[Game] Kings vs Bucks 2/27- 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
isn't this the third injury Marvin was suffered this season? I can't remember the first one, the second one was lower back, which shelved him for 12 games or so. tomorrow will tell us how much the gods hate us.
Second one was a bone bruise in the knee. Was able to walk off the court with that one.

I’m legit fearing the worst... those dreaded three letters you never want to hear.

Jimmy G’d.

One of those nights really wish there was a moral victories call him in the standings but there's not. On the other hand the guys can come out of this five-game stretch heads held high and looking a whole lot better against some easier pickin's.

All other close games, i was disappointed. But this one? I am actually fine because we gave it our best and didn't commit too many stupid mistakes. Bucks had to earned it!! I am just worry about Bagley's health. Hopefully it's not too serious.

The last play before OT, I thought maybe De'Aaron should have done a pick n roll to get a weaker guy on him before attacking? Most of these smart elite teams, they did that A LOT to exploit their opponents. I know Golden States did it with KD and Harden did the hell of it by simply doing a simple pick n roll and then get a weaker guy to guard him. De'Aaron Fox didn't even bother to do that. I mean in this type of situation, you got to be a bit smart in your game plan if you want to win...little things do count. And also i thought he should back out right at the midcourt in order for him to generate the speed to attack...there is nobody that can guard him once he's full speed ahead.

Last edited:
Here, I’ll even it out.

There is no moral victory. This was a loss. An expected loss. So whatever. That is what it is.

But we also potentially lost our franchise piece for an extended period of time. The year? Longer?

Hate to imagine if it’s the worst when his number one calling card is his second jump and athleticism, but it’s the becursed Kings so we all know what the GD news is going to tell us tomorrow.

The NBA gods hate us.

This is also true.

We shall see... I have not been a fan of how Joeger has used Giles or Beli. Everyone was ready to turn off the TV and Giles led a comeback.

I think Giles and Bogi have a chemistry that might flourish.

Because human beings are by nature cruel and quick to anger.
Tight playoff race. Losing games to the best teams in the business by 1 and 2 points in the last week.

Moral victories aren't going to get this team into the playoffs. Moral victories might make some people feel good about next year but right now I don't care about next year. I care about seeing this team make the playoffs for the first time in over a decade.

I fear I might hurt my eyes from rolling them too much if I read another "moral victory" post. Please, for me.
I’m fine with moral victories but typically ones that don’t feature game winners that aren’t taken and that terrible pass by Willie...or where an overtime happened where the other teams best player was only brought in for rebounding purposes in the final seconds. Our moral victories leave so much nagging moments. A preferable moral victory where I just tip the cap is where the Kings simply just missed some shots...which they also did

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Really, the stupidest thing to happen in the whole game was Harry singlehandedly changing the momentum of the game/absorbing Bagley's competitive spirit and turning into a freaking weapon of mass destruction then getting pulled out of the game midway through the fourth quarter and never seeing the floor again.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
A "moral victory" is putting a lot of lipstick on this pig of a game. If this Bagley injury is serious, the rest of this season is done.

I'd like to to know who was supposed to call out the screen. It looked like Hield from what I could tell and I didn't see a peep coming out of his mouth to call out the screen. The whole thing outrages me. Having your 6'11" guy pressing in the backcourt as a rookie is a freaking disaster waiting to happen, which may in fact be just that - a freaking disaster.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Buddy, it’s 2019, people come back from ACL’s. Let’s jope it’s not that bad.
You'd think a fan of a team featuring medical marvel Harry Giles would appreciate that.

ACLs are still serious things and I will be pissed if that's what happened to Marvin but they aren't career enders anymore and if we've learned any thing about Marvin in his season with us it's that he's a goddamn fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.