[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Rudy Gobert might be my favorite active player in the NBA. And shout out to the Utah Jazz, for figuring out a way to get a player like Gobert to continue to be an impact player in the "modern" NBA, without even the threat of a three-point shot, and without being a significant pick-and-roll lob threat, like a Capela.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Watching this BRK/DET game, and the in-house DJ plays the instrumental version of "Wait (The Whisper Song)" by Ying Yang Twins, and it kinda makes me wonder, has anybody in the Nets organization ever read the lyrics to that song? :eek:

Watching this BRK/DET game, and the in-house DJ plays the instrumental version of "Wait (The Whisper Song)" by Ying Yang Twins, and it kinda makes me wonder, has anybody in the Nets organization ever read the lyrics to that song? :eek:
This reminds me, a few years back when I was coaching my sons travel baseball team we were playing in a tournament against a team from SoCal. They had their own walk up music and in between inning music. They were playing Crank That by Soulja Boy. I had to explain to some of our parents what “Superman that ho” meant when I couldn’t stop laughing.

Oh, and the kids were 8.

Rudy Gobert might be my favorite active player in the NBA. And shout out to the Utah Jazz, for figuring out a way to get a player like Gobert to continue to be an impact player in the "modern" NBA, without even the threat of a three-point shot, and without being a significant pick-and-roll lob threat, like a Capela.
The Jazz are fun, unselfish and well coached. It has been fun watching the organization recover from the catastrophe that was Gordon Hayward leaving for Boston.

I di take issue with your assessment that Gobert isnt the lob threat Capela is. I am not sure what this us based on. The Jazz run pick and roll with Gobert very effectively precisely because he is a formidable lib threat. He holds that all time record for dunks in a season and they almost all come in the half court offense.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Spurs got the stop they needed to give themselves a chance to tie, or take the lead, then committed what ended up being a game-ending turnover. Bad loss for the Spurs, now a full game back of Memphis for the eighth seed.

I got to hand it to Jae Crowder his trolling of others and getting into heads of the opposition has been masterful this year he completely took out Marcus Morris and Payton to the point where they were "willing" to fight him. He never this season is the one to lash out first only to defend himself. Part of what makes him successful is he's a little tank himself so when he's winning mentally he's hard to punish physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.