Im Really Unhappy To Be a Kings Fan

Its pretty terrible. We cant do the most basic of things.

We have a crap ton of talent and no foundation of the basic things needed to be successful. We bring in this GM, this coach, that coach, that GM. Still. It's very rare to see a hard, strong, LEGAL pick set if your name isnt Richaun Holmes (probably the last person to do so since Vlade). Nobody will put a body on someone to block out. Nobody sets a pick and pauses for a second to set that pock before rolling to the hoop to exploit the weakness in the defense.

Our team is so devoid of doing the smart, heady things that lead to winning basketball. Nobody freaking gets it in this organization.

It's a New Year and the same old bull. A mantra that has been repeated for over a decade. Will it ever stop? Is the life of a Kings fan relegated to just oiss poor efforts and lots of wasted talent?

Where did we go wrong??? My God. This is sports embarrassment.

There is NO GOOD TIME TO BE A KINGS FAN because we are about to set a record for futilitity and it wont be our first.

What gives???? With afanbase as passionate as ours and DYING TO SPEND MONEY ON THE PRODUCT, where is the team going wrong? This is probably the biggest anomaly in sports, because usually teams wilt because lack of support and this isnt our (as fans) problem. We support this team more than any other team has ever been supported as wack as it and its ownership has been.

Something has to give and unfortunately the city Doubled down on the team. So heads are about to roll.

It could be worse. We have some bad contracts but nothing crippling for a long time. We have a few guys we can trade for assets, a building block in Fox, a unknown piece of glass in Bagley.

Still could be bad enough to get a good pick.

I get it if you don't trust the front office though.

What makes me unhappy is we keep getting served up trash product every season yet the cost of going to a Kings game is outrageous. Our tickets are between the 12th - 18th highest depending on where you look. $20 to park. $12 for a can of Coors Lite. $10 for a hot dog with cold fries.

What makes me unhappy is we keep getting served up trash product every season yet the cost of going to a Kings game is outrageous. Our tickets are between the 12th - 18th highest depending on where you look. $20 to park. $12 for a can of Coors Lite. $10 for a hot dog with cold fries.
Well Coors Lite is garbage anyway. At the very least if you are going to go to a ballgame at least enjoy a better beer. I cant feel bad for a conscious choice to live life mediocrely. I mean of you're gonna spend $100+ to attend the Kings game, dont spend $11 to drink the rectum of the building. At least spend $13 to drink a real beer jeez.

Mods can you change the title to “why you should wait until the games over thread ;-)
No no no, I stand by it. Even after this win. I'm really unhappy to be a Kings fan. And my friends echo this statement. We are all long time Kings fans. Who occasionally spend money on going to games. I havent yet this year. And I doubt I will. This is just uninspiring. Ugly. Annoying.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No no no, I stand by it. Even after this win. I'm really unhappy to be a Kings fan. And my friends echo this statement. We are all long time Kings fans. Who occasionally spend money on going to games. I havent yet this year. And I doubt I will. This is just uninspiring. Ugly. Annoying.
The fact you and your friends are really unhappy to be Kings fans doesn't mean the rest of us have to follow suit.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I still with you my dude... Unfortunately the team still has a lot to do to rebuild my faith and fandom. I’m just kind of waiting around and cheering for players. It’s was nice to see Fox do well tonight. But I’m only reason I’m even watching right now is because Giles is playing again. I don’t know what I’m going to do if he achieves what I think he’s capable of and he bolts because they declined his option.

I get it and understand. And as a big Bogie fan, I bet both @burekijogurt and I would agree Bogi has played with his head up his ass for much of this season. Hell, I’d bet even Bogi would agree.

just the timing of the thread was amusing. As Kings fans we have to find our humor wherever we can!

The fact you and your friends are really unhappy to be Kings fans doesn't mean the rest of us have to follow suit.
Maybe of we all did some changes would be made.

I dont think much needs to change in the front office or the coaching staff per se. I just think the team needs a sense of urgency, more take it seriously of an approach.

Missing 15 foot wide open shots is inexcusable. I make those shots all the time and I'm 40 and out of shape and goofing off in a rec league.

I'm glad they FINALLY won a game but they have had so many offered to them that they havent taken advantage of it makes me question their professionalism. It should make other question it too.

I still with you my dude... Unfortunately the team still has a lot to do to rebuild my faith and fandom. I’m just kind of waiting around and cheering for players. It’s was nice to see Fox do well tonight. But I’m only reason I’m even watching right now is because Giles is playing again. I don’t know what I’m going to do if he achieves what I think he’s capable of and he bolts because they declined his option.
Yeah see but you love Luka and I think he is a *****. I would hate to root for him personally. I literally HATE watching Luka play.

I just want to see the current team man up. Dedmon requesting for a trade, Buddy acting like a *****, the team playing like bitches. That doesnt sit well with me.

Yeah see but you love Luka and I think he is a *****. I would hate to root for him personally. I literally HATE watching Luka play.
You wouldn't hate him if he was on your team. C'mon dude you know you wouldn't. It's like all the Niner fans that hated Richard Sherman and now love him.

Once they're on your team it's impossible to hate an overachieving winner that's clutch and wins you more games.

Let’s talk about this ^^^ the prices should reflect the product & Vice versa

As long as the Kings fans and the city of Sacramento don’t demand a competitive and championship caliber team and are perfectly content with losing years after year because having an NBA team in town is just good enough, nothing will ever change with this franchise. No professional franchise would ever get this much unwavered support from its fans without some success, maybe at least occasional playoff appearances.
Kings fans have only seen a few glory years that we all still miss and enjoy watching old Weber, Vlade, Peja, J-Will highlights. After so many disappointing seasons with full support, they deserve a competitive team and the Golden1 center should be the first place to start demanding a change in this franchise.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As long as the Kings fans and the city of Sacramento don’t demand a competitive and championship caliber team and are perfectly content with losing years after year because having an NBA team in town is just good enough, nothing will ever change with this franchise. No professional franchise would ever get this much unwavered support from its fans without some success, maybe at least occasional playoff appearances.
Kings fans have only seen a few glory years that we all still miss and enjoy watching old Weber, Vlade, Peja, J-Will highlights. After so many disappointing seasons with full support, they deserve a competitive team and the Golden1 center should be the first place to start demanding a change in this franchise.
There are fans who would love to see a championship, but are just happy to have a team that is entertaining, fun and competitive at some level. That might not be your definition of "fan" but it works for a lot of people. Face it. Most of us here are diehard fans, true fanatics in the real meaning of the word.

As far as the bolded part goes, when a community loves its team then they forgive a lot. Chicago Cubs immediately comes to mind.

As far as the bolded part goes, when a community loves its team then they forgive a lot. Chicago Cubs immediately comes to mind.
There are probably few examples but Cubs are definitely not one of them. I am sorry but comparing the Kings franchise to Chicago Cubs is an insult to one of the world’s most recognized and historical sports franchises in all sports, winning or losing aside. It’s a culture, it’s history. I wish the Kings can become a fraction of that when all said and done one day.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
There are fans who would love to see a championship, but are just happy to have a team that is entertaining, fun and competitive at some level. That might not be your definition of "fan" but it works for a lot of people. Face it. Most of us here are diehard fans, true fanatics in the real meaning of the word.

Chicago Cubs gave their fanbase a whole lot of suffering. Precisely a century's worth of it.