The ONE AND ONLY Luka Doncic discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
New JJ looking like a really nifty wing piece after people absolutely crapped on the Kings for drafting him all offseason is just another tick in the ledger towards "Maybe dudes in an NBA front office are there for a reason".

Also the NBA deciding to schedule us for a 4 game road trip right before Thanksgiving is the ultimate FU Vivek move.
JJ looking solid early on hardly justifies taking Bagley over Doncic.

Donic this and Donic that , most ever year players get hyped up and really who knows except but a few players make a legitimate once in a decade player. We have two players who have won multiple awards overseas and they sure weren’t top picks.
I will admit I never watched Donic but I watched Bagley and was impressed enough that I was very happy with the pick.

Are we supposed to not believe the national team coaches an how they praised Bagley. It’s not like we drafted never nervous pervis.

Yeah that draft wasn’t like passing on Michael Jordan at #3 that year. Who knows how Sam Bowie would of turned out if not for injuries. And we took Otis instead of Stockton that year also.

I actually want to see Bagley actually play awhile and let’s see if we trade him off before his rookie contract runs out or are praying he signs a extension.

Donic this and Donic that , most ever year players get hyped up and really who knows except but a few players make a legitimate once in a decade player. We have two players who have won multiple awards overseas and they sure weren’t top picks.
I will admit I never watched Donic but I watched Bagley and was impressed enough that I was very happy with the pick.

Are we supposed to not believe the national team coaches an how they praised Bagley. It’s not like we drafted never nervous pervis.

Yeah that draft wasn’t like passing on Michael Jordan at #3 that year. Who knows how Sam Bowie would of turned out if not for injuries. And we took Otis instead of Stockton that year also.

I actually want to see Bagley actually play awhile and let’s see if we trade him off before his rookie contract runs out or are praying he signs a extension.
Luka is averaging 30-9-10 it doesn’t matter how Bagley looks there’s no justifying passing on Luka. The kid has Dallas number 5 in the playoff standings he’s more valuable right now than AD ever was and Bagley isn’t on ADs level.

Luka is averaging 30-9-10 it doesn’t matter how Bagley looks there’s no justifying passing on Luka. The kid has Dallas number 5 in the playoff standings he’s more valuable right now than AD ever was and Bagley isn’t on ADs level.
So, now he’s more valuable than AD and he’s never even won a playoff series? The Luka stans are something else, man. And, I wanted him too, but this kid gets a special level of internet hype from the blog bois. He’s found a rich vein of form...but > AD? This fanbase, man. We’ve passed on real MVPs for guys like Joe Klein...this stuff is losing touch with reality.

So, now he’s more valuable than AD and he’s never even won a playoff series? The Luka stans are something else, man. And, I wanted him too, but this kid gets a special level of internet hype from the blog bois. He’s found a rich vein of form...but > AD? This fanbase, man. We’ve passed on real MVPs for guys like Joe Klein...this stuff is losing touch with reality.
AD has one playoff win and it was when Rondo/Jru took over, his teams routinely fell short. In his second season it looks like Luka has Dallas in the playoffs with mush worse supporting cast than AD has ever had. I stand by my comment

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
AD has one playoff win and it was when Rondo/Jru took over, his teams routinely fell short. In his second season it looks like Luka has Dallas in the playoffs with mush worse supporting cast than AD has ever had. I stand by my comment
Dallas has played a rather cupcake schedule (in which they somehow managed to lose to the Knicks twice but that's another story) and would be in the playoffs if the postseason started today but there's still 60-something games left to go this season so let's maybe hold off on the Luka single-handedly took his useless team to the playoffs narrative (which magically morphed from the Luka and KCP will be the best duo in the league for a decade narrative) for at least a couple more months.

Dallas has played a rather cupcake schedule (in which they somehow managed to lose to the Knicks twice but that's another story) and would be in the playoffs if the postseason started today but there's still 60-something games left to go this season so let's maybe hold off on the Luka single-handedly took his useless team to the playoffs narrative (which magically morphed from the Luka and KCP will be the best duo in the league for a decade narrative) for at least a couple more months.
I know you dontl rate Zinger much but to call him KCP is a low blow

l’ve been on record for years saying that AD is overrated. Good player, but not as great as purported.

When the Pels faced GSW in the playoffs, 6’6 Draymond Green was consistently able to guard him 1 on 1 and make him settle for lower percentage shots outside the paint, specifically when it mattered in crunch time.

I don’t care how good a defender Draymond is, he’s still 6’6 while AD is damn near 7 feet. And if he’s the superstar player many tout him to be, that should never happen. But it did.

AD may look even better playing next to and off LBJ, but he’s not an elite star capable of leading a team as the #1 alpha dog. That‘s already been proven during his time in NO.

But #77 in Dallas is looking more and more like that type of player each and every game.

#77 already >> AD

17 games in last year, the Grizzlies were the top team in the West. 17 games in this year, Dallas is a shoe in for the playoffs?

AD lost to GSW in the playoffs when the Warriors arguably had one of the best rosters in NBA history. So that makes AD bad?

This thread is not for reality, my friend. Read it for entertainment value.

17 games in last year, the Grizzlies were the top team in the West. 17 games in this year, Dallas is a shoe in for the playoffs?

AD lost to GSW in the playoffs when the Warriors arguably had one of the best rosters in NBA history. So that makes AD bad?

How about ADs other years what’s his excuses for that

How about ADs other years what’s his excuses for that
I'd probably save the bluster for when "the generational talent" actually has led his team to the playoffs, not 17 games in to his second season.

