Woj: Kings let Bogi go

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If Amick is saying Bogi doesn’t want to be here, Bogi doesn’t want to be here.
Let him walk and Buddy might recoup some value. Let him stay and you’ve got antoxic situation with two very unhappy guards blocking the path of the rookie you just drafted because he’s the ideal partner for your lead guard.

I hate the comments about Vivek and his son; however, the overall premise of the decision making sounds OK. The current squad is not going to compete as is, so lets get the core age of the team reduced to early vs. late 20s. They have less than 48 hours at this point to try to find a taker for Buddy. I'd imagine at this point they would take smaller "movable pieces" if they can, sign Bogi and call it a day. This approach would also seem to signal Harrison's days are also numbered if we can move him without attaching a pick of value.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I hate the comments about Vivek and his son; however, the overall premise of the decision making sounds OK. The current squad is not going to compete as is, so lets get the core age of the team reduced to early vs. late 20s. They have less than 48 hours at this point to try to find a taker for Buddy. I'd imagine at this point they would take smaller "movable pieces" if they can, sign Bogi and call it a day. This approach would also seem to signal Harrison's days are also numbered if we can move him without attaching a pick of value.
ive had my suspicions about who Amick’s source has been for all these years and that part in particular, mixed with the fact we pretty much cleaned front office house when Vlade left pretty much confirmed it.
Not sure if Vivek or Aneel are actually still meddling or if someone else in the ownership group just really really wants us/the rest of ownership to think so.

I'm confused. If Bogi wants to leave and there is no market to trade Buddy, then why would we sign Bogi and trade Buddy? I may have missed your point.

The Vivek is meddling is meh. He has and he always will. McNair knew that, we knew that. That is nothing new.

Reading between the lines, sounds like Amick is saying Vivek and Aneel are against trading Buddy. Notice the hedging on whether the non-existent Buddy Hield trade market is real comment? He said it twice. Sounds like the owners don't want to punt him.

I'm in the try to do a S&T with Atlanta, trade Buddy, trade Barnes camp. Start fresh with Fox, Hali, and Bagley.

Argh! worthy for sure. This to me sounds like the kind of piece leaked for a team to give some excuse as to why they ain't matching TBH. haha.

Barnes 28
Buddy 27 (4 months younger than Bogie.)
Bogie 28

The Vivek is meddling is meh. He has and he always will. McNair knew that, we knew that. That is nothing new.

Reading between the lines, sounds like Amick is saying Vivek and Aneel are against trading Buddy. Notice the hedging on whether the non-existent Buddy Hield trade market is real comment? He said it twice. Sounds like the owners don't want to punt him.

I'm in the try to do a S&T with Atlanta, trade Buddy, trade Barnes camp. Start fresh with Fox, Hali, and Bagley.
Can't do a sign and trade with Bogie now.

The only saving grace is that from the comments we've seen from Vivek he seems to probably no more about how to build a team right now than his previous GM. My question is why did he let Vlade and his coach try and old school his way into this mess then?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The only saving grace is that from the comments we've seen from Vivek he seems to probably no more about how to build a team right now than his previous GM. My question is why did he let Vlade and his coach try and old school his way into this mess then?
Because I think he honestly did try to stay hands off with Vlade only for him to manage to royally screw up.

Depends on if Woj got it from the Bucks side or the Kings. Woj and Dumars were notoriously connected in the Dumars Pistons era.
Man if Dumars was the result of that catastrophe we in some **** then, haha. That pretty much puts the odds of a McNair/Dumars showdown if this doesn't hit the ground running pretty dang high. Vivek keeps building an organization with impending internal power struggles and wonders why it doesn't work. NBA front offices rely more on trust than brains. You need one brain not a bunch of them fighting for head space.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Man if Dumars was the result of that catastrophe we in some **** then, haha. That pretty much puts the odds of a McNair/Dumars showdown if this doesn't hit the ground running pretty dang high. Vivek keeps building an organization with impending internal power struggles and wonders why it doesn't work. NBA front offices rely more on trust than brains. You need one brain not a bunch of them fighting for head space.
I honestly think Dumars is content being more of an advisor/business manager at this point in his life but yeah it’s always a nagging concern. I still think the Bucks thing was the Bucks fault though.

I honestly think Dumars is content being more of an advisor/business manager at this point in his life but yeah it’s always a nagging concern. I still think the Bucks thing was the Bucks fault though.
Nope, that ship sailed with Vlade on it. I'm OK if Dumars is the guy, there just needs to be a leader here. Or at least roles need to be defined. But why should this team look any different in the FO than it does on the floor right? LOL.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Nope, that ship sailed with Vlade on it. I'm OK if Dumars is the guy, there just needs to be a leader here. Or at least roles need to be defined. But why should this team look any different in the FO than it does on the floor right? LOL.
Dumars‘s official title isn’t a basketball one and the generally idea was that he sorta had replaced Matina as Vivek’s advisor

Dumars‘s official title isn’t a basketball one and the generally idea was that he sorta had replaced Matina as Vivek’s advisor
Titles mean nothing. When he came in it was all, "No, no, no this won't effect Vlade at all!". And then it did. They actually went to Vlade and said some of your power are belong to Dumars. He said F that and bailed. Maybe they'll give McNair a shot but the question is how much of a shot and where's the target. Fool me once...

I'm confused. If Bogi wants to leave and there is no market to trade Buddy, then why would we sign Bogi and trade Buddy? I may have missed your point.
That’s the whole point. If you can’t trade buddy then you let Bogi walk. If you can trade Buddy for something of value, you do that and sign Bogi. Assuming you value each of them about the same, if you can get something of value for Buddy you are net/net better off than letting Bogi walk for nothing.

I would personally be shocked if Vivek is advocating for keeping both at those salaries in the middle of an economic downturn/pandemic.

We had a couple good days as kings fans last. No back to business as usual.
I think McNair isn't going to flinch. He also learned an important lesson with the Bucks deal. Don't trust the Bucks! haha. This isn't a bad thing unless he actually things bringing everyone and everything back is workable. If he does then in his presser he better make it darn clear that Bogdan is the SF full time. Blowing your cap up and saying "Don't pass up on talent" is grammar school horse****.

I hate the comments about Vivek and his son;
Yep. If there’s any truth to it, this franchise is effed no matter what.

The KINGS won’t ever been any good until Vivek and son are gone or finally recognize they aren’t qualified to play GM. Smart owners understand what they don’t know and get the eff outta the way.

But not this owner. And the nepotism makes it even worse. Just because his son has a freaking degree doesn’t qualify him to have any input or influence over anything basketball related.

Vivek continually doubles down on bad hands.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Not for nothing but this Amick Vivek meddling leak has a bunch of guys who were yelling about letting Bogi go being a bad idea suddenly changing their tune and being very alright with the idea