Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sacramento Kings:
Holmes out.
Bogs out.
Barnes - expected to play (according to Yahoo player profile)
Bagley - expects to be "ready to play" (Yahoo)
Joseph - "Joseph's fever spiked on Sunday, so we'll list him as questionable for Monday's game vs. the Magic -- he might be closer to doubtful." (Yahoo)

Orlando Magic:
Jonathan Isaac out.
Aaron Gordon questionable - "Gordon didn't play on Friday but was able to get through parts of Sunday's practice, so at least he's trending in the right direction.' (Yahoo)
D.J. Augustin questionable - "DJA is dealing with a bruise in his knee, an injury that prevented him from playing on Friday. He did do limited work during Sunday's practice, so hopefully he'll respond well and get through shootarond without incident." (Yahoo)
Michael Carter-Williams questionable - "MCW said his conditioning is good, and it's not like he'll be asked to play more than 20 minutes even if D.J. Augustin (knee) misses time. " (Yahoo)
Al-Farouq Aminu out

I officially just hope we have enough players to last the whole game, especially if the officials do what they usually do...

GO KINGS!

The Isaac injury is a huge blow to the Magic, his defense was outstanding this year. Kings should at the very least compete in this game.. really they should win it but no guarantees with this squad

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've pretty much given up on the season. I know it's early, but it's probably time to develop some young guys and maybe sit/trade some vets.
Game thread, dude. Talk about developing players, trades, etc. just about anywhere else. Not everybody has given up. Thanks. :)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Please please please please just start the Wet Bandits as long as Holmes is out and just see what happens. They were some of the most fun to watch when they were in the court together last season.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Please please please please just start the Wet Bandits as long as Holmes is out and just see what happens. They were some of the most fun to watch when they were in the court together last season.
Translate for the old folks (me) in the audience. :p

I don't get it... trade coming or just happy to be in Sactown? o_O
https://theathletic.com/1529056/2020/01/13/evan-fournier-mike-bibby-sacramento-kings/

In 2002, as a 9-year-old growing up in the outskirts of Paris, Fournier watched NBA playoff basketball for the first time, and that series just happened to be the Western Conference finals between the Sacramento Kings and the Los Angeles Lakers.

But rather than focus on Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O’Neal, something about the Kings transfixed him. Sacramento featured three European players — Vlade Divac, Peja Stojakovic and Hedo Turkoglu — and Fournier resolved to reach the NBA, just like they did. Most of all, though, Fournier idolized the Kings’ 6-foot-1 American point guard, Mike Bibby.

“I just loved them,” Fournier...

https://theathletic.com/1529056/2020/01/13/evan-fournier-mike-bibby-sacramento-kings/

In 2002, as a 9-year-old growing up in the outskirts of Paris, Fournier watched NBA playoff basketball for the first time, and that series just happened to be the Western Conference finals between the Sacramento Kings and the Los Angeles Lakers.

But rather than focus on Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O’Neal, something about the Kings transfixed him. Sacramento featured three European players — Vlade Divac, Peja Stojakovic and Hedo Turkoglu — and Fournier resolved to reach the NBA, just like they did. Most of all, though, Fournier idolized the Kings’ 6-foot-1 American point guard, Mike Bibby.

“I just loved them,” Fournier...
I get it:)

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If we have Fox, Bagley, Yogi, Dedmon, Barnes, Giles, Hield, JJ, Ariza and Bjelica, I'd say we're looking good.

I just want Bagley to play and get some minutes. Play with effort on D, but don't force things on offense. Not concerned at all with his efficiency in his first game back.

I want Fox to dominate at the pg position both offensively and defensively.

I want Hield to play to his strengths - shooting, stamina, strength. He should be a perpetual motion machine off the ball, not stopping for longer than two seconds, change up his speeds and directions, use his strong body to bump hard into opposing guards (glancing blows off their shoulder) when he doesn't have the ball to get open, shoot with balance. Every time I watch Hield I come away thinking he does not use his physical strength nearly as much as he should. He tries to play like a lithe, thin, quick 2G, which he is not, rather than a strong, tough, long distance runner that he could be. It should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway: Eliminate the dribble show.

Giles must have gotten a blood transfusion from Buddy. He's been doing a lot of stupid stuff and needs to to stop. Less is more with Giles.

It would be nice if Dedmon could get his shot going, but I'll take some good defense and rebounding at the minimum.

Sacramento Kings:
Holmes out.
Bogs out.
Barnes - expected to play (according to Yahoo player profile)
Bagley - expects to be "ready to play" (Yahoo)
Joseph - "Joseph's fever spiked on Sunday, so we'll list him as questionable for Monday's game vs. the Magic -- he might be closer to doubtful." (Yahoo)

Orlando Magic:
Jonathan Isaac out.
Aaron Gordon questionable - "Gordon didn't play on Friday but was able to get through parts of Sunday's practice, so at least he's trending in the right direction.' (Yahoo)
D.J. Augustin questionable - "DJA is dealing with a bruise in his knee, an injury that prevented him from playing on Friday. He did do limited work during Sunday's practice, so hopefully he'll respond well and get through shootarond without incident." (Yahoo)
Michael Carter-Williams questionable - "MCW said his conditioning is good, and it's not like he'll be asked to play more than 20 minutes even if D.J. Augustin (knee) misses time. " (Yahoo)
Al-Farouq Aminu out

I officially just hope we have enough players to last the whole game, especially if the officials do what they usually do...

GO KINGS!
ESPN showing Bagley out. Any updates for the glass man?

ESPN showing Bagley out. Any updates for the glass man?
Bagley should be playing per Ham.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I now have a secondary source. Luke Walton confirms that Marvin Bagley will play tonight. He will be on a minutes restrictions.</p>— James Ham (@James_HamNBCS) <a href=" ">January 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They aren't starting together, but they have to share the court for at least a few minutes right??? I hope they wrap their hands in tape so they can be extra adept at snagging that loose change

gunks

Hall of Famer
Hmm.....Fox and Bagley are actually gonna play together for what, like the 10th time this season?

I suppose my curiosity is tickled just enough for a reluctant tune in. Orlando is looking dinged up enough for this to be a W, too.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Note: The game thread has been getting a bit out of control lately. Today we will be much more proactive about keeping excessive negativity, including scapegoating, out of the game thread. Posts deemed to violate rule #1 ("Don't be a jerk") will be deleted. Repeat offenses will earn a game thread ban for the day. Thanks for keeping the game thread clean!

Status
Not open for further replies.