[Game] Kings v. Magic - Monday, Jan. 13 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are only so many "1 second" plays in the NBA.
There's a whole darn near 50 feet of shooting space in the half court though. Barnes isn't even a lob threat anyway. Maybe he thought he could trick teams or something? This team isn't really blessed with a ton of above the rim players. There's a lot more shooting than those types.

Definitely an exciting game... frustration, celebration, cheers, groans...this one had it all. Even on a bad night we are still competing though, which hasn't always been the case.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Buddy completely disappeared down the stretch and it's baffling.
Fox was pretty much taking over, driving the lane almost every possession. Not much Buddy can do without the ball. I don't really remember him even touching it in the last 3-4 minutes. And hey, if he spreads the floor enough to get Fox all those open lanes, that's enough.

All things being equal, the difference seems to be Walton and Joerger. I just dont really think this team makes the same kind of mistakes and I also think they run teams off the floor. And the so called "defense" Walton preaches was better under Joeger and Joeger didn't have Holmes either.

Fox was pretty much taking over, driving the lane almost every possession. Not much Buddy can do without the ball. I don't really remember him even touching it in the last 3-4 minutes. And hey, if he spreads the floor enough to get Fox all those open lanes, that's enough.
He didn't come in until nearly half way through either.

All things being equal, the difference seems to be Walton and Joerger. I just dont really think this team makes the same kind of mistakes and I also think they run teams off the floor. And the so called "defense" Walton preaches was better under Joeger and Joeger didn't have Holmes either.
You might want to go back and watch some of the Kings games towards the end of last season. They lost a lot and they lost a lot of close ones. This team has trouble finishing and it is not just this year.

The main thing is the Kings have too many lulls. But there are some bright spots....
This is the core of the issue. There's way too much inconsistency. If the Kings didn't play like an NCAA team half the game with the turnovers, nonexistent defense, and minutes at a time of stagnant offense, they would be a great team. They have stretches where they look like they can beat anyone, but those stretches are wasted as comebacks (what they sometimes complete for the win) rather than opportunities to gain or extend a lead. The stretches of excellent play need to be supplemented by decent play rather than terrible lulls that result in double digit deficits.

yeah except you have to know they would run a play forcing Marvin to help and decide where to go. I think we would have been better with Harry or Dedmon.
Unfortunately, I don't think we had any great options in that position with Holmes out. It's funny too because they didn't even really try to force Marvin to help. Fournier was trying to iso Fox and Marvin was overhelping WAY off Vucevic who is a good shooter, even from 3. He kinda just screened Fox in the process, which I think would've infuriated me if Fournier took and made the shot rather than pass to Gordon (whom Ariza left while getting caught in no man's land himself).

Status
Not open for further replies.