Woj: Kings let Bogi go

The tweets say what we all know. Bogi and Buddy don't work. At this point it's clear they detract from each other rather than compliment. We can't go into the season with both on the roster. The frustrating but smart thing to do is let Bogi go IF we can't move Buddy. I would be fine with whichever stays and whichever goes. But we can't keep both.

Seems like something bad happened but he won’t say what exactly. Question of the day is who leaked the Bogi trade and blew it up- maybe some newly empowered to a degree that goes well beyond his experience?

Seems like something bad happened but he won’t say what exactly. Question of the day is who leaked the Bogi trade and blew it up- maybe some newly empowered to a degree that goes well beyond his experience?
Read about all the ways the Bucks FO has bungled this offseason and it seems probably the leaks were on the Bucks side. I know Monte is a new top-guy but with Catanella here he almost certainly would have told everyone in the org that any deals were skirting the rules and needed to be kept tight lipped prior to the start of the signing period.

Read about all the ways the Bucks FO has bungled this offseason and it seems probably the leaks were on the Bucks side. I know Monte is a new top-guy but with Catanella here he almost certainly would have told everyone in the org that any deals were skirting the rules and needed to be kept tight lipped prior to the start of the signing period.
im referring to Aneel, who Amick seems to be implying undercut Monte one way or another

Yeah, with how quickly the Bogi story leaked right after the Holiday deal, it seems reasonably clear to me that some one with the Bucks was feeling themselves a little too much.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well I had a different take. If Buddy is going to be a malcontent now and and drive this decision then he won’t be less of a malcontent later when/if Haliburton takes his spot.

one could make a reasonable argument you sign Bogi and move Hield as soon as possible.
Did you ignore the parts where Amick says that Bogi doesn't want to be here either?

im referring to Aneel, who Amick seems to be implying undercut Monte one way or another
sure but the double Woj bombs on Monday sure read like they were Milwaukie press releases. In fact given what we know Sacramento thought there would be picks coming their way in any proposed deal, so it's quite possible that what Sac has said all along - that no deal was in place - is true.

Reading Amick’s notes between the lines, I get the sense that Monte wants to retool/rebuild around Fox and players of his age, and the Ranadives are resisting. But I could be reading that completely wrong.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I read that Bogi doesn’t want to deal with the Buddy comments and drama. I have heard other things about him wanting to be in Sac. Do you think the Buddy drama stops when Haliburton takes his spot?
You somehow appear to have ignore the many times where I said getting rid of both guys is in the best interest of the team (something that BTW McNair seems to agree with, judging from the third segment posted by Amick) but just to repeat, both guys don't fit this team's new timeline AT ALL and are only in the way of the guys that do at this point.

In the Amick tweet, BTW, he only mentions Buddy being unhappy with being 6th man once whereas he mentions Bogi not wanting to be a King and wanting to move on twice.

You somehow appear to have ignore the many times where I said getting rid of both guys is in the best interest of the team (something that BTW McNair seems to agree with, judging from the third segment posted by Amick) but just to repeat, both guys don't fit this team's new timeline AT ALL and are only in the way of the guys that do at this point.

In the Amick tweet, BTW, he only mentions Buddy being unhappy with being 6th man once whereas he mentions Bogi not wanting to be a King and wanting to move on twice.
I am very much hoping we move on from both, but I can see we may have to be patient on the Buddy front due to his lowered value at the moment

Reading Amick’s notes between the lines, I get the sense that Monte wants to retool/rebuild around Fox and players of his age, and the Ranadives are resisting. But I could be reading that completely wrong.
He says Monte’s whole pitch was building around Fox so it’s be weird if that was the case. Who knows what’s what but any mention of ownership meddling is giving me PTSD especially this early on in the new admin’s tenure

If Amick is saying Bogi doesn’t want to be here, Bogi doesn’t want to be here.
Let him walk and Buddy might recoup some value. Let him stay and you’ve got antoxic situation with two very unhappy guards blocking the path of the rookie you just drafted because he’s the ideal partner for your lead guard.
Losing Bogi for nothing sucks obviously. But at this point, you have to let McNair deal with the mess Vlade left him. He should have been traded at the deadline (along with Bjelica), but we made a fool-hardy push towards the playoffs. Move on, keep a path clear for 25+ consistent Haliburton minutes a night.

-You build a consistent role for Haliburton out of the shoot.
-You give Buddy the opportunity to rebuild his value starting back with Fox as the #2 option.
-You open up back-up wing minutes for Woodard, DQJ, James. With Bogi and Buddy here, all 3 guys likely get squeezed from the rotation
-You start to rebuild the cap books. Leaves Buddy and Barnes as the only long-term contracts outside of Fox.

