TV - What's your passion (NON-sports)?

dude12

Hall of Famer
Wondering if anyone else watched the Live....All in the Family and The Jeffersons show this past week. Really enjoyed the nostalgia of watching it, thought that the actors and actresses were very credible in bringing back some iconic roles. Marisa Tomei as Edith Bunker was sooooo spot on. Woody Harrelson as Archie Bunker and Jamie Foxx as George Jefferson were fun to watch but it was a reminder of how great and slick these shows were in addressing the topics back then.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, I didn't get to update this on time, due to computer problems (that I'm still dealing with), so, here are my updated rankings for Mr. Slim's personal Top 10 shows of the 2018-19 season*, as of May 25, 2019:

1. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (NR)
  2. S.W.A.T. (-1)
  3. The Orville (-1)
  4. DC's Legends of Tomorrow (+2)
  5. Brockmire (NR)
  6. The Good Place (-1)
  7. Cloak and Dagger (NR)
  8. Arrow (-1)
  9. Supergirl (-6)
  10. Into the Badlands (-2)

* - excludes streaming-exclusive shows

(NR) - Not Previously Ranked
Ranking increase noted in
blue
Ranking decrease noted in red

Falling out of the Top Ten: The Flash (-2), Black Lightning (-2), Good Girls (-9)

Still haven't gotten around to watching This Is Us; Binging the entire season after the Finals seems imminent, at this point, and just as masochistic as when I'd resigned myself to binge it, before. I have, however, seen the entire season of Brockmire, and loved it. Good Girls fell off a cliff, after the fourth episode this season. Cloak and Dagger has been good, and AoS has been amaze-balls, as usual.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I've stopped watching Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow - these shows used to be fun but they really just aren't for me any more. I've lost interest.

I did watch the first episode of The Man in the High Castle (Prime Video) yesterday and I think it has promise. Not sure where it is leading to though. Also not sure why I decided to start something new while I am still behind on some of my normal viewing (Agents of Shield, Supergirl, Flash, Cloak and Dagger) and my wife and I are only about halfway through Blacklist (mid Season 3 or so, I think, on Netflix). We are caught up on Blindspot, so that's a plus!

Definitely looking forward to Disney+ when it comes out given the Star Wars and Marvel centric TV shows on it.

Is it wrong that I liked Brockmire more when he was a drunk? And, in that vein, am I bad for hoping he falls off the wagon...soon?

I watched the premiere episode of Bless This Mess and was somewhat confused, so you're not the only one who sees more than a passing resemblance between Amanda Peet and Lake Bell.

I need to watch Brockmire. Hank Azaria is one of my favorite actors
Btw what did you think of Big Bang finale?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I need to watch Brockmire. Hank Azaria is one of my favorite actors
Btw what did you think of Big Bang finale?
I loved Brockmire last season. This year, however, it's just not as funny to me. It's almost as though it's trying to appeal to too many different demographics. Or maybe I'm just too old for some of the "nuanced" humor. Either way, it just doesn't make me laugh any more - and I've always loved Hank Azaria.

I thought the Big Bang finale was perfect.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I loved Brockmire last season. This year, however, it's just not as funny to me. It's almost as though it's trying to appeal to too many different demographics. Or maybe I'm just too old for some of the "nuanced" humor.
And, as a counterpoint, I thought that this was the best season of Brockmire to date, and I can't imagine a show trying to make its humor more inclusive being a negative.

I thought the Big Bang finale was perfect.
I definitely did not think that the finale to The Big Bang Theory was perfect.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And, as a counterpoint, I thought that this was the best season of Brockmire to date, and I can't imagine a show trying to make its humor more inclusive being a negative.

I definitely did not think that the finale to The Big Bang Theory was perfect.
Luckily for us, we can still share our interest in basketball. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Top picks on my DVR right now:

Animal Kingdom
Guardians of the Glades
Fear the Walking Dead

Hoping NOS4A2 breaks into the list. I really like Zachary Quinto.

dude12

Hall of Famer
It took me a few minutes to get into it but I'm definitely anxious to see where they go. Zachary Quinto did not disappoint. :)
I didn’t read the book so I have nothing to go on as far as “did they get this character right”. Reading twitter and those committed to the book, the consensus is mostly positive. Can’t wait to see where ZQ takes the character and am eager to see Christmasland.

Not sure if anyone has watched Chernobyl , but it is amazing . Unbelievably tense and great acting
Yeah watching it all right now also, was not yet born when that happenend, but my parents/grandparents told me about how they heard what has happened, and the rumours were spreading around the local community, but the first time my pop heard it was from the foreigner radio station (which was illegal back in the Soviet era) Day before the Soviet news announced the accident.

These HBO series are just unbelievable.

Yeah watching it all right now also, was not yet born when that happenend, but my parents/grandparents told me about how they heard what has happened, and the rumours were spreading around the local community, but the first time my pop heard it was from the foreigner radio station (which was illegal back in the Soviet era) Day before the Soviet news announced the accident.

These HBO series are just unbelievable.
Was talking with my dad about this, I’m 40 and remember it, but until I watched this I had no clue about the subsequent cover up. Scary .

dude12

Hall of Famer
A couple of series coming back soon as I see the ads for them
The Terror....2nd season has the look of The Grunge ...scary.
Snowfall. Love this series, I believe it’s the final season so all the storylines will get wrapped up.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Getting through the huge backlog of shows I have to watch and I have to say that season 2 of Fleabag might have been the best written and executed show I've seen in a long while.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Just watched the first episode of the new season of The Terror. Highly, highly recommend this one. Looks like a good story to go with the creep factor. Was impressed with the start of it.