Apparently LD can't do it alone either since the Mavericks went 33-49 last year. What was his/your excuse for that?

I'd probably save the bluster for when "the generational talent" actually has led his team to the playoffs, not 17 games in to his second season.

Apparently LD can't do it alone either since the Mavericks went 33-49 last year. What was his/your excuse for that?
While you try to argue semantics on these superstars leading or not leading their teams to the playoffs (at age 19 mind you lmao) or why one is the NBA's golden boy and one's the devil, the fact remains we don't have any of these people, had a chance to get one, and instead took the guy people dread returning to the starting lineup because he might break the offense.

While you try to argue semantics on these superstars leading or not leading their teams to the playoffs (at age 19 mind you lmao) or why one is the NBA's golden boy and one's the devil, the fact remains we don't have any of these people, had a chance to get one, and instead took the guy people dread returning to the starting lineup because he might break the offense.
The only people “dreading” Bagleys return to the lineup are you and the other Lukaphiles. The vast majority of Kings fans can’t wait to get him back in the line up, not to mention the coaches and players.

There is a blatant level of hypocrisy involved in the analysis of Luka and that's all I pointed out. There is no doubt in my mind why Luka is the golden boy and others who play the same type of style are crucified for it.

As far as adding a guy back to the starting lineup of a below .500 team.. I don't know how many are actually dreading it outside of the Luka loyalists.

The only people “dreading” Bagleys return to the lineup are you and the other Lukaphiles. The vast majority of Kings fans can’t wait to get him back in the line up, not to mention the coaches and players.

I've been wanting him to start the moment we drafted him and I'm sure a few others who wanted Luka feel the same. If he doesn't have the talent or ability to fit cohesively with the starting unit, then what the hell did we draft him #2 for? I've said "earn it' nonsense is for inferior franchises with inferior talents and I stand by that statement.

The ones dreading his return are inexplicably his biggest supporters. There's a desire to keep him on the bench for freakin' Nemanja Bjelica and Richaun Holmes because the Kings are trending upward and they fit well. It's ridiculous, we've heard nothing but hot takes about fit since his drafting and now we have to hear about having to keep him away from Fox and the others in the starting lineup because of... fit!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I've been wanting him to start the moment we drafted him and I'm sure a few others who wanted Luka feel the same. If he doesn't have the talent or ability to fit cohesively with the starting unit, then what the hell did we draft him #2 for? I've said "earn it' nonsense is for inferior franchises with inferior talents and I stand by that statement.

The ones dreading his return are inexplicably his biggest supporters. There's a desire to keep him on the bench for freakin' Nemanja Bjelica and Richaun Holmes because the Kings are trending upward and they fit well. It's ridiculous, we've heard nothing but hot takes about fit since his drafting and now we have to hear about having to keep him away from Fox and the others in the starting lineup because of... fit!
Wanting to consider easing him in to the lineup isn't the same as "having to keep him away from Fox and the others" blah, blah, blah.

I personally trust in Walton to do it the right way, keeping what works best for the end goal. If it's starting him right away, fine. It will mean Walton feels he can hit the floor running so to speak. If Bagley comes off the bench a time or two, also fine. Bottom line is it's up to the coaches to get this absolutely right. We cannot afford any more missteps if we really want to push for that #8 seed.

Let's just see what happens. I firmly believe MB3 has been absorbing knowledge like a sponge while he's been out. He seems to be a student of the game type of player, which means he's always looking for ways to improve and hone his skills even further. I don't think Bagley's biggest supporters are dreading his return and I don't think any of them (us) will be disappointed.

Wanting to consider easing him in to the lineup isn't the same as "having to keep him away from Fox and the others" blah, blah, blah.

I personally trust in Walton to do it the right way, keeping what works best for the end goal. If it's starting him right away, fine. It will mean Walton feels he can hit the floor running so to speak. If Bagley comes off the bench a time or two, also fine. Bottom line is it's up to the coaches to get this absolutely right. We cannot afford any more missteps if we really want to push for that #8 seed.

Let's just see what happens. I firmly believe MB3 has been absorbing knowledge like a sponge while he's been out. He seems to be a student of the game type of player, which means he's always looking for ways to improve and hone his skills even further. I don't think Bagley's biggest supporters are dreading his return and I don't think any of them (us) will be disappointed.
I won't be upset about easing him back into the lineup, that's normal after injury.

But when I hear that a player should be a 6th man so they can "get buckets", it's always an implicit distrust in that player's ability. It's more like, "hey, go do this one thing you're really good at on an island and don't screw everything up for everyone else with your hideous flaws".

We've seen this before with players, Jamal Crawford, Lou Williams, IT, even Buddy Hield though I don't personally believe in those last two. You can't tell me those clamoring for Buddy to be a 6th man aren't doing so because of his IQ-based blunders and want to get him away before he screws up more.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I won't be upset about easing him back into the lineup, that's normal after injury.

But when I hear that a player should be a 6th man so they can "get buckets", it's always an implicit distrust in that player's ability. It's more like, "hey, go do this one thing you're really good at on an island and don't screw everything up for everyone else with your hideous flaws".

We've seen this before with players, Jamal Crawford, Lou Williams, IT, even Buddy Hield though I don't personally believe in those last two. You can't tell me those clamoring for Buddy to be a 6th man aren't doing so because of his IQ-based blunders and want to get him away before he screws up more.
Fair enough. Not that I totally agree, but I do see your point. I keep having Cisco Garcia flashbacks whenever I watch Buddy, so I can't even pretend to be impartial in his regard. Would he be better as 6th man? It worked pretty well for Bobby Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.