[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Trevor Ariza went for 21/5/4 and 3 steals tonight. Lol

And remember when the Kings drafted Gary Trent? He’s been putting together a solid stretch for the Blazers.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Trevor Ariza went for 21/5/4 and 3 steals tonight. Lol

And remember when the Kings drafted Gary Trent? He’s been putting together a solid stretch for the Blazers.
Technically we didn't draft Gary Trent. We traded the pick to Portland and Portland drafted Gary Trent. The NBA just has this weird thing about pretending draft picks don't change hands if the trade happens on draft day.

It will be interesting to see if Memphis can hold off Portland they have 17 or 18 games left against 500. + teams more than both Spurs/Portland, I think missing Jae Crowder (traded) will hurt them, his trolling/toughness/shooting will be missed and not sure if Winslow will be back or when. They could very well mirror the Kings where they drop off towards the end after trading away there tough SF vet but the future sure looks bright I rather they make it than Spurs/Portland I've seen enough of both those teams get someone new in.

Tyler Johnson continues the trend of athletic combo guards having a couple of excellent seasons than washing out once they lose half a step, Got waived by the Suns I reckon there would be other teams that pick him up for a small scoring punch.

Holy crap Toronto is on a 15 game winning streak, if basketball matter like it did back in the day they’d be going back to back this year with Kawhi.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Holy crap Toronto is on a 15 game winning streak, if basketball matter like it did back in the day they’d be going back to back this year with Kawhi.
Toronto still has that championship pedigree, but no body talks about them. It's all about Milwaukee, Philly and Miami. Raptors are going to be a tough out against whoever they face come April and May.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It took Philadelphia this long to realize Holford should be a sixth man
Man, if you say so. Al Horford has made every team he's ever played for better. That Philadelphia appears to be no better than they were last year says more about the 76ers than it does about Horford, in my opinion. I certainly don't look at the 76ers an think, "Horford should be a sixth man," I look at them and think, "Brett Brown doesn't appear to be a good coach."

Man, if you say so. Al Horford has made every team he's ever played for better. That Philadelphia appears to be no better than they were last year says more about the 76ers than it does about Horford, in my opinion. I certainly don't look at the 76ers an think, "Horford should be a sixth man," I look at them and think, "Brett Brown doesn't appear to be a good coach."
Starting Horford put everybody else out of position they literally were playing 3 big men at a time. Al was a C playing PF, Harris was a PF playing SF/SF, and Ben just stayed near the basket. Putting Forkmaz in the lineup frees more space and gets harris back to playing PF and Embiid getting more space down low.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Starting Horford put everybody else out of position they literally were playing 3 big men at a time. Al was a C playing PF, Harris was a PF playing SF/SF, and Ben just stayed near the basket. Putting Forkmaz in the lineup frees more space and gets harris back to playing PF and Embiid getting more space down low.
It frankly disgusts me that I've lived long enough to see the NBA turn into a league where people look at Tobias Harris and say, "That guy's a power forward."

Also Elton Brand destroyed the process he’s a bad GM. You already traded for Jimmy Butler why would you give up Shamet a near perfect role player for a ball dominant player like Tobias, you need players like shamet to win let alone throwing 1sts into the trade. He than drafts Mikal Bridges a perfect fit but no he trades him to Phoenix for an athlete who can’t shoot in smith. Bridges/Shamet would be perfect next too Embiid/Ben.

Deandre Ayton is starting to live up to that #1 pick status (Luka something something, yea I know).

He's averaging about 19/12/2 over 33mpg. He's also shooting near 55%. He's got so much more room for development too. I can easily see him turning into a 25/15 machine or similar.

Last edited:
Deandre Ayton is starting to live up to that #1 pick status (Luka something something, yea I know).

He's averaging about 19/12/2 over 33mpg. He's also shooting near 55%. He's got so much more room for development too. I can easily see him turning into a 25/15 machine or similar.
Still the wrong choice, but they had an arguable position. Even though we're in the era of the devalued big man and he isn't going to stretch the floor, he's a monster center that can be overpowering in the post, a great passer, and the potential to be a defensive force even if his effort has been questioned.

I haven’t heard what Jerry West said. It doesn't surprise me.
said h could be the best player in the draft but also said Zion is generational.

Still the wrong choice, but they had an arguable position. Even though we're in the era of the devalued big man and he isn't going to stretch the floor, he's a monster center that can be overpowering in the post, a great passer, and the potential to be a defensive force even if his effort has been questioned.
ya Ayton is a great pick he’ll be better than a guy like KAT impact wise. But in this era you take the wing player 10 out of 10, Luka/Booker would’ve been terrifying

said h could be the best player in the draft but also said Zion is generational.

ya Ayton is a great pick he’ll be better than a guy like KAT impact wise. But in this era you take the wing player 10 out of 10, Luka/Booker would’ve been terrifying
I disagree with him about Zion. I see a cross between Blake Griffin and Charles Barkley. Better than Blake, but less than Sir Charles.

But I fully agree on Ja. And said so well before people saw him play in the NBA thus becoming a more popular take.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Gotta love Marqueese Chriss rolling for the Warriors. He’s the type of player horrible teams should test their luck on, so good for them I guess. Good for him. I hope he keeps it up.

Hassan Whiteside gets himself ejected acting tough in the final 20 secs of basically a blowout loss after being schooled in the pick n roll all night, between him and Melo the lowest IQ PF/C combo in NBA history. Good to see Memphis stomp them I have had enough of the pretender Blazers.

Hassan Whiteside gets himself ejected acting tough in the final 20 secs of basically a blowout loss after being schooled in the pick n roll all night, between him and Melo the lowest IQ PF/C combo in NBA history. Good to see Memphis stomp them I have had enough of the pretender Blazers.
If they had Marcus Morris or whichever one is on NYK they’d have the GOAT fake tough guy big 3.
Melo sucker punched someone and back peddled 50ft like dude just stop you’re soft

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I’ll never get the hype for all star games like this, players just moving out the way to let dunks go by is that enjoyable
Hell yes! This ****, isn't binary, hoss: stuff that would irritate the **** out of me in a game that matters entertains me in an exhibition. Why? Because it's an exhibition!

Status
Not open for further replies.