Vet free agents and filling out the roster

Some of you get it, but some of you don't. Our interest in FAs goes beyond who we want on our roster this year. And, it's an agent's job (offensive as it may be to some of us) to create rumors and false stories to give them leverage. For example, it could be that the Kings met with Iggy not because they though they would be able to sign him, but because a) it lets others know that we're talking to some of the better players out there (and they're talking to us), and b) the leverage it creates for Iggy contributes to the Warriors (our division rivals) paying ungodly sums for an aging veteran. That's playing the long game. Vlade is capable of making mistakes, but he's a long game guy who doesn't act impulsively.
I've actually wondered if some of the interest is the force teams to exhaust their cap space.

It is the Agents Job to find work for their Clients at the highest pay. A small group of Players have the luxury of chasing a ring.

Most of the reports come from the Agents.

Maybe I'm just a jerk, but I hope the Kings offer a max offer on Porter causing Washington to match, then offer a YUGGGE offer for Bojan forcing the Wizards to match or let him walk. The Wizards salary cap wise will be screwed.

It's like Salary Cap Trolling 101. hahahahah

Maybe I'm just a jerk, but I hope the Kings offer a max offer on Porter causing Washington to match, then offer a YUGGGE offer for Bojan forcing the Wizards to match or let him walk. The Wizards salary cap wise will be screwed.

They'll be in luxury tax after signing or matching Porter so I don't think it's that complicated.

Yeah there are rules to contract offers man. It's like real estate. If it's offered and accepted you have to do it. You can't just offer a huge contract to Bojan and then not make good on it. Unless you are saying you want to pay Bojan huge money?

In any case, they'll sign only one of them likely.

Bojan wants 16M per. That would bankrupt the Wiz if they did that on top of Porter. Even if only at 12M, that would cost them 24M!! That's not happening.

I expect Bojan to get 10-12M somewhere. I'd be ok if the Kings threw 3/36 at him, team option third year.

speaking of contracts. they could structure the deal where its front loaded so we can meet the floor with that deal and then it could technically be a 3m/yr deal after the initial year.

I'm in for the Otto Porter sweepstakes. If giving them either Malachi or Kosta will get it done as a sign & trade, I can live with that. But otherwise I like our roster as it is. I think we need three things:
1. Sign Lawson to a 2 year contract, with the 2nd year a team option. He needs to understand that his role is to groom Fox and Mason.
2. Make Temple our starting small forward until
Jackson is ready. Temple can play the position and will know intuitively that he's there to groom Jackson (the leader of a national champ team). If Jackson doesn't prove that he's ready (as Skal did last year), then we've got a 1st round pick one year from now to find the SF we need.
3. Use the rest of our cap space to take on a bad contract or two in exchange for a 1st round draft pick or two. If the player(s) can contribute, great. But not at the expense of our rebuild/youth movement. Any player on the Kings that is not part of our developing core either needs to be a contributor and mentor, or they need to be down at the end of the bench (or in street clothes).

I like these two more than offering Porter the max. Keep cap flexibility for in 3 years when some of our rookies need to get paid. The only guy that needs to get paid in two years if he's successful is WCS.

Cool news to wake up to. Great vet signings but I'm a little disappointed that it takes us out of the Otto Porter considerations unless there is some sign and trade. Maybe Vince Carter ends up a King to round out the roster on a short friendly contract.

Unless this is his agent looking to drum up more interest using teams with cap space as pawns (wouldn't doubt it) it looks like we might have interest in Kelly Olynyk. Not really sure why though, I mean I like him as a player but with all the bigs we have now I just don't think there are enough minutes. I read that there is a rumor in a Greek newspaper that KK wants to be traded so who knows how this all plays out. I think we should focus more on acquiring a 3 somehow. I wouldn't mind Bojan.
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/882674491117060096

Unless this is his agent looking to drum up more interest using teams with cap space as pawns (wouldn't doubt it) it looks like we might have interest in Kelly Olynyk. Not really sure why though, I mean I like him as a player but with all the bigs we have now I just don't think there are enough minutes. I read that there is a rumor in a Greek newspaper that KK wants to be traded so who knows how this all plays out. I think we should focus more on acquiring a 3 somehow. I wouldn't mind Bojan.
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/882674491117060096
Unless we're gonna trade a big for a sf I don't see it with olynk.

