[Game] Kings @ Thunder - Monday, March 12 - 5 PT

Bogi has really hit the wall I figured would come. Has played a ton of basketball essentially non stop for a while. Glad it seems he will have his full summer off to come back ready for next season.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We must be watching a different league than because I feel like I see players cursing at each other, to refs and to themselves constantly. I mean we did just go through seven years of DeMarcus Cousins. I have no problem with some trash talk tbh.
From the NBA Rules:

Section V—Conduct
a. An official may assess a technical foul, without prior warning, at any time.
A technical foul(s) may be assessed to any player on the court or anyone seated on the bench for conduct which, in the opinion of an official, is detrimental to the game.
The technical foul must be charged to an individual.
A technical foul cannot be assessed for physical contact when the ball is alive.
EXCEPTION: Fighting fouls and/or taunting with physical contact.
b. A maximum of two technicals for unsportsmanlike acts may be assessed any player, coach or trainer. Any of these offenders may be ejected for committing only one unsportsmanlike act, and they must be ejected for committing two unsportsmanlike acts.
c. A technical foul called for (1) delay of game, (2) coaches box violations, (3) defensive 3-seconds, (4) having a team total of less or more than five players when the ball becomes alive, (5) a player hanging on the basket ring or backboard, (6) participation in the game when not on team’s active list, or (7) shattering the backboard or making the rim unplayable during the game (Comments On the Rules—G) is not considered an act of unsportsmanlike conduct.
d. A technical foul shall be assessed for unsportsmanlike tactics such as:
(1) Disrespectfully addressing an official
(2) Physically contacting an official
(3) Overt actions indicating resentment to a call
(4) Use of profanity
(5) A coach entering onto the court without permission of an official.
(6) A deliberately-thrown elbow or any attempted physical act with no contact involved
(7) Taunting
e. Cursing or blaspheming an official shall not be considered the only cause for imposing technical fouls. Running tirades, continuous criticism or griping may be sufficient cause to assess a technical. Excessive misconduct shall result in ejection from the game.

---------------------------------

My comment, somewhat light-hearted, was in regards to strict enforcement of that particular section of the rules.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, Bogs. Let's get something going. Of course, it's almost the end of the second quarter which means they have to go into the locker room and come back out for the dreaded third quarter. :p

To mentor the young kids and teach by example. This years course is mostly about how to shoot, and shoot, and shoot some more.
You dont pay $24 million for that. He is a complete liability on the floor defensively and if he isnt hitting shots he is basically the worst player in the league in terms of impact.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kayte with a bit of a understatement:

Let’s closely follow how Z-Bo handles Carmelo Anthony to start the 2nd half. Melo got the best of that matchup to start the game

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Also from Kayte:

Kosta has 6pts 10rbs. Been a big factor in this game. Joerger keeps him on the court after the foul. Hasn’t sent anyone to the table for him. Let’s see what happens after this timeout. 9:34 Kings trail Thunder 51-47

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'll have to rewind during the commercial, but did anyone else see Westbrook go to his knees after WCS appeared to have pushed him away? What caused that?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kayte:

That floater on the baseline by Justin Jackson gives him 13 points on 5-8 shooting to lead the Kings who trail 64-59 with 4:51 left in the 3Q

Aggressive JJ is good JJ. Think he needs to be looking for his offense more. He tries to be "the nice guy" and fit in, but it just leads him to disappearing when on the floor

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Russell Westbrook is definitely trying for an Academy Award at this point, which is kind of disappointing. When you're the league MVP, I wouldn't think you'd have to resort to bad acting to try and draw fouls.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm pretty impressed with how DeFox is doing out there tonight. In fact, I'm pretty happy with how the whole team is doing.