Post National Media Coverage Here

Looks like the Spurs Coach Pop is liking what he sees with Vlade's drastically new look and impressive new culture of the Kings and our future outlook! :eek:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/spurs-coach-gregg-popovich-praises-070927945.html

P.S. I think WCS is directing some pointed comments towards DMC in post game interview about our culture in the past.
Boom this is what I'm talkin bout. Views from the other side quite welcome, thank you.

Phenomenal comments from Coach Pop.

Last edited:
P.S. I think WCS is directing some pointed comments towards DMC in post game interview about our culture in the past.
Ironic given he stands to inherit the cash that would have been DMC's. A product of him finally getting to where he needs to be and the modern day NBA's need for athletic bigs

Last edited:
its nice when people say nice things but end of the day who cares

Ironic given he stands to inherit the cash that would have been DMC's. A product of him finally getting to where he needs to be and the modern day NBA's need for athletic bigs
I think WCS being the elder statesman on the Kings, he is the only player that has been through all the changes over the last 4 years.

So, if anyone has a perspective from what the locker room was like 3 or 4 years ago to now, he would be the one to know.

I also think this is the new culture that Vlade was trying to instill when he flipped the roster upside down 2 years ago. No one saw the changes producing such positive results so quickly, but there is no denying that the culture has definitely changed for the better.

I think WCS being the elder statesman on the Kings, he is the only player that has been through all the changes over the last 4 years.

So, if anyone has a perspective from what the locker room was like 3 or 4 years ago to now, he would be the one to know.

I also think this is the new culture that Vlade was trying to instill when he flipped the roster upside down 2 years ago. No one saw the changes producing such positive results so quickly, but there is no denying that the culture has definitely changed for the better.
He certainly has the longevity of tenure to hold that title. Knowing WCS and his nonchalant ways of previous years though i cant help but laugh when he talks about things like culture etc.

The culture change has been very positive and its great to see the team come together. Props to Vlade. I've given him hell for trading cousins due to 'culture' but he is achieving his blueprint.

My brother is close to some of those at the bee and in conversations he has had with them Re the state of the team, privately they credit our new found swagger to the extremely close team culture and the advancements made here, a night and day difference between years past and now.

He certainly has the longevity of tenure to hold that title. Knowing WCS and his nonchalant ways of previous years though i cant help but laugh when he talks about things like culture etc.

The culture change has been very positive and its great to see the team come together. Props to Vlade. I've given him hell for trading cousins due to 'culture' but he is achieving his blueprint.

My brother is close to some of those at the bee and in conversations he has had with them Re the state of the team, privately they credit our new found swagger to the extremely close team culture and the advancements made here, a night and day difference between years past and now.
I think Willie thrives in the big brother role. He may be a tad young to do it, but we need it and it's working so go with it. Some get better with more responsibility.

We're in the Ringer's teams to watch again this week.

While I can appreciate the screw the media approach many of us have, it's important from the standpoint of attractive free agents and player retention that the media narrative on the team is a positive. It may also keep our owner from making any rash moves, though I think he learned his lesson after the whole Mike Malone fiasco.

Ya think? I think so, too. In fact, it's not hard to imagine that he was thinking "Demarcus and Rudy" when he mentioned two players that needed to get their numbers. I liked both of them. But I'm so glad we hit the reset button.

Ya think? I think so, too. In fact, it's not hard to imagine that he was thinking "Demarcus and Rudy" when he mentioned two players that needed to get their numbers. I liked both of them. But I'm so glad we hit the reset button.
Yeah, probably DMC and Rudy. They were the only 2 players scoring anything worthwhile 3-4 years ago! :rolleyes:

We're in the Ringer's teams to watch again this week.

While I can appreciate the screw the media approach many of us have, it's important from the standpoint of attractive free agents and player retention that the media narrative on the team is a positive. It may also keep our owner from making any rash moves, though I think he learned his lesson after the whole Mike Malone fiasco.
Indeed we are:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/11/14/18094887/nba-most-interesting-teams-week-5

Looks like the Spurs Coach Pop is liking what he sees with Vlade's drastically new look and impressive new culture of the Kings and our future outlook! :eek:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/spurs-coach-gregg-popovich-praises-070927945.html

Willie: "I've been here for four years, and this is the first time that everybody is on one page, that everybody likes playing with each other and everybody like really cares if you do well...Now it's like, we're playing for everybody else to play good. We're helping each other to play good. It's more fun that way."

I love these comments, and hope WCS stays with us a long time. I also love it that he's our "grizzled veteran"!

Willie: "I've been here for four years, and this is the first time that everybody is on one page, that everybody likes playing with each other and everybody like really cares if you do well...Now it's like, we're playing for everybody else to play good. We're helping each other to play good. It's more fun that way."

I love these comments, and hope WCS stays with us a long time. I also love it that he's our "grizzled veteran"!
Willie does very good in the role of Chief Vibe Officer.

I would guess rondo with rebounds and assist hunting
We can play devils advocate here. Rudy and Rondo for sure for me. Cousins just wanted to win, the offense was built around him so why chase stats and focus on the numbers ?

I dont think 'stat chasing' (or the perception of) and Cousins was ever used in a single sentence during his time here by anyone on this board. Now he's gone any negative connotation from yesteryear is linked to him.

Logan Murdock @loganmmurdock
Your friendly reminder that the Warriors have Portland and a sneaky good Kings team coming to Oracle this weekend. This could get bad.

Steve Luhm @sluhm
These are not the Sacramento Kings of recent years. They have playmakers. They have toughness. Jazz fans might not agree, but I didn't think Utah played horribly.

TJ McBride @TJMcBrideNBA
De’Aaron Fox is everything I hoped he would be so far this year. He’s been a blur.

Marc J. Spears@MarcJSpearsESPN
Vlade Divac’s young Kings won their 10th game of the season with a win at Utah tonight. The Kings won their 10th game last season on Dec. 19. pic.twitter.com/0UieyYb8us

Kevin O'Connor@KevinOConnorNBA
Kings-Jazz was awesome. Bogdan Bogdanovic has become a spark plug in the NBA just like he was overseas. De'Aaron Fox keeps having more special moments—his strengths are stronger, and weaknesses are improved. I could watch Fox vs. Donovan Mitchell for the next decade.

James Ham @James_HamNBCS
The Kings have been favored to win 1 game the entire season. They have 10 wins in the first 18. Jazz favored by 9 tonight and lost by 9 ****i know he's local****

Sam Amick @sam_amick
Man, good for these Kings. Keep grinding out wins and quieting the noise about the Kangz nonsense of late. Now 10-8 after beating Utah on the road theathletic.com/662849/

Andy Larsen @andyblarsen
Jazz lose to Kings 119-110. Mitchell tried to bring the Jazz back, and he finished with 35. But Jazz end up with a 124 DRtg, thanks to some bad defense in transition and after Kings ORebs.

Tony Jones @Tjonesonthenba
The Jazz fall to the Kings 119-110 and fall to 8-10 on the season. Was good to be home for 48 hours. Now, back to the road. LA and Sac up this weekend. Mitchell leads Utah with 35...the Kings put seven in double-figures. Fox, Bogey and WCS killed Utah tonight.

Logan Murdock @loganmmurdock
Your friendly reminder that the Warriors have Portland and a sneaky good Kings team coming to Oracle this weekend. This could get bad.

Steve Luhm @sluhm
These are not the Sacramento Kings of recent years. They have playmakers. They have toughness. Jazz fans might not agree, but I didn't think Utah played horribly.

TJ McBride @TJMcBrideNBA
De’Aaron Fox is everything I hoped he would be so far this year. He’s been a blur.

Marc J. Spears@MarcJSpearsESPN
Vlade Divac’s young Kings won their 10th game of the season with a win at Utah tonight. The Kings won their 10th game last season on Dec. 19. pic.twitter.com/0UieyYb8us

Kevin O'Connor@KevinOConnorNBA
Kings-Jazz was awesome. Bogdan Bogdanovic has become a spark plug in the NBA just like he was overseas. De'Aaron Fox keeps having more special moments—his strengths are stronger, and weaknesses are improved. I could watch Fox vs. Donovan Mitchell for the next decade.

James Ham @James_HamNBCS
The Kings have been favored to win 1 game the entire season. They have 10 wins in the first 18. Jazz favored by 9 tonight and lost by 9 ****i know he's local****

Sam Amick @sam_amick
Man, good for these Kings. Keep grinding out wins and quieting the noise about the Kangz nonsense of late. Now 10-8 after beating Utah on the road theathletic.com/662849/

Andy Larsen @andyblarsen
Jazz lose to Kings 119-110. Mitchell tried to bring the Jazz back, and he finished with 35. But Jazz end up with a 124 DRtg, thanks to some bad defense in transition and after Kings ORebs.

Tony Jones @Tjonesonthenba
The Jazz fall to the Kings 119-110 and fall to 8-10 on the season. Was good to be home for 48 hours. Now, back to the road. LA and Sac up this weekend. Mitchell leads Utah with 35...the Kings put seven in double-figures. Fox, Bogey and WCS killed Utah tonight.
Love this! Thanks for tracking it down!

While I appreciate you finding and posting this, I must say that this is fodder. He is very quick to make lite of the successes that the Kings have had, however when it comes to teams like the thunder and Jazz he is not so quick to count them out of the playoffs.
Sure. It is what it is. I don't know this guy from Jack. This is how people act when you've not been to the playoffs in 12 years. We gotta shake the label ourselves. Did have some interesting insight about us shooting MORE 3s.

Sure. It is what it is. I don't know this guy from Jack. This is how people act when you've not been to the playoffs in 12 years. We gotta shake the label ourselves. Did have some interesting insight about us shooting MORE 3s.
With Bogdan back and the much improved point guard play we have been.

In Oct we averaged 25 3 point shots a game at 40%

In the last 10 games we averaged 30.6 at 37.6%

In the last 5 games we averaged 31 at 39.4%

Back to Backs have been a challenge as we have averaged 25 attempts at 31%. This point does not bode well for the Utah game

With Bogdan back and the much improved point guard play we have been.

In Oct we averaged 25 3 point shots a game at 40%

In the last 10 games we averaged 30.6 at 37.6%

In the last 5 games we averaged 31 at 39.4%

Back to Backs have been a challenge as we have averaged 25 attempts at 31%. This point does not bode well for the Utah game
True but luckily we do have 2 days to rest now.