TV - What's your passion (NON-sports)?

I don't get Netflix or any of the other streaming services, so I miss some of the things I imagine I would probably like. My current Top 10, in no particular order, are:

The Walking Dead
Scorpion
Young Spencer
This is Us
Roseanne
The Good Doctor
Lethal Weapon
SEAL Team
MacGyver
Instinct

Unless you (meaning S£im) know something about Ari Stidham leaving the cast, I don't see Sylvester walking away but we'll see. I think they'll use it as the cliffhanger tease.
As of now my top 10 are...in no particular order

Silicon Valley
Big Bang Theory
WestWorld
Game of Thrones
Better Call Saul
Mindhunter
Ozark
Goliath
The Missing
Broadchurch

All or Nothing just missed the cut

As of now my top 10 are...in no particular order

Silicon Valley
Big Bang Theory
WestWorld
Game of Thrones
Better Call Saul
Mindhunter
Ozark
Goliath
The Missing
Broadchurch

All or Nothing just missed the cut
Can’t believe I left stranger things off here....but it still might fall just outside top 10

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hrm. Marvel's Cloak and Dagger definitely has my attention. I knew absolutely nothing about it when I recorded it but I'm finding it very enjoyable thus far - as opposed to watching that basketball game currently being broadcast on ABC. ;)

1528507166487.png

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Hrm. Marvel's Cloak and Dagger definitely has my attention. I knew absolutely nothing about it when I recorded it but I'm finding it very enjoyable thus far - as opposed to watching that basketball game currently being broadcast on ABC. ;)

View attachment 7649
I recorded it, haven't watched it yet. Have no idea what it is even really about. Just going to watch it for the heck of it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I recorded it, haven't watched it yet. Have no idea what it is even really about. Just going to watch it for the heck of it.
Okay, just finished watching the first two episodes, both of which seem to be building up to something...I'm hoping the third episode brings everything into focus.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Now four weeks in, and Cloak and Dagger is still in the set-up phase. I don't think I've ever seen this before in a TV series. I guess it's working, however, because I'm still tuning in.

I also caught the first episode of the 10 episode limited series Yellowstone. Kevin Costner is doing a pretty credible job in the starring role. A little bit Bonanza, a little bit Dallas, a little bit Dancing with Wolves even. Angie Harmon is back on the screen, for which I am eternally grateful. Looks like it's going to take a strong political turn but I hope that's not the only storyline going forward.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I'm hoping Cloak and Dagger gets to the point soon. I've seen 3 episodes and while it's OK, I'm hoping they get moving with a plot.

I stopped watching Legion for just that reason. I had, after the first season and a couple shows in the second, no idea what the heck was going on and the show wasn't leading anywhere. The idea was intriguing but I was bored with it. Get a move on if you want to keep viewers tuning in.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm hoping Cloak and Dagger gets to the point soon. I've seen 3 episodes and while it's OK, I'm hoping they get moving with a plot.

I stopped watching Legion for just that reason. I had, after the first season and a couple shows in the second, no idea what the heck was going on and the show wasn't leading anywhere. The idea was intriguing but I was bored with it. Get a move on if you want to keep viewers tuning in.
This week's episode gets a lot closer.

i've enjoyed chefs table (season 1-3 but not the pastry season), ugly delicious, and the crown (despite my reluctance) on netflix. prob atlanta is the current show i enjoy most.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just started Yellowstone last night....excellent pilot. I’m a big fan of Taylor Sheridan’s work
Everything about that show was excellent - including photography. I wish it wasn't a limited series. It has tons of potential. Of course, Kevin Costner probably wouldn't have done it had it been regular episodic TV.

Have not gotten into to many new shows lately but in the evening I will try to find a movie to watch or a explorer, science type show.
But the last couple of months I watch old reruns of tv shows.
So the weeknights its WKRP in Cincinnati at 9:30pm followed by back to back episodes of Hogans heroes starting at 10.

After that a book till I get tired.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It appears as though Halston Sage will be starring in a new Netflix series, The Last Summer. While the producers of The Orville have yet to address her status on their show, it seems improbable that she will have much of a presence in Season 2, if she appears at all.

Everything about that show was excellent - including photography. I wish it wasn't a limited series. It has tons of potential. Of course, Kevin Costner probably wouldn't have done it had it been regular episodic TV.
All I can think about when I watch it is how much I would love to live in Wyoming (although I guess it could be Montana too lol). It’s breathtaking and just brings me a sense of ease

Last edited: