NFL SuperBowl LIV - 2/2/2020

Who wins Super Bowl LIV?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hopefully, the Eagles also pull the upset. Couldn't ask for a better path than Vikings then Packers or Eagles all at home.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The way we match up, the Seahawks' amazing luck in close games and #*&$ Russell Wilson make this much preferable. Can't look past anyone, but today was the first time the Vikings have won a road game against a winning team.
Honestly, the Vikings look a lot better than the Seahawks but I guess history
Other than laying an egg against Matt Ryan and Atlanta, the Niners have been great against pocket QBs. The Vikings have weapons. They can look scary. They’re a playoff team that just beat the Saints in the Dome. But they don’t have Russell Wilson. And I’ll take that every day of the week.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Can’t believe I can just sit back and watch this one without stressing about any hypotheticals for next weekend. Lol

Other than laying an egg against Matt Ryan and Atlanta, the Niners have been great against pocket QBs. The Vikings have weapons. They can look scary. They’re a playoff team that just beat the Saints in the Dome. But they don’t have Russell Wilson. And I’ll take that every day of the week.
Very well said. I'd much rather face Vikings in week 2 of playoffs.......

And since we already know Niners/Seahawks games are incredible battles and a huge rivalry........I'd much rather see that in the NFC Championship Game with a Superbowl entry on the line.

Seattle fans are so obnoxious. I had to unfollow a bunch of people their first Superbowl year who had never made a peep about them before.
A lot of the Seahawks fans in my circle are Timbers fans who hate the other team that plays in their stadium and use a childish name to describe Seattle. It's just a complete mind-f that you can run your mouth off about Seattle for 9 months out of the year and suddenly turn Seahawk fan during the soccer offseason. It's about 50-50 from my Portland native friends between the 9ers and Hawks with some Raiders fans sprinkled in (and boy are those folks loving the Pats early demise this year like the Raiders have had anything to cheer about since 2003, it's like a victim of spousal abuse cheering that their happily married neighbors had a fight about bills one night).

GB fans I know are largely a bunch of people with no tie whatsoever to the midwest. They've won just enough to not really be underdogs and yet are chronic underachievers based on media treatment/perception which makes it even more puzzling how folks just glom onto that team. And boy do they run their mouths. Maybe it's because they have similar colors to the Oregon Ducks?

Speaking of, I actually had one person try to defend the position that the Titans held Marcus Mariota back and all a QB has to do in Tenn. is hand off the ball. Ok, then why has Marcus been so bad the past two years? (hey, I'd love the Pats to bring him in to backup Brady next year if I wasn't now convinced he just isn't all that)

Sorry for mini rant, I'm rooting for SF from here on out even though I'm Cinderella, it's midnight and you have my magic slipper (Jimmy G).

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I hate that Seattle’s going to win, but they just barely eked out a win over a gimpy 40 year old backup who’s team couldn’t call a proper play inside the red zone if their life depended on it.

They still terrify me though.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wentz is out

Backup in. Eagles super bowl confirmed
I cannot believe the hit that Crowley put on Wentz didn't result in a penalty at least. I'm really tired of seeing officials look the other way as Seattle takes out opposing players with helmet-to-helmet hits. Props to the Eagles for trying their best.

NOTE: I'll be removing the old poll and putting a new one in its place shortly. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This round is TOUGH. If the games are anywhere near as good as they should be, I'm in for a whole bunch of football fun next weekend. On a personal note, I picked the teams I want to win. Of the 4 matchups, I think the last one is gonna be the most nail-biting. I'd much rather see the Niners face the Packers so I'm gonna be using all my mojo to send them good wishes for next Sunday ONLY. :)

i didn’t vote in the last poll, but I would’ve gone 1-3. The Seahawks are the only team that won that I thought would win.

Going all home teams in week 2. Texans barely escaped as the only home team to win week 1 and its beginning to look like the Bills got hosed.

Niners
Packers
Ravens
Chiefs