NFL 2020-21 Season

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
only in the NFL do you have a player who is a superstar one year and then a dud the following season or two....injuries are devastating in this sport

That's a "No shhhh" from me. I'd have taken a flyer on Mariota but I don't think he's an answer either. My guess is they draft someone, give Stidham a chance and sign Hoyer or Brissett as soon as Indy dumps either of them.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
That's a "No shhhh" from me. I'd have taken a flyer on Mariota but I don't think he's an answer either. My guess is they draft someone, give Stidham a chance and sign Hoyer or Brissett as soon as Indy dumps either of them.
Bill gets back Brissett and magic happens.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Pats reddit seems to be ride or die with Stidham. With die being one of the two big QBs available in 2021.

Hoyer is owed a roster bonus in the next 24 hours so ???

I think Brissett would require a trade.
I have thought about Bill orchestrating a major one-year tank for the #1 next year (Clemson kid with long hair?). Ala the Spurs one-year tank to get Duncan.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The Cowboys signed Aldon Smith. I’m rooting for him. If he could come back from his demons and make something for himself I’d be so happy for him. Easy Hall of Fame talent wiped out by his demons.

It wasn't a joke, I still didn't watch it and can't imagine watching it if they find a way to bring it back.

I actually did watch all of the televised games for XFL1; and participated in a fantasy league, which I may have one because I was the only one who paid attention after the first week lol.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
So, draft is on Thursday. Any guesses what the Niners do?

My dream is a falling Tua at 13, with that the ability to move on from Jimmy G after the season. But I know that won’t happen, so I’m bound to be disappointed... obviously this pick shows the Super Bowl nuked any confidence I had in G.

I fully expect trade downs to fill the empty space between the first and fourth rounds. It’s not the flashy sexy route, but probably the smart thing to do.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Apparently the Niners have Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander and others on the trade block.

Help the team by decimating the main thing that nearly made them a champion. Already started by trading Buckner. Giving a massive extension to the guy who was made great by his supporting cast.

I threw a tantrum after the SB loss, and I thought I would get over it.... but I really believe they’re following the Harbaugh schedule. 8-8 next season and they’ll be bad again before we know it.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Apparently the Niners have Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander and others on the trade block.

Help the team by decimating the main thing that nearly made them a champion. Already started by trading Buckner. Giving a massive extension to the guy who was made great by his supporting cast.

I threw a tantrum after the SB loss, and I thought I would get over it.... but I really believe they’re following the Harbaugh schedule. 8-8 next season and they’ll be bad again before we know it.
Well I wouldn't go that far... but yeah, it does look like financial reality has set in now and one of the drawbacks to hitting on so many late and middle round picks in recent years is that they all have to get paid eventually. That's why Buckner got traded. They couldn't pay him $23 million a year and still be able to re-sign Kittle, Deebo, Mostert, Warner, et al. Sure some of those extensions are a couple years away but you're not going to get a top 15 pick for Buckner then. This was a sortof a hedge which allows them to fill more needs in the draft this year. I still feel good about the roster we currently have. Let's see what happens with the draft before we panic.

It does underscore why dynasties are so hard to sustain in the NFL compared to the other major professional sports leagues in the US. What the Patriots have done for the last 20 is pretty unprecedented. Considering injuries and salary cap issues, any team that can make it back to the Super Bowl in consecutive seasons has really accomplished something.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So, draft is on Thursday. Any guesses what the Niners do?

My dream is a falling Tua at 13, with that the ability to move on from Jimmy G after the season. But I know that won’t happen, so I’m bound to be disappointed... obviously this pick shows the Super Bowl nuked any confidence I had in G.

I fully expect trade downs to fill the empty space between the first and fourth rounds. It’s not the flashy sexy route, but probably the smart thing to do.
I think you need a new avatar...

1587426323758.png

but I really believe they’re following the Harbaugh schedule. 8-8 next season and they’ll be bad again before we know it.
The year after they lost the Super Bowl the Harbaugh niners were about a foot or so away from going back. So if that path is their destiny then we still have time to enjoy another run.

Buckner's a big loss but Alexander and Ford are expensive and injury-prone. I don't think losing either of those guys would have a big effect. I would be sad to see Tartt go, though.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Slightly O/T - I'm toying with the idea of an NFL fantasy draft similar to the music draft currently underway.

You would have to assemble a roster just like a regular NFL team, the difference being you could draft any player who had played in the NFL at any time. For offense, you would draft the player and his entire career (regardless of how many different teams he had played on). For defense, I'm leaning towards the idea of taking a "team defense," just like in most NFL fantasy leagues. You would also have to draft a head coach.

Would there be any interest?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Slightly O/T - I'm toying with the idea of an NFL fantasy draft similar to the music draft currently underway.

You would have to assemble a roster just like a regular NFL team, the difference being you could draft any player who had played in the NFL at any time. For offense, you would draft the player and his entire career (regardless of how many different teams he had played on). For defense, I'm leaning towards the idea of taking a "team defense," just like in most NFL fantasy leagues. You would also have to draft a head coach.

Would there be any interest?
Oh man. I’m in. I’ve built one team that won a fantasy draft, and I’m there to reclaim my throne.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Just saw on Twitter the Niners are high on Ruggs. I imagine Shanahan is already drawing up wild double reverses and other trick plays to use their insane speed.