[Game] Kings v. Suns - Sunday, 2/10 - 3PT/6ET

By the way, anybody feel that De'Aarron Fox is better off not wearing the headband? I think he looks better without the headband. Phoenix Suns' commentators are making fun of it calling him the Karate kid now lol. Without the headband, he looks like Michael Jackson with the strings of hair in front. With the headband, now he looks like a karate or samurai kid lol.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of the look. Don’t know why he suddenly started wearing it several games back. But I’m sure he has a reason. If he plays well wearing it, IDC.

Anyone notice that Miami (you know, that team we were supposed to beat easily) went into Oakland and barely lost to the Warriors? (118-120)
I did watch that game. Miami should have won it. They had a defensive breakdown after taking a 3 point lead by then couldn’t secure a rebound to give them what would have been the last shot in a tie game.

It was cool to see Boogie make the clutch FT’s to win it though.

My favorite part of the night may have been Jerry giving a legit biology lesson to Grant about Flying Foxes. Dude's clearly been studying up on his Discovery channel nature shows during his semi retirement.

J: "The Flying FOX with the steal!"
G: "Flying Fox... I like that one Jerry, did you just come up with that?"
J: "I did. But there really are Flying Foxes, you know."
G: "Is that so?"
J: "Well, yes, they're not actually foxes, but they do fly short distances."
G: "Huh, I didn't know that"
J: "Oh yes, I saw it on the Discovery Channel"

There was more JerryGold in this homestand than we've gotten in a long time. You could tell he'd been saving it up!

Anyone notice that Miami (you know, that team we were supposed to beat easily) went into Oakland and barely lost to the Warriors? (118-120)
I forgot to add that I took the following screen capture during the Heat-GSW game. It dates back 4+ seasons, and while the KINGS haven’t been good for most that time — I still thought it was pretty cool to see them #1 in the category. It's not topical to the KINGS win tonight, but I still thought I'd post it in this thread. ;)

IMG_1059.JPG

Jerry R knows what he is looking at. He is right about Bagley running the floor, his quickness and fluid moves. Very unusual to see a rookie dominate a game like that especially playing against the No 1 pick and his former team mate. Bagley's rate of improvement is what strikes me over and over again. He has quickly figured out how to become a great foul shooter. He is extending his range. He is playing better defense all the time. He is a rebounding machine. The Kings got this pick right.

Barnes is already making a difference. Yogi is playing great. Fox is becoming consistent, speed kills. Buddy shows up every night. Bagley should be starting soon. I like Willie best when he scores less, but gets more rebounds. What is going on late in games? He starts blocking shots like others have mentioned before. It is like he only plays hard at the end.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Harry Giles missed a huge assignment in the game today. A simple pick and roll and he didn't even rotate and guard the Suns' player letting him go straight to the hoop for a wide open layup. This play got the Kings' coach pissed i think and took him out and i think that's one reason why he didn't get much minutes tonight.

By the way, anybody feel that De'Aarron Fox is better off not wearing the headband? I think he looks better without the headband. Phoenix Suns' commentators are making fun of it calling him the Karate kid now lol. Without the headband, he looks like Michael Jackson with the strings of hair in front. With the headband, now he looks like a karate or samurai kid lol.
It's funny you mentioned it. I never even bother to think much about headbands and such, but I just love the headband. My wife also. Somehow it fits. Makes him look like a ninja warrior flying down the court and the color fits in nicely with the uniform. Also, he's soo fast going down the court the "tail" of the headband streams behind him like the afterburner of a jet fighter. As Fox continues his ascension I bet you'll see a lot of Kings' fans wearing them at the game.

It's funny you mentioned it. I never even bother to think much about headbands and such, but I just love the headband. My wife also. Somehow it fits. Makes him look like a ninja warrior flying down the court and the color fits in nicely with the uniform. Also, he's soo fast going down the court the "tail" of the headband streams behind him like the afterburner of a jet fighter. As Fox continues his ascension I bet you'll see a lot of Kings' fans wearing them at the game.
Chiming in on headband... I absolutely love it even though I've never cared one way or another about any other player's headband. It's unique and fits his play style perfectly. He's a 100% unique player and that headband is as unique as he his. I hope he wears it for the rest of his career. It will soon become his trademark look if he keeps wearing it.

Giving the haters a reason to talk makes it sweeter when you shut them up.

Chiming in on headband... I absolutely love it even though I've never cared one way or another about any other player's headband. It's unique and fits his play style perfectly. He's a 100% unique player and that headband is as unique as he his. I hope he wears it for the rest of his career. It will soon become his trademark look if he keeps wearing it.

Giving the haters a reason to talk makes it sweeter when you shut them up.
I think it may be a matter of time before the NBA comes down on Fox's new headband being a violation of the NBA dress code.

Until then though, rock on!!! ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Harry Giles missed a huge assignment in the game today. A simple pick and roll and he didn't even rotate and guard the Suns' player letting him go straight to the hoop for a wide open layup. This play got the Kings' coach pissed i think and took him out and i think that's one reason why he didn't get much minutes tonight.

The Karate Kid won against unbelievable odds.

Joerger is a very good coach who needs extending though...

There are no better coaches on the horizon, and he will be pursued if he makes it to the end of the contract

I give him a wide recognition for the team’s turnaround
The way we are operating, i expect this to be quietly taken care of any moment or sured up in the summer if Williams is a factor in discussions.

We dont need to open that can of worms right now if thats where its heading.