[Game] Kings v. Clippers - Thursday, Nov. 29 - 7:30 PT (TNT coverage)

I’m pretty convinced the bad is back. :(

It was fun while it lasted.

Every team goes through stretches and the other end of it is this is still a young team that's decided to go even a bit younger with it's rotation. Teams are starting to wait for the Kings to go away from what works and run it back down their throat. Hopefully the off court stuff isn't mucking it up but this is where Dave Joerger can get these players back on track and it starts with knowing which horses to ride and letting them run free. It's a good time for Dave to show the office how it's done.

Buddy will light it up next game.

My concern is the in consistency of the looks he's been getting. In the games he's struggled they've seemed to go away from him and as they move away from pick and roll after these "days off" (practice?) and into more off the ball stuff it seems like plays go by where he doesn't get a single look. Uh, note to the Kings, he's this teams best shot maker. If you see a game where your best shot maker is taking 10 shots you're doing it wrong.

Dead serious. Look at wolves, playing much better that they put the butler drama behind them
You’re comparing a player that is in the floor to a guy I bet the players don’t even see. Stop it man. It’s really not even that serious big deal he leaked a story that’s not even attacking a player. If that affects the players than it’s time to clean house cause there weak minded

My concern is the in consistency of the looks he's been getting. In the games he's struggled they've seemed to go away from him and as they move away from pick and roll after these "days off" (practice?) and into more off the ball stuff it seems like plays go by where he doesn't get a single look. Uh, note to the Kings, he's this teams best shot maker. If you see a game where your best shot maker is taking 10 shots you're doing it wrong.
Obviously the other teams have adjusted to the Kings playbook and are making it harder on us. The Kings themselves are not helping as you point out. Joerger's move.

What did you tell us?
Just the same sentiment that’s been repeated over and over. Willie is probably the worst starting big man in the league when it comes to finishing around the rim. Everytime he is anywhere close to the basket he either trips over his own feet or misses a dunk, it never fails. Anyone who doesn’t see this happen atleast once or twice a game from him is simply not paying any sort of attention

Just the same sentiment that’s been repeated over and over. Willie is probably the worst starting big man in the league when it comes to finishing around the rim. Everytime he is anywhere close to the basket he either trips over his own feet or misses a dunk, it never fails. Anyone who doesn’t see this happen atleast once or twice a game from him is simply not paying any sort of attention
If only we could have Z-BO's touch and footwork with Willie's length and athleticism. Sigh!

Wish fox would be more aggressive. He sprints up the court and then just dumps off the ball immediately so much. Would be so nice to see him just take it to the rim and try and finish or draw a foul. Wouldn’t even mind if he gets blocked or misses, at least he would be forcing the issue. He’s too good to be as passive as he gets.

So much for second night of back-to-back. Clips smashed Phoenix 24 hours ago by 16 and now blow past Kings tonight. A VERY well rested Sac team. Biggest BS in NBA is constant back-to-back WEAK excuse.
So you've chosen this one win by the Clips to debunk?

Instead of cherry-picking, how about do some real research on back-to-back games over the history of the game and see what you discover.

Wish fox would be more aggressive. He sprints up the court and then just dumps off the ball immediately so much. Would be so nice to see him just take it to the rim and try and finish or draw a foul. Wouldn’t even mind if he gets blocked or misses, at least he would be forcing the issue. He’s too good to be as passive as he gets.
This is why we've lost the last 3 games imo. Either teams figured him out or he's in a Fox funk.

Two reasons for me losing this game
Bad night for my favorite player Buddy (30min, 10 pts)
Bagley miss 4 quarter
The KINGS have just been playing poorly the past few games. The Clippers have been playing well. Tonight's outcome isn't surprising given the recent play of both teams. Peaks and valleys.

People can jump on the Clippers bandwagon if they want, but they'll come back to earth (and some other teams will get out of their funk). Not long ago Memphis was #1 in the West, now they're 6th. Like a lot of teams in the NBA, the Clips have some nice players. But they're vastly overachieving. The KINGS were doing the same early in the season. Let's see where things stand in another 20 games.

Anybody heard anything on MBIII? I sure hope he's ok.

This is why we've lost the last 3 games imo. Either teams figured him out or he's in a Fox funk.
I think it’s the latter. Fox is so fast and athletic that even if teams figured him out there still wouldn’t be much they could do. He just seems So much less aggressive than he did at the beginning of the season. He deferring more, settling for mid range shots more, and isn’t going hard in the paint as much. I know fox is a nice guy, but he needs to unleash some nasty.

