Randolph arrested

But that law change, as I noted above. does not take effect until January 2018.
That is not quite right actually. Parts of the law (in particular possession, consumption, and growing for personal use) became legal right after the law passed. The permitting for legally selling and therefore being taxed does not go into affect until 2018.

Randolph is dumb and we should look at voiding his contract. Shouldn't have been where he was with the people he was with doing what he was doing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
When they passed prop 64, recreational use became legal immediately. The sale of recreational use marijuana is still illegal though. Now in terms of what was being discussed by 2 posters above, there is the state level and federal level at play there.
So he can claim that 2 pounds as personal use for recreational purposes? What a load of manure. Of course, should he pursue that line of defense he may skate on the charges in LA but still lose his job because of the conflict with the NBA.

I still maintain his biggest mistake in all this, and the one thing that will probably cause it all to end badly for him, is that he showed an unbelievable lack of anything remotely resembling common sense. Comparing his IQ to a box of rocks is what comes to mind, and it's probably not fair ... to the box of rocks.

So he can claim that 2 pounds as personal use for recreational purposes? What a load of manure. Of course, should he pursue that line of defense he may skate on the charges in LA but still lose his job because of the conflict with the NBA.

I still maintain his biggest mistake in all this, and the one thing that will probably cause it all to end badly for him, is that he showed an unbelievable lack of anything remotely resembling common sense. Comparing his IQ to a box of rocks is what comes to mind, and it's probably not fair ... to the box of rocks.
Good question and to answer, no, he can only legally carry around one ounce on him...hence the charge of intent to distribute.
I'm all for legalization of marijuana, but I agree he's an idiot

When Oregon legalized there was this weird stretch where you could just give it away freely but not sell. I doubt this is the case in CA but you really never know. Either way, I am pretty sure the "intent to distribute" charge is bogus and it's embarrassing given the current state of affairs in CA. But when you are in Randolph's position it's all about not being a dumas, which he clearly was, and that's what's disappointing.

The real crime is wearing your pants that low. He looks like an idiot. His diabetic bodyguard also made a nasty threat to the TMZ cameraman. To the fans who want to excuse this give me a break. If he's going to claim two pounds of marijuana for his per use, which is enough for 2000 joints, then he's a total pothead. And if the alternative is true, whether he is giving it to friends or selling it, that's not someone I want on my team. The legality is not the issue. It is an issue of professionalism and conduct and judgement for a guy getting $24M to be a positive influence on nine 1st and 2nd year players.....Why do you need that much pot unless you (1) have a chronic drug use problem or (2) intend to distribute it for free to friends or (3) sell in a Watts housing project. It is no wonder Z-Bo could hardly express himself coherently when I heard him interviewed at LSVL. He has probably fried most of his brain cells. I hope the Kings are looking to void his contract.
I'm sure I wore mine that low as a skater punk in the 90s but not as a grown man like that

When Oregon legalized there was this weird stretch where you could just give it away freely but not sell. I doubt this is the case in CA but you really never know. Either way, I am pretty sure the "intent to distribute" charge is bogus and it's embarrassing given the current state of affairs in CA. But when you are in Randolph's position it's all about not being a dumas, which he clearly was, and that's what's disappointing.
Who are these people giving away weed and please PM their contact info

Who are these people giving away weed and please PM their contact info
Unfortunately now that we are fully legal I believe our prices are highest in the nation.

But you can't go 3-4 blocks in Portland proper without hitting a rec shop. They are possibly more prevalent than strip clubs and brew pubs, which is basically what put us on the map aside from that stupid tv show.

It has been really slow around here. And now we have this. Just one more Kings Fan summer time punch in the gut:(

Being a Kings Fan has been pretty tough for a decade. Things were starting to look up and now ZBo is walking around Watts with 2 lbs of weed in a backpack. Unfreaking believeable.

Unfortunately now that we are fully legal I believe our prices are highest in the nation.

But you can't go 3-4 blocks in Portland proper without hitting a rec shop. They are possibly more prevalent than strip clubs and brew pubs, which is basically what put us on the map aside from that stupid tv show.
Portland is like fun land . Was supposed to go next weekend with some buddies but had to bail. You ever been to the Whiskey Library.

Hey: let's all calm down a bit. Yes it's sketchy that Randolph went to a party in the Watts area. Lots of party folks around. Is it not possible that he put his backpack down and later someone, when the police came, stuffed 2 lbs of weed into it? Just saying: do not jump to too many conclusions, because we do not know exactly what the hell happened. He would have to be a complete blind idiot to carry that stuff in his backpack. Why would he do that? Not to excuse his problematic choice to even be in the neighborhood. But let's see how it plays out.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hey: let's all calm down a bit. Yes it's sketchy that Randolph went to a party in the Watts area. Lots of party folks around. Is it not possible that he put his backpack down and later someone, when the police came, stuffed 2 lbs of weed into it? Just saying: do not jump to too many conclusions, because we do not know exactly what the hell happened. He would have to be a complete blind idiot to carry that stuff in his backpack. Why would he do that? Not to excuse his problematic choice to even be in the neighborhood. But let's see how it plays out.
Sure. And he just happened to be conveniently carrying a backpack that could hold 2 pounds of weed. I don't recall seeing many people randomly carry around empty backpacks... Just sayin. Sometimes if it looks like a duck, smells like a duck and quacks like a duck? It's a duck.

