Totally disappointed

R

Reyes134

Hey all, i was so happy making the play in tournament. We left on a really good rhythm. But now I am pissed! I thought we would have played better...but it seems we are unprepared and every other team is on fire giving it their all. I was disappointed with our preseason scrimmages. We only beat the the Clips cause they put in their scrubs. Now we can't even buy a win! No one is shooting well and our plays flat out suck on defense and offense. Have u seen the scores around the league? Every games is like +130 points EXCEPT the kings. I am kind of wondering what the coaching staff is doing and ultimitely they are responsible for this terrible start. But if we got players not giving it their all then blow this mother up already starting from the top! How did we resign two 90million dollar players and they are not anywhere close to leading our team! They suck...and our #2 pick is always injured! Is anyone else frustrated?? We are cursed!

R

Reyes134

The Spurs will make it...they are properly coached and prepared. Even Rudy Gay and Marco B are ready...2 former OLD kings playing with more heart than most of out team!

Walton seems like a good coach and has the resume. He just does not have fire to compete. The Kings start games flat. They have flat spots in every game. They need some Jerry Sloan in their coaching to get to the next level.

For me Coaching is mostly preparation. The games can be won or lost before the tip-off if a team is not prepared for most eventuality.

That said a good Coach also rules the last 2 minutes of the quarter, half and game.

IMO Malone and Joerger were better Coaches than Walton. Walton might be more successful with teams like the Warriors with established stars that need ego stroking.

Malone and Joerger both came up through the coaching ranks. The team became a reflection of their grind it out personality’s.

I like Vlade and Walton. I just don’t see where it is working with them going forward.

While I hate to see another front office/coaching change this team needs better talent selection and coaching than they are getting.

Last edited:
For me Coaching is mostly preparation. The games can be won or lost before the tip-off if a team is not prepared for most eventuality.

That said a good Coach also rules the last 2 minutes of the quarter, half and game.

IMO Malone and Joerger were better Coaches than Walton. Walton might be more successful with teams like the Warriors with established stars that need ego stroking.

Malone and Joerger both came up through the coaching ranks. The team became a reflection of their grind it out personality’s.

I like Vlade and Walton. I just don’t see where it is working with them going forward.

While I hate to see another front office/coaching change this team needs better talent selection and coaching than they are getting.
Walton successful with the Warriors? I don't think he even needed to do anything and they would have still won 40 games or whatever it was. Why Vlade hired him other than cronyism (which to me is the only logical reason why Vlade is GM, Peja is assistant GM and we drafted PapaG; this may not be the case but the alternative that we just hire and draft unqualified guys thinking they're good is far worse) is beyond me.

Yep, it’s all pretty disappointing. I’m not sure what this team realistically needs to do to improve, but I think i’ll go back to doing what I do best as a Kings fan. Get excited about the draft and hope the basketball gods smile on us.

I'm dissapointed that they haven't improved as a unit. Last season, they had a nice 5 game win streak early but spent the rest of the season treading water and have regressed this year. This little bubble shows that we do not currently belong in the playoffs.

At some point early this season I said I would judge Luke on his ability to figure things out. He hasn't done that.