Instead of cherry-picking, how about do some real research on back-to-back games over the history of the game and see what you discover.
Well it’s a poor excuse and the fact Kings aren’t a good/top team yet. They over achieved the beginning of the season and are coming back to earth now. B2b excuse is mainly used by teams that aren’t good. I know it’s still a small sample size but a quick look at b2b at the teams that played today in the month of November. Gsw 2-0. Tor 3-0. Indy 3-0. Lakers 2-1. Clips 2-1. Kings 0-3. On avg, I bet good teams win whether it’s b2b or not and bad teams lose

I think it’s the latter. Fox is so fast and athletic that even if teams figured him out there still wouldn’t be much they could do. He just seems So much less aggressive than he did at the beginning of the season. He deferring more, settling for mid range shots more, and isn’t going hard in the paint as much. I know fox is a nice guy, but he needs to unleash some nasty.
It coincides with the return of Bogi. Noticed this about Fox that he’s at his best when he is the primary ball handler.

Since you are so interested why don't you do the research and present facts to back up whatever you are trying to say. "History of the game" is very
long time and virtually worthless since today teams fly on customized, luxury team aircraft not commercial flight like before or even further back long distance bus rides when NBA had as few as 8 franchises not 30 like it does today.

He’s been so much better at it this season up until the last 3 games, and that’s what’s irritating. He got me thinking he had turned the corner: these last 3 games are why I essentially wrote him off after last season. So inconsistent and will want big money.

Since you are so interested why don't you do the research and present facts to back up whatever you are trying to say. "History of the game" is very
long time and virtually worthless since today teams fly on customized, luxury team aircraft not commercial flight like before or even further back long distance bus rides when NBA had as few as 8 franchises not 30 like it does today.
I'm not the one claiming that a well-known truth is bogus and BS. You said it, not me.

You're wrong so I suggested doing some research so you'd discover it for yourself. You don't have to go back that far in history. But you certainly have to look at a much larger sample size than one freaking game and not cherry pick the best teams in the league.

On average, teams playing on back-to-backs don't perform as well (or as consistently) as with a day or two of rest. Claiming that notion is BS because the Clippers managed to win one tonight is silly.

You'll also discover that young teams like our KINGS fare even worse on back-to-backs than veteran teams such as the San Antonio squads of the past decade.

I enjoyed the game despite the loss. The current version of the Clippers are a good team with no major league jerks -- you tip your cap and get ready for the next one.

There were 2 kids from Serbia with their dads in the next section over from me (they were near the back of 118). They were wearing national team jerseys and had flags and also signs about coming from Serbia to see the game. Needless to say, Bogdan gave them several opportunities to go nuts. A really fun Kings moment.

Well it’s a poor excuse
What's a poor excuse? The KINGS didn't play a back-to-back tonight, so I made no excuse. I simply said they haven't been playing well lately and the Clips have. Peaks and valleys happen over 82 games.

But speaking on the topic, the KINGS aren't usually good on back-to-backs. That's not an excuse, it's the truth. For the most part, sub .500 teams generally struggle when playing back-to-back. Add 'young team' to the mix and it's even worse. While teams over .500 fare much better, there still is a noticeable dip in their performance and winning percentage. This isn't new information. It has been and continues to be the norm. It's one of the reasons the NBA has tried to cut down on the number of B2B's.

Give me a break with the 'poor excuse' crap.

and the fact Kings aren’t a good/top team yet.
Never claimed they were a good/top team.

They over achieved the beginning of the season and are coming back to earth now.
I said the same thing.

B2b excuse is mainly used by teams that aren’t good. I know it’s still a small sample size but a quick look at b2b at the teams that played today in the month of November. Gsw 2-0. Tor 3-0. Indy 3-0. Lakers 2-1. Clips 2-1. Kings 0-3. On avg, I bet good teams win whether it’s b2b or not and bad teams lose
It's not an excuse. It's reality. I really don't understand how you and the other guy are contesting something that is universally well-known.

Yes, good teams win on B2B's more than bad teams. That's not rocket science. Good teams also win more home and road games. (DUH!) But most every team sees a decline in play and win % in B2B situations when you average it out.

A juggernaut like the Warriors probably have excellent B2B numbers since they don't lose all that often regardless of where or when the game is played. But w/o looking it up, I'll bet if you look at their win% on B2B's over the past 4-5 years, it's lower than when they have rest. That's the point. Surely elite teams handle it better than mid-tier or sub .500 teams. I don't believe anybody would argue that point.

It's quite humorous to me that we're going down this rabbit hole simply because one dude declared B2B situations bogus because the Clippers beat the KINGS tonight.

Good. Great. Wonderful. Grand.

Last edited:
I agree with somebody mentioned a few posts earlier.... Fox is at his best playing as a primary ball handler... Maybe Bogi should be our 6th man