Post National Media Coverage Here

Very interesting read, basically Coach is unleashing Fox a bit more minutes wise for this last stretch.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/k...-deaaron-fox-more-20-games-left-playoff-chase

"Point guard De’Aaron Fox is averaging 31.6 minutes per game this season, but there is a good chance that is about to increase. With a playoff spot on the line — and the Kings (31-31) are three games out of the final berth — Joerger is ready to unleash his speedy guard and allow him the opportunity to play major minutes down the stretch"

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Very interesting read, basically Coach is unleashing Fox a bit more minutes wise for this last stretch.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/k...-deaaron-fox-more-20-games-left-playoff-chase

"Point guard De’Aaron Fox is averaging 31.6 minutes per game this season, but there is a good chance that is about to increase. With a playoff spot on the line — and the Kings (31-31) are three games out of the final berth — Joerger is ready to unleash his speedy guard and allow him the opportunity to play major minutes down the stretch"
Good to hear - and another reason I'm so glad Joerger is our coach. By pacing Fox for the first "half" of the season, Joerger allowed him to learn and grow and not be overplayed. Fox has plenty of reserve left in the tank.

Glad he's primed for the end of season, going into all star break he was quoted as saying he wanted to get his all star weekend commitents over so he could rest up and catch up on sleep.

He is ready. I just hope he regains faith in his 3 and isn't hesitant as he has been of late. It makes him unguardable and adds further depth to our offense when he is hitting it from deep.

With Bagley out and Bogi inconsistent, we will go as far as Fox takes us

Amik had an Athletic Q&A today. 3 Kings related questions he ansered

1.) Will Joerger sign long term this summer.? He gave 65/35 for, said lots of discussion to be had in off season.

2.) Is Vucevic a target? He said yes, thinks it will require the max, so not sure if feasible.

3.) What tier free agents will we attract? Said it will be better, thought Bojan Bogdanovich is a possibility, liked the idea of Gary Gerould having to call them both out.

This confirmed my suspicion all along that the Kings worried about a Fox-Doncic backcourt fit. I argued that having both players on the team could limit one of the players from reaching their ultimate potential.
"I like Luka," Kings GM Divac says, "but we didn't want to overload with players who -- maybe they don't have the exact same characteristics, but if you want to develop the guys you have, you have to make sure they have room to develop."
A lot here tried to argue that teams need multiple ball handlers, but it's evident that the Kings disagreed with that. Seems like NBA teams knew the Kings had a dilemma with the Knicks trying to Fox for Porzingis.

However, I don't think De'Aaron showed nearly enough in his rookie year to be considered our franchise player. I also didn't think we should've drafted with consideration of how that player would fit alongside Fox. Jury is still out on that take, but Fox has improved a lot in his 2nd year to show that he is good enough for the talks of being a franchise player.

This seemed like it was always a Doncic vs. Fox debate before it was a Doncic vs. Bagley debate. I guess we'll see who the winner is in a few years.

Another interesting thing being talked in that article is about our "core". Youth determines it... so it's not really surprising that he leaves Buddy out of that conversation. The timelines of Buddy, Bogdan, and Barnes are different from that of Fox, Bagley, and Giles, but we've seen rapid improvements from that later 3 and nothing to suggest that their development will come to a halt soon.

Another interesting thing being talked in that article is about our "core". Youth determines it... so it's not really surprising that he leaves Buddy out of that conversation. The timelines of Buddy, Bogdan, and Barnes are different from that of Fox, Bagley, and Giles, but we've seen rapid improvements from that later 3 and nothing to suggest that their development will come to a halt soon.
Your last point is important. I’d be more concerned that our younger players might not be ready to compete by the time the guys in/closest to their prime (Buddy, Bogdan, Barnes), if we hadn’t already seen that this team is competitive with the youngest guys playing significant roles.

I read it on reddit if it's the Jason Jones article.

I don't think there are any legit questions there, but I am starting to worry that the seeds are being set for a dismissal because what I'm really seeing is a lot of rationalizing for moving on. It's either that or just reporters stirring up drama for clicks.

I don't think there are any legit questions there, but I am starting to worry that the seeds are being set for a dismissal because what I'm really seeing is a lot of rationalizing for moving on. It's either that or just reporters stirring up drama for clicks.
True.

I hope nothing is brewing but it could very well be.

Sacbee, Jason Anderson is bringing it up also:

Finally, the fall drama between coach Dave Joerger and assistant general manager Brandon Williams could become an action blockbuster this summer.

And in case the plot needs thickening, I can report some of Joerger’s assistant coaches have not accepted the one-year contract extensions the organization offered them in January.

True.

I hope nothing is brewing but it could very well be.

Sacbee, Jason Anderson is bringing it up also:

Finally, the fall drama between coach Dave Joerger and assistant general manager Brandon Williams could become an action blockbuster this summer.

And in case the plot needs thickening, I can report some of Joerger’s assistant coaches have not accepted the one-year contract extensions the organization offered them in January.
I found this one from Anderson.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article228770634.html

This here adds some fuel to the possible fire.

What are the holdouts among Joerger’s assistant coaches waiting for? They’ve all been offered one-year extensions to align their contracts with those of Divac and Joerger, but maybe they don’t want to commit to an organization that isn’t making more of a commitment to them.

A league source told The Bee some of them haven’t agreed to come back yet. Divac confirmed that.

“Just a few of them,” he said.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article228770634.html#storylink=cpy

Well the question of whether Dave can get along with the front office is there. We know about the Williams part. The article hints at more.

This summer is going to be big, drama derails and i hope that isnt where we are headed.

It is clear the coaching staff have leverage. Dave with the Minny opening and some of his assistants through not signing extensions.

Discussions will be had no doubt.