NFL 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I remember we were heavily mocked to draft the elder Bosa, but SD flipped the script taking him instead of Buckner.
A win-win situation for everyone except for the Chargers who promptly decided to throw away their perfectly good fanbase for a chance at being the 4th most popular team in LA

I think they will lose to the Titans, and it will be by like 10+ points. Titans are hot, and Bill seems to lose frequently to some of his old players & proteges. But they were cheated vs. the Chiefs so if they get past them they match up well in that game. Sucks that they blew a home match but hey. Actually more than anything this season that result really p*s me off.

It's still Baltimore's to lose. I am not a fan, so please lose.
Bill & Tom ain't losing to the Titans. If they do then the ride really is over but I just can't imagine that happening.

I remember we were heavily mocked to draft the elder Bosa, but SD flipped the script taking him instead of Buckner.
You cant fault that, even in hindsight. Bosa brothers may be the best defensive linemen in the NFL, both easily in top 5. Joey has more skills while Nick has to be one of the strongest linemen .....wonder what NIck can bench-press 3 times?

I think they will lose to the Titans, and it will be by like 10+ points. Titans are hot, and Bill seems to lose frequently to some of his old players & proteges. But they were cheated vs. the Chiefs so if they get past them they match up well in that game. Sucks that they blew a home match but hey. Actually more than anything this season that result really p*s me off.

It's still Baltimore's to lose. I am not a fan, so please lose.
Like I said, get Henry going, and anything can happen....but the Titans were blown out fairly hard by the Saints in the 2nd half 2 weeks ago. Their defense could get torched. If the Patriots defense has a strong game, I think the Patriots win by a TD or so . But that is an unknown; Patriots defense has faltered several games.

A win-win situation for everyone except for the Chargers who promptly decided to throw away their perfectly good fanbase for a chance at being the 4th most popular team in LA
Owners make multi-millions much more safely - dont have to finance anything close to the same degree for brand new stadium.....who cares about history.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
......I didn't ask you if you hoped. I hoped the 49ers win, but did I think they were gong to win? Nope. You're stating the obvious.....if you wanna talk the game go for it,, but lose the curt crap. You knew my point but wanted to get cute.....have a good night - <no response necessary or desired>.
You drastically overestimate my interest in getting cute (whatever that means). As far as you saying you'd call me a liar, you also drastically overestimate my concerns over what you might or might not call me.

My initial response was based on what I see now might or might not be an erroneous premise - it sounded to me as though you were a Hawks fan spouting just a smidge of sour grapes.

I'm really sorry (well, not really) if my responses fail to meet your standards but I think I might be able to get over it.

If they win a Super Bowl they might rise to being the 4th most popular team but even that is probably giving them too much credit. I'd say they're at best the 7th most popular team in LA right now (after the Lakers/Dodgers/Rams/LA Kings/Clippers/Angels) and that's only if you don't count college sports and because the Las Vegas Raiders are technically not in LA (although a good chunk of their new season ticket holders live here). If we just go by number of fans in LA you can probably add teams like the Red Sox and Yankees over them too and possibly even one of the MLS clubs. The general attitude about the Chargers I've observed among LA area folks is: "who"?

EDIT: Saw your later responses, looks like I should have read everything before replying. :)

I thought this would be a good time to remind everyone that the Niners won only 4 games last season and picked 2nd overall in the draft. The defense couldn't stop the run to save their lives and were somehow even worse in the secondary. The offense had one reliable reciever and question marks all over the front line while we nervously hoped our newly minted franchise QB would make a full recovery after ACL surgery. This year the Niners finished the regular season 13-3 and won the division, will pick 31st in the draft, beat the Rams twice, beat the Seahawks in Seattle, and that aforementioned QB just turned in the best season by a SF QB since Steve Young. The defense was historically great for the first half of the season before injuries knocked them down to merely being elite but they still finished the season with the lowest passing yards allowed per game despite playing against QBs named Brees, Rodgers, Jackson, and Wilson (twice). Lynch/Shanahan finally drafted a guy who looks like he could be a reliable WR1 for a team that hasn't had one for over a decade and oh yeah they also added a DPOY caliber pass-rusher for good measure. We started the year with three guys we hoped would be good at the LB positions and all 3 of them have had weeks where they were the best defensive player on the field for us. As turnarounds go, I doubt I will ever see one this complete and dramatic again.

Let's keep going though... If you were feeling generous you could pencil in our entire starting lineups on both sides of the ball for the Pro Bowl. If you're just being fair then half of them should be on that roster. Oh and our only three losses were: (1) In OT after a blown FG, (2) A last second FG from mid-field allowed to the Ravens in Baltimore, (3) A last second TD allowed to the Falcons that required a replay to confirm. If we had finished the season undefeated there would be all that additional pressure of keeping the streak going. Instead we've got a team that has gone down to the wire week after week and come out ahead in almost every opportunity. It remains to be seen if this group can step it up for the playoffs but they've already been put in 3 seasons worth of high pressure situations to get that first round bye and more than likely we'll be facing teams we've already faced before (Seattle/New Orleans/Green Bay/Baltimore). I know we'll all be disappointed if this team isn't playing in the Super Bowl to cap it all off but before we worry about playoffs, we really should take a moment to appreciate what a remarkable season this has been!

Looking back at the season it is crazy that the niners could easily be undefeated. This team has had an UNBELIEVABLE season!

To SLAB's reference to our week 4 bye, i remember seeing that on the schedule when it came out last year. Every comment was the same, what a brutal time for our scheduled bye. That this team worked through that, our easy first half schedule and our brutal 2nd half, and the 2nd most injuries in the league, to win the NFC, its an unbelievable feat! Ive loved the 49ers since my first game at age 8 and I don't remember loving a team more than this one. No matter how this post season turns out I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it!!!!

Id like to add this, id like to give major props to jed york for finally learning how a championship owner should act. He hired the right guys and got the hell out of the way! It gives me hope that Vivek might do the same one day.

The Niners opened Kwon Alexander’s practice window, and he is on the field practicing!!
Still gonna be a longshot that he plays next weekend. Im sure the niners are planning on not having him. If he is available HUGE +, assuming he is able to jump right back into the grinder and contribute like he was when he got hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.