[Game] Kings vs. Cavaliers, 27 DEC 2017, 22:00 ET/19:00 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SIDE NOTE: Lots of time for interviews in the post-game. Lots of good questions. One question stood out:

Reporter (to Bogdan): So were you a little awestruck when you saw you were up against LeBron James?
Bogdan: Um, no. I may have had that the first time I played him but ...

Now, here's the question for "true Kings fans". ;) Name the reporter.

SIDE NOTE: Lots of time for interviews in the post-game. Lots of good questions. One question stood out:

Reporter (to Bogdan): So were you a little awestruck when you saw you were up against LeBron James?

Ayyy-lene

Ding!Ding!Ding! We have a winner.

Her slide into irrelevance is now complete.
I knew the answer the second I saw the question. I just couldn't muster up the inner strength needed to type her name.

Wow! What a game! This was probably the most fun game to watch in recent memory. So many things to talk about. So many people to talk about.

VC: I thought I was watching vintage Vince Carter highlights from his days up north in Toronto.
Bogie: He needs to bring the ball up the floor and run the offense on every single darn play he is in the game for. His basketball IQ is off the charts for a "rookie".
WCS: He was incredible tonight. Now, we can thank Bogie for a lot of this, as WCS was set up beautifully by Bogie for most of his buckets. But, I don't want Bogie to overshadow what an incredible job WCS did all night long.

A couple of plays that stick out...

The block
The Bogie to VC three to beat the buzzer
The VC behind the back pass which resulted in a loooooooooooong 3 for GT

I did not see the game but really like the 8 assist from Bogdan.
Probably my favorite King.
Mine too. He did make a couple turnovers into the middle of the floor, but his court vision/BBIQ is just great. Love him and he seems unconcerned about his stats.

Also, if WCS played kind of like this, most of the time, it would be awesome.

These two seem like good long-term pieces.

Aileen

Wow! What a game! This was probably the most fun game to watch in recent memory. So many things to talk about. So many people to talk about.

VC: I thought I was watching vintage Vince Carter highlights from his days up north in Toronto.
Bogie: He needs to bring the ball up the floor and run the offense on every single darn play he is in the game for. His basketball IQ is off the charts for a "rookie".
WCS: He was incredible tonight. Now, we can thank Bogie for a lot of this, as WCS was set up beautifully by Bogie for most of his buckets. But, I don't want Bogie to overshadow what an incredible job WCS did all night long.

A couple of plays that stick out...

The block
The Bogie to VC three to beat the buzzer
The VC behind the back pass which resulted in a loooooooooooong 3 for GT
That was the first and only time this year where the team reminded me of the Webber-pinnacled team. People always want to compare Euros to Peja as the measuring stick, but Bogdan is a different player with different strengths. Bogdan has the ability to be a high assist-man. This game is what I had in mind for Joerger to witness for quite some time. It bubbled up when they played a stronger opponent finally. Vince Carter's performance can also not be understated, it's like something clicked on in his head that'd been dormant or maybe he just threw caution to the wind --> "F being 40 and injuries be damned"

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Bogie/Willie chemistry is strong. When both are going, it's almost impossible to defend them on the pick-and-roll.

Leave it to the Kings to bring in three good rookie PGs (Bogdan/Fox/Mason) the same year that they drop a load of money on a good one on the open market (Hill)

40-year-old Vince Carter has aged more gracefully than 36-year-old D-Wade.

Per-36 minutes, Z-Bo is having the second best scoring season of his career.

HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW LEBRON MADE HIS NBA DEBUT IN SACRAMENTO????

GT is a chase-down block superstar, if that were a thing

I'm part of the Lin crowd but that was fun to watch.

Vinsanity returns after a decade long hiatus. Everything went down for him last night. His drives to the basket looked clean. That behind the back pass was beautiful. That corner 3 with 1.3 seconds left in the quarter was awesome. His defense on SF/PF tweeners has been and still is at a very high level. I don't remember him ever being much more than an average defender but he looks as good as you can get on defense for a 40 year old.

