Luka Doncic (the 'LET'S RE-LITIGATE THE PICK UNTO PERPETUITY~!' thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf are you talking about. Considering the kings are winning and have a winning record, that's plenty quality
I'm talking about basketball.
I don't give a **** about 20+10 games, Bagley can provide quality even playing 20' per game.
I care to see quality basketball from him, on the other hand I don't care about see him filling up a boxscore.
Simple examples, check out MBIII highlights from last night...
Jackson misses the three pointer, offensive rebound by Bagley (not impressive, just lucky) and then... bang, straight to JJ again for the layup. That's what I wanna see! Great play!
If JJ misses the layup it wouldn't even be an assist.... and I don't care, that's great basketball.
Then, next highlight.
Bagley demands the ball, 15 ****ing seconds on the clock, iso ball... No one under the basket to get the rebound, he shoots! That's really poor basketball!
I don't care if he made the shot, that's what I don't wanna see. I'm sure Joerger and every coach on this planet feel the same.
Then, next highlight.
As soon as he realizes Giles is going for the block, he covers the passing lane. Awesome! Well done!
I'm not a hater, I just don't get excited by numbers. I'd rather see smart plays.
I'm sure that's the reason why Bjelica is still starting... Simple as that.

I'm talking about basketball.
I don't give a **** about 20+10 games, Bagley can provide quality even playing 20' per game.
I care to see quality basketball from him, on the other hand I don't care about see him filling up a boxscore.
Simple examples, check out MBIII highlights from last night...
Jackson misses the three pointer, offensive rebound by Bagley (not impressive, just lucky) and then... bang, straight to JJ again for the layup. That's what I wanna see! Great play!
If JJ misses the layup it wouldn't even be an assist.... and I don't care, that's great basketball.
Then, next highlight.
Bagley demands the ball, 15 ****ing seconds on the clock, iso ball... No one under the basket to get the rebound, he shoots! That's really poor basketball!
I don't care if he made the shot, that's what I don't wanna see. I'm sure Joerger and every coach on this planet feel the same.
Then, next highlight.
As soon as he realizes Giles is going for the block, he covers the passing lane. Awesome! Well done!
I'm not a hater, I just don't get excited by numbers. I'd rather see smart plays.
I'm sure that's the reason why Bjelica is still starting... Simple as that.
You bring up some legit issues with Bagley. He played for his dad's AAU team and took 4 times as many shots as the next kid. They went 2-14. He needs the Joerger slow-burn treatment that Fox got. He'll be ok in the end because his athletic gifts are special. He shows what he can do regularly, but he also flashes back to coach's son. At some point he gets sat down and a talking to and it either clicks or it doesn't. It does help a lot that the team is winning or at least swimming at the .500 line so he can't make the case him being held back is holding the team back. But it's a bummer to see a kid who was excited to be here does have some bad forces in play. I'm sure it will get sorted though.

You won MVP last year in the Rising Stars game, do you think you can pull it off again?

I never chase stats, I will never do that in my life. I always believe you have to go there and have fun and just do what you like to do, and try to make other players happy to feel they like to play with you. Not trying to be selfish and try to chase that. That’s my mindset...

My man Bogie

You won MVP last year in the Rising Stars game, do you think you can pull it off again?

I never chase stats, I will never do that in my life. I always believe you have to go there and have fun and just do what you like to do, and try to make other players happy to feel they like to play with you. Not trying to be selfish and try to chase that. That’s my mindset...

My man Bogie
Though I'm sure he was having fun I'm not sure some of the 3s he took in last year's game qualify as not chasing stats :p

While it certainly still looks a mistake to pass on Luka, I’m becoming more comfortable with Marvin progress. I’ve enjoyed the maturation of late. I still think it’s possible for him to end up one of the best players of the draft at the 2 pick, and I’m more comfortable he will be than a month or two back

It's playing out like I thought it would. The nba draft is always a dice roll, but as I explained before the draft the most valuable player you can have on the court is a guy who is both an elite shot creator for himself and for others. Luka demonstrated he was both in Europe. It wasn't a guarantee that he would be able to do it at the nba level, but given his success at such a young age at such a high level of competition and given his skill set the most probable outcome was that he was the gem of the draft.

I'm seeing Lonzo ball being brought up. He is a good passer for sure, but he is so bad at creating shots for himself with his dribble that it tanks his offensive value. He generates next to no freethrows for himself and 43 %(very high for a point guard) of his of his 2 point field goals are actually assisted on his very low scoring volume.

It's playing out like I thought it would. The nba draft is always a dice roll, but as I explained before the draft the most valuable player you can have on the court is a guy who is both an elite shot creator for himself and for others. Luka demonstrated he was both in Europe. It wasn't a guarantee that he would be able to do it at the nba level, but given his success at such a young age at such a high level of competition and given his skill set the most probable outcome was that he was the gem of the draft.

I'm seeing Lonzo ball being brought up. He is a good passer for sure, but he is so bad at creating shots for himself with his dribble that it tanks his offensive value. He generates next to no freethrows for himself and 43 %(very high for a point guard) of his of his 2 point field goals are actually assisted on his very low scoring volume.
I think the most valuable player is who can create the greatest sum of points created plus opposing points prevented. Luka will be able to create points Bagley can't, and Bagley will be able to create points Luka can't. They both have great touches and will be able to create their own shots in their own way. On top of that, both could even have irreplaceable skill sets on offense. Luka's savvy shots and passing, and Bagley's rebounding which I think will be second to none. Perhaps Luka's savviness will prove more valuable than Bagley's athleticism on the offensive end, but Bagley's rebounding will carry over to the defensive end of the court too. I also think Bagley will be the better defender throughout their careers. Bagley will catch up sooner than later.

I for one and happy with how the draft went. I look forward to the new era of Sacramento versus Dallas Western Conference Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.