Allen Crabbe?

Has a expiring 18million dollar deal can still really space the floor and would be a nice addition off the bench and another 39-40% 3 point shooter maybe something like Ariza (when possible)/2nd rounder for Crabbe? I only see upside in a deal for the Kings he plays well without the ball and while Ariza has shown a slight pulse he's just not really what we would want as a back up SF. If it fails he's off the books and if plays really well he might resign here if Bogi chooses to go elsewhere or even stay for a decent deal.

Crabbe just isn't a good player. He looked like he was about to break out and then he signed that contract and has been between average and garbage since then. I think even old Ariza is a much better player than Crabbe.

You know, I can't really see a guy on an expiring that he never really lived up to being good for team morale and chemistry. Aside from the fact that he doesn't really move the needle for us. Most teams that deal an expiring want something in return so I don't see us making that deal for a number of reasons, the last of which is I believe all our deals are set up with options in a way that will allow the team to re-sign their key guys and work the cap until we presumably max Fox and Bagley at which point we will be in luxury land.

This isn't a comment on jellyfish directly, but what is the infatuation on this board about re-going after guys we supposedly liked 4-5 years prior, especially when they are past their prime?

Crabbe is at best an 8-9th man on a mediocre team. He's not a rotational player on a really good team.

Last edited:
This isn't a comment on jellyfish directly, but what is the infatuation on this board about re-going after guys we supposedly liked 4-5 years prior, especially when they are past their prime?

Crabbe is at best an 8-9th man on a mediocre team. He's not a rotational player on a really good team.
Which is exactly what we are atm I don't think Ariza is even a 8/9th on a mediocre team, anyone who can hit 40% form three and space the floor has big value in particular if it's a deep rotation player.

Ariza makes 12 mil - so who else do you propose we throw in to make the salaries match? And what's in it for Atlanta? I don't see how this makes sense for either team's plans.

Which is exactly what we are atm I don't think Ariza is even a 8/9th on a mediocre team, anyone who can hit 40% form three and space the floor has big value in particular if it's a deep rotation player.
At full strength, Ariza is 10-12 on this team.

Fox
Bagley
Buddy
Bogi
Barnes
Holmes
Dedmond
Jospeh
Bjelicia

Giles (maybe)

Ariza

At full strength, Ariza is 10-12 on this team.

Fox
Bagley
Buddy
Bogi
Barnes
Holmes
Dedmond
Jospeh
Bjelicia

Giles (maybe)

Ariza
It's all match up dependent. Ariza is still a better defender than pretty much all of our wings other than CoJo. He's not a good offensive player anymore and he doesn't shoot the ball much unless it's there for the taking. Which is exactly what you want out of a guy like that. I don't quite understand the hate on him this year. He's even shooting something like 38% from 3 on the year. He shouldn't be playing 20+ minutes a game but he's a valuable player to have coming off the bench if you need defense or need to stretch the floor a bit.

It's all match up dependent. Ariza is still a better defender than pretty much all of our wings other than CoJo. He's not a good offensive player anymore and he doesn't shoot the ball much unless it's there for the taking. Which is exactly what you want out of a guy like that. I don't quite understand the hate on him this year. He's even shooting something like 38% from 3 on the year. He shouldn't be playing 20+ minutes a game but he's a valuable player to have coming off the bench if you need defense or need to stretch the floor a bit.
That's not hate. It's just where he's at on this team. Some nights he'll play 28 minutes, some nights 8 minutes. That's what you expect from the role. Be ready, play D, make shots at a decent clip.

while Ariza hasn't been great this year, he has played his role well enough. He plays solid defense & can be used at 3 different positions. And despite having a rough time on offense, he is still shooting 37.5% from 3. Crabbe has always been a player that does one thing - shoot 3s (& he's streaky). He is a poor defender, average ball-handler & not much of a passer. He rebounds ok. My point is that Ariza is still a better & more valuable player right now.

Jared Dudley! Why no one is talking about this guy is beyond me! He is a basketball savant. Like mana from heaven.