Bogie was fantastic. Came in and immediately changed the game. Needs to be paired at the hip with WCS because Bogie and ZBo running the pick and roll is completely ineffective, but swap ZBo with WCS and magic happens. Would have had a nearly perfect shooting night on top of that if not for him just taking a couple of "whatever" three's in the final minute when the game was already won.

Speaking of WCS. What a game for him. That's the kind of game he should be going for every night. Be a higher skilled Deandre Jordan. Get those freebie lobs and then do your work down close to the basket.

Tip of the cap to Temple for the work he did on defense all night. He probably gives up 50lbs to Lebron and held him in check all night. Hill also played very well defensively in the 2nd half. He's so savvy on that end of the court. It's the little things on defense that him, Carter and Temple do that the young kids can learn from. Justin Jackson had a great strip on Wade that got called a foul. I can guarantee you if it was one of the veterans, they wouldn't have called it. It's ridiculous that the refs have the leeway to play favorites but it's just one of those things the young guys have to wait out.

That was the first and only time this year where the team reminded me of the Webber-pinnacled team. People always want to compare Euros to Peja as the measuring stick, but Bogdan is a different player with different strengths. Bogdan has the ability to be a high assist-man. This game is what I had in mind for Joerger to witness for quite some time. It bubbled up when they played a stronger opponent finally. Vince Carter's performance can also not be understated, it's like something clicked on in his head that'd been dormant or maybe he just threw caution to the wind --> "F being 40 and injuries be damned"

Bogdan and WCS played great. Vince's performance was amazing, but an Outlier. After 34 games, Vince finally breaks out? I would surmise, probably not. Team loves to swim in mediocrity. Get blasted by the Clips and then turn around and beat the Cavs. Zero consistency with this team(New Concept?) Kings play Suns and Grizzlies next. Of course, It's plausible the Kings will drop one, if not both of these.

Last night the Kings showed what they are capable of. I liked the image of Vlade hugging Joerger walking in the tunnel.
Vince was out of control and made a statement to LeBron and the whole NBA.
Bogdan had his coming out party. IT was joking with him. I guarantee you that the Cavs will remember him. Bogdan did not flinch at all. Wonderful control of the offense. A joy.
Willie played to his potential. Bogdan really knows how to get him going. Willie is the Jekyll/Hyde player on the team.

The Kings resisted the Cav surges. They played defense. They rebounded. The offense was really something.
Eventually Cleveland gave up. They were in disbelief walking off the floor. LeBron scurried for the exit. They got beat and they knew it.

The Kings have played .500 ball the last 8 games. Their confidence still fluctuates, but it is massively better. It has to be at an all-time high after last night.
The Cavs overplayed on defense and refused to change it even though Bogdan kept making them pay.

I would point to this game as proof that trading Cousins was the right thing to do. And it is still December.

Mine too. He did make a couple turnovers into the middle of the floor, but his court vision/BBIQ is just great. Love him and he seems unconcerned about his stats.

Also, if WCS played kind of like this, most of the time, it would be awesome.

These two seem like good long-term pieces.
Willie seems to play better when Bogie has the ball in his hands. The core of Bogie, Willie and Buddy seems to be our most productive core young guys.

The Bogie/Willie chemistry is strong. When both are going, it's almost impossible to defend them on the pick-and-roll.

Leave it to the Kings to bring in three good rookie PGs (Bogdan/Fox/Mason) the same year that they drop a load of money on a good one on the open market (Hill)

40-year-old Vince Carter has aged more gracefully than 36-year-old D-Wade.

Per-36 minutes, Z-Bo is having the second best scoring season of his career.

HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW LEBRON MADE HIS NBA DEBUT IN SACRAMENTO????

GT is a chase-down block superstar, if that were a thing
Yeah we need young shooters to put around Bogie and Willie. Buddy is one for sure. Justin Jackson the other?