There's still pieces that can help contenders. Bjelica and Holmes especially should net you something and possibly Barnes and Buddy at some point. Adding Bogi with his trade kicker poison pill contract; makes that goal of rebuilding that much harder.

I think you have to ask is Buddy a long term cancer in the organization.
Based upon his attitude and behavior leading up to his extension and especially AFTER — yes. He is a cancer.

Absolute prima-donna. Not a team player. More worried about his image and stats than winning.

In short, he’s developed into a complete @$$. And suffers greatly from delusions of grandeur.

It’s really no surprise that Vivek “Dunning-Kruger effect” Ranadive is his biggest cheerleader.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He says Monte’s whole pitch was building around Fox so it’s be weird if that was the case. Who knows what’s what but any mention of ownership meddling is giving me PTSD especially this early on in the new admin’s tenure
This is what happens when you have a rogue minority owner feeding reporters info at the dumbest time possible.

I read that Bogi doesn’t want to deal with the Buddy comments and drama.
Well, if the above is true, Bogdan could have guaranteed his departure by agreeing to a workable deal w/ MIL — or even another team.

But apparently extra $$$ was more important. Because he left the door open to remain in SAC by just signing a restricted FA offer that didn’t involve a s/t.

Seems to me he is leaving a lot left to chance for someone so opposed to dealing w/ Buddy and/or the KINGS. Cause he’s a “yes, we match“ away from being in that boat.

It also said that was McNair’s pitch that got him the job, so if Vivek is backtracking now that’s

yeah that part is obvious it’s just a question of how you get there. Ultimately if you can’t have both on the same team because of Buddy’s drama I don’t think that drama goes away. Buddy’s drama, stupid play and large contract will likely ever prevent you from getting a return. Not sure you want to get no return from both.

Right. And the thing about Buddy is that thanks to the explosive nature of his game, he's pretty much one hot streak and one desperate team away from netting us a solid return package.
we disagree here, I think Buddy’s stupid play, expanding reputation as a source of locker room drama and overpaid contract make him almost untradeable as Sam alluded to. I don’t think any of that goes away and worse it could impact Haliburton.

yeah that part is obvious it’s just a question of how you get there. Ultimately if you can’t have both on the same team because of Buddy’s drama I don’t think that drama goes away. Buddy’s drama, stupid play and large contract will likely ever prevent you from getting a return. Not sure you want to get no return from both.
Vivek has always been infatuated with Buddy since the draft and the Boogie trade. Maybe it Monte pushing to trade Buddy and keep Bogi as an asset, but Vivek trying to hang onto his favorite king. He did get to hoist the three point championship trophy with Buddy at the all star weekend. That’s a top five moment for Vivek since he bought the team :rolleyes:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The thing is that we’re already stuck with Buddy on the roster.

my contention is that bringing back Bogi on this deal makes both of them harder to move not easier.

The Vivek is meddling is meh. He has and he always will. McNair knew that, we knew that. That is nothing new.

Reading between the lines, sounds like Amick is saying Vivek and Aneel are against trading Buddy. Notice the hedging on whether the non-existent Buddy Hield trade market is real comment? He said it twice. Sounds like the owners don't want to punt him.

I'm in the try to do a S&T with Atlanta, trade Buddy, trade Barnes camp. Start fresh with Fox, Hali, and Bagley.
no sign and trade is possible once the offer sheet is signed. It’s a simple yes or no now.

The thing is that we’re already stuck with Buddy on the roster.

my contention is that bringing back Bogi on this deal makes both of them harder to move not easier.
I have a good feeling that if Bogi goes, Buddy will settle in and then boom, he'll get traded and a lot of fans will be asking why we did that because he was playing good again. And if that happens, we likely nailed it.

The tweets say what we all know. Bogi and Buddy don't work. At this point it's clear they detract from each other rather than compliment. We can't go into the season with both on the roster. The frustrating but smart thing to do is let Bogi go IF we can't move Buddy. I would be fine with whichever stays and whichever goes. But we can't keep both.
yes but you have an issue because Buddy is so vocal about not excepting the 6th man role despite being paid. Buddy was vocal about being paid. Buddy made a few other comments in the bubble and then played like crap under pressure.

I think you have to consider Buddy being a bad environment for Haliburton. He is clearly not going to mentor him both because he is too ****ing dumb and selfish.

So far the Buddy drama ain't **** really. We'll see how it escalates but lets be clear, this is coming off the heels of Cuz and Karl. This is simple frustration in comparison.