Talk to a lawyer, it is not legal.
It is legal and it isn't.

Federal law still classifies cannabis as a Schedule I narcotic. That category is for drugs like heroin that are said to be highly addictive with no medical value.

Even though polls show a record number of Americans believe marijuana should be legal, there’s been no move to change that at the Federal level. Currently 28 states permit medical marijuana and eight allow recreational use, including California.

Here's a good FAQ on recreational marijuana now being legal in California - from the kcra.com website...

Q: How much pot am I legally allowed to possess on my person?
A: 28.5 grams or about 1 ounce

Q: How old do I have to be to smoke recreational pot?
A: At least 21 years old.

Q: What other states have legalized recreational marijuana?
A: Alaska, Colorado, Oregon, Washington

Q: Am I allowed to grow my own marijuana?
A: Yes. You are allowed to grow up to 6 plants for personal use.

Q: Are there shops in the state now where I can buy recreational marijuana?
A: Not yet. You still need to have a medical marijuana card to make purchases at dispensaries. The state is figuring out the rules and regulations to sell recreational use marijuana, which will likely take most of 2017.

Q: Can I smoke weed in public?
A: No, you can only smoke in a private space.

Q: Am I allowed to smoke weed and drive?
A: "Whether it's marijuana, a prescription drug and unknown substance or alcohol, if any of those impair your driving, you're subject to DUI laws in California," California Highway Patrol Capt. Josh Ehlers said.

I am all for legalizing weed. I never will smoke it, but if it helps the state and keeps low level dealers and users out of jail then it's all good. Those are people that my tax dollars will not be paying for to sit in jail for a stupid offense. Personally, there is much much more wrong with CA in regards to politics and outright weird crazy liberal wackos in charge. When I retire I am definitely 100% leaving CA forever heh.. There is way too much wrong with CA and it's never going to be fixed, even with weed money.

Again, I don't think the fuss is about the legality of it or not.

No one would bat an eye if we happened to cut a D-leaguer who isn't good enough for the roster. No one would want a D-league taking up starters minutes, after all.

It's the same principle. We sure as hell didn't sign Zbo for his basketball ability. If that was the case, I don't think it would cause this much of a stink. It was to be a mentor. He clearly can't do his job well enough so we should look for way to get rid of him.

Sure. And he just happened to be conveniently carrying a backpack that could hold 2 pounds of weed. I don't recall seeing many people randomly carry around empty backpacks... Just sayin. Sometimes if it looks like a duck, smells like a duck and quacks like a duck? It's a duck.
......... and sometimes not.

It is legal and it isn't.

Federal law still classifies cannabis as a Schedule I narcotic. That category is for drugs like heroin that are said to be highly addictive with no medical value.

Even though polls show a record number of Americans believe marijuana should be legal, there’s been no move to change that at the Federal level. Currently 28 states permit medical marijuana and eight allow recreational use, including California.

Here's a good FAQ on recreational marijuana now being legal in California - from the kcra.com website...

Q: How much pot am I legally allowed to possess on my person?
A: 28.5 grams or about 1 ounce

Q: How old do I have to be to smoke recreational pot?
A: At least 21 years old.

Q: What other states have legalized recreational marijuana?
A: Alaska, Colorado, Oregon, Washington

Q: Am I allowed to grow my own marijuana?
A: Yes. You are allowed to grow up to 6 plants for personal use.

Q: Are there shops in the state now where I can buy recreational marijuana?
A: Not yet. You still need to have a medical marijuana card to make purchases at dispensaries. The state is figuring out the rules and regulations to sell recreational use marijuana, which will likely take most of 2017.

Q: Can I smoke weed in public?
A: No, you can only smoke in a private space.

Q: Am I allowed to smoke weed and drive?
A: "Whether it's marijuana, a prescription drug and unknown substance or alcohol, if any of those impair your driving, you're subject to DUI laws in California," California Highway Patrol Capt. Josh Ehlers said.
And those questions only pertain to CA law. If a federal DEA agents wants to arrest you they can. Even state peace officers can still arrest on federal charges they have to take them to the federal DA to prosecute.

Whats uncalled for, lazy and pretentious, is asking people for sources that are readily available and found in a matter of seconds. This isn't some foreign, dated or obscure story, It's being covered by multiple major news outlets, local and national.

I didn't post the source because I'm not an aggregate, I'm not here to inform the board, I'm just here sharing my opinions. If thats not up to your standards, so be it.

I'm wrong for being right here ><. This place is too holier than thou for me. I quit. Y'all run me off this board with your snark, it's not the other way around.
Saying that someone had two pounds of MJ in his backpack is not an opinion. You made your first statement in large and bolded letters, but you weren't trying to inform anyone? You went off the rail for a simple request.