Dedmon Wants Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would share news here, but Per Shams Dedmon Wants a Trade. To Start dicussions, what can we get in return for him at Center? https://theathletic.com/1490550/?source=twittered
A half eaten bag of chips, maybe?

Let's be serious, no one will trade for his contract, unless we are taking on an even worse contract or throwing in assets to move him.

Dedmon will need to sit himself down at the end of the bench and stay quiet until next years trade deadline, when his contract will have some value as a ending contract.

Dedmon plays like crap when given court time and he's asking for a public trade. Ridiculous!

He has a net negative value contract.

His agent should tell him that, I sure hope the Kings do not give up whatever asset it takes to move him. Maybe we can exchange him for worse money?

You could see it in his face during the last game. He looked uninterested to say the least. He grabbed a rebound (good), then had it stripped (bad). The next play down they passed to him on an inbounds play after a made basket and he couldn't even catch it (seriously bad) Buddy had to grab it from going put of bounds.

He almost had 2 turnovers in less than 2 min. last night. He can't make constant mistakes and expect to play.

I will say that, as much as he has sucked, I do agree with others that he's better than he's looked with the Kings. It hasn't worked out here for whatever reason. But regardless of that, he's still played poorly enough that I'd consider his contract miserable. Even if he's a half-decent player, his contract negates his trade value.

I don't see any scenario where the Kings don't give up him AND a pick. Maybe, maybe they squeeze a 2nd rounder outta him.

I mentioned in another thread calling our buddies in Indiana. They’re stocked with SFs and guards. Very limited depth behind Turner. Oladipo is supposed to return in a month, so they may be looking for someone like Dedmon

Kingster

Hall of Famer
When do you think, I'm hoping if we lose to Suns, changes happen
I wish I knew. I think it just makes sense. Some teams that are serious playoff teams are going to want more shooting and maybe they want back-up help at center. Dedmond and Bogs are obvious candidates, but there may be others.

I don’t really blame the guy. He was brought in to be a starter and getting a bunch of Dnp-cd. Yeah he isn’t playing up to his contract but not much worse than buddy during these last 5 games. He doesn’t have many years of his prime left to be rotting at the end of the bench on a non playoff team. Just wish he did this more quietly or was given a chance to play his way back into some playing time.

I don’t really blame the guy. He was brought in to be a starter and getting a bunch of Dnp-cd. Yeah he isn’t playing up to his contract but not much worse than buddy during these last 5 games. He doesn’t have many years of his prime left to be rotting at the end of the bench on a non playoff team. Just wish he did this more quietly or was given a chance to play his way back into some playing time.
He didn't hold a press conference.

But yeah, to be on a sub .500 team and sit the bench. That's tough to swallow. Give him credit that it's not just about collecting a paycheck.

Not sexy but think I have a workable trade.

Dedmon + Ariza out to Atlanta

For Parsons (expiring) 2024 second from Warriors.

We save the on the mini guarantee to Ariza next year (James gets some development now) get out of the Dedmon contract. Pick up a second a long time from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.