This would be kind of a pipe dream but if we could somehow trade Kosta plus Richardson for Crowder (or something llike that) and sign Olynyk we would have a REALLY nice future.

PG: Hill, Fox, Mason III
SG: Hield, Bogs, Temple
SF: Crowder, JJ, Temple
PF: Skal, ZBo, Olynyk, Giles
C: WCS, Olynyk, Papa

We would be really young with a ton of potential to grow as a team under DJ coaching. Wishful thinking probably though.

This would be kind of a pipe dream but if we could somehow trade Kosta plus Richardson for Crowder (or something llike that) and sign Olynyk we would have a REALLY nice future.
Crowder may not be such a pipe dream after all. Word is that the Celts still have to create cap room for Hayward and are shopping the likes of Marcus Smart, Jae Crowder, and/or Avery Bradley.

Sources: Celtics shopping Marcus Smart, Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley to make room for Gordon Hayward

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ate-cap-room-give-gordon-hayward-max-contract

The Celtics have to make a complicated series of moves to create enough to sign Hayward to the full max. But because the salary cap did not rise as much as projected, they will likely have to trade one or more of those three players to sign Hayward. Sources told ESPN that Boston has discussed trade concepts involving those players with at least half a dozen teams on Wednesday.

PG: Hill, Fox, Mason III
SG: Hield, Bogs, Temple
SF: Crowder, JJ, Temple
PF: Skal, ZBo, Olynyk, Giles
C: WCS, Olynyk, Papa

We would be really young with a ton of potential to grow as a team under DJ coaching. Wishful thinking probably though.
They really want to Reduce Salary so trading KK and Richardson for Crowder does not help them at all

But Richardson 1.5 mil for Crowder 6.8 does save them 5 mil towards their goal and they get depth at SG. If they find another team to take Bradley?

I would pay Bradley the 8.9 mil for one year (Even if we dont need him) if it was for one of their 1st Draft Picks
But I think Celtics would want a pick, not give one up

All three of those guys have value around the league and Crowder has the most, given his performance compared to his contract and the fact that he's signed for three more seasons.

Bradley is an UFA after this season and Smart will be a RFA but I still doubt Boston gives them away for nothing more than cap relief. They'll want draft picks to add to their war chest. I'm guessing they'll ask for a future first for Crowder.

Well we may be looking at KK trades any way.

He allegedly asked for a trade:
http://www.gazzetta.gr/stili/elline...05821/o-koyfos-thelei-na-fygei-apo-sakramento
Translated:

Kostas Koufos is ready for the 10th year at the NBA, but he can find him in another team. Fast Bet on Best Odds, Direct Withdrawals (21) According to gazzetta.gr, the 28-year-old has Mandate his representative, Andy Bundogiannis, to initiate proceedings so that Kings can trade him. The reason is that it is the discontent of the Greek international with the role he will have the new season in the "Kings" and will be about time Participation, as the Sacramento team intends to use Most of them Giorgos Papagiannis and Willie Colei - Stein, who are meant to be top tier by the coach, Dave Gerger. Koufos had signed a contract with Kings on July 13, 2015 for four years (3 1), with the third year being The last guarantor of his contract, while for the next there is a player option ($ 8,739,500). Now his goal is to find a team that will have a bigger role. In the season that ended, Koufos did not get excited, but he did not leave bad impressions as he had an average of 6.6 points and 5.7 rebounds.

If we're really planning to develop the youngsters under the guidance of some great mentors/vet role models, who on the Celtics do we really need (and that Ainge woould part with)? None! If KK wants to be traded so he can have a bigger role somewhere else, please don't trade him for someone who may be better than our youngster this year, but only serve to slow down the development of said youngster! And McGee isn't a replacement for KK.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Nobody wants Smart and Bradley has one year left on his contract. That leaves Crowder who has a great contract. I just hope that some stupid team doesn't bail Ainge out with a deal for Smart or Bradley and then he's left with dealing Crowder for a bag of chips. Hopefully, to the Kings.

Ya, but if we trade KK for Smart & Crowder then Boston clears enough salary and we have two more assets.
That's a good point. But it would require more shuffling of the roster. I don't think Vlade would have signed Vince Carter if he thought we might be getting Smart and Crowder.