[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Oubre has turned into a fantastic player and I wish he were on the Kings. He plays with a lot of energy and fire.
Wish an 80 million dollar offer sheet would have been thrown his way. Smh... he’s a guy I’ve liked for a good while, back to his Wizards days. Can’t believe the Suns got him for Ariza.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It was the back injury. He was very highly regarded and some even suggested he should go top-five knowing he was basically not even playing his first year.
Yeah, I remember before the injury seeing he was up at the top of the boards. Didn’t really remember how the discussion around here went though.

This could be huge for the Nuggets if Porter actually became their second best player and a reliable offensive weapon (especially if he can create his own shot).

From video I saw I always thought he was overrated as an overall prospect just because most of his high school success just came from being taller/longer and shooting over everybody. He's quick and a good athlete but also kinda stiff and upright. Didn't see him take many guys off the dribble at high school level (of course he didn't need to either).

All that said he does have a beautiful jump shot. Height/length/ability to rise up and shoot over people absolutely plays in the NBA especially when he can play off of guys like Jokic and Murray.

This could be huge for the Nuggets if Porter actually became their second best player and a reliable offensive weapon (especially if he can create his own shot).

From video I saw I always thought he was overrated as an overall prospect just because most of his high school success just came from being taller/longer and shooting over everybody. He's quick and a good athlete but also kinda stiff and upright. Didn't see him take many guys off the dribble at high school level (of course he didn't need to either).

All that said he does have a beautiful jump shot. Height/length/ability to rise up and shoot over people absolutely plays in the NBA especially when he can play off of guys like Jokic and Murray.
ya he landed in a great spot I still don’t believe he’d be a good SF without handles and the wiggle room

It looks like Porter Jr. might work out for the Nuggets, now imagine if another injury risk they took a chance on (Bol Bol) turns out. They'll have a really, really good team due to buying low on big prospects.

Most of us wanted Bol when he started dropping, but we also started cracking jokes about how maybe his legs were literal jello and stuff. I'll always remember that.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
IT been on a mission to just get ejected huh? first the fan incident. today, 2 minutes into the game, he touches an official.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kind of hard to see much with that clip, but what was IT thinking? It almost looked like he was shoving the official out of the way. Between going into the stands and now this it makes me wonder if there's something else going on in IT's mind. He's been around the league far too long to do incredibly stupid things like this.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Hawks fans are giving Trae Young "MVP" chants at the free throw line. The Hawks just beat the Pacers at home, to improve to 8-28.

The audacity.

Love dressed down the same Koby Altman who exchanges information with Woj in return for glowing press. Quite telling that the above is distributed by Shams. Opinions about various front offices are shaped in a lot of ways that people don’t even realize.

For instance, Morey’s whole career is predicated on the Harden trade happening about 7 months before he was set to be fired. He has yet to pair Harden with a sustainable second star. However, he is always available for Lowe and Simmons so he is talked about as a savant genius all the time.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I don't understand why people would take offense to the idea of sports columnists being more complimentary towards the people who give them access? So Daryl Morey makes himself available to Zach Lowe and, in exchange, Zach Lowe never badmouths Daryl Morey. So what? It's not like Zach Lowe is reporting on Capital Hill, or Wall Street, or something.

I don't understand why people would take offense to the idea of sports columnists being more complimentary towards the people who give them access? So Daryl Morey makes himself available to Zach Lowe and, in exchange, Zach Lowe never badmouths Daryl Morey. So what? It's not like Zach Lowe is reporting on Capital Hill, or Wall Street, or something.
Did anyone take offense, or was the process simply pointed out?

I could not care less about this Kevin Love situation. He's not a player I'm interested in, the Cavs are bad and will be for a while, and Love isn't worth anything on the market. He's oft-injured and his play isn't anything to write home about anymore.

If anything the Cavs might have to give something away to unload his salary.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Did anyone take offense, or was the process simply pointed out?
The way the internet is set up in 2020, I wouldn't expect someone to admit it, even if they were. Nobody's going to come in here and actually say the words, "I was offended," but they might come in here and give some sob story about bias, or pay lip service to the idea of integrity in sports journalism... as if sports journalism is a thing that matters. And, to me, that kind of talk is just hurt sensibilities, disguised as concern trolling; some "Won't someone think of the CHILDREN~!"-level headassery.

Status
Not open for further replies.