hayes

gunks

Hall of Famer
Bagley wanting out would be more troubling if he was, you know, actually good.

I wouldn’t be surprised if McNair obliges his desire for a trade this season, but I can’t imagine the market is too hot for a low BBIQ, injury prone, big with a limited skill set...

But there’s gotta be some Vlade tier GM out there we can fleece, right? Sell ‘em on the dream of a 20/10 big (which Bagley can absolutely be).