[Game] Kings v. Suns - 4/11/17 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I love when our guards ignore our massive Center who has been getting decent position time and time again the last 5 trips down the floor.

Good job Lawson. He's been pretty fun to watch this year, and I definitely wouldn't mind him coming back next season.

He's definitely leaps and bounds above Collison on my power rankings of who should return.
Agreed. Probably still be relatively cheap as well. Cheaper than Collison

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm glad the Kings won their last home game. And I'm very happy that Coach Joerger came out and spoke to the fans afterwards. They are building something special...and God willing I'm gonna be here to see it.

#ILoveThisTeam

Yes, I'll be happy to start at PF again and keep up the win streak. But seriously VF21, I've got worse knees than you do. Maybe we can get a good PF in the draft.

I was there and it was a fun game to watch. Got me a T-shirt that says " Sixth Man".

Last edited:
Something just disgusting about sitting your star 20 year old SG for "rest purposes." I'm fully in favor of tanking and losing games you shouldn't win (like 4 of our last 6 wins), but you got to draw the line somewhere. Would never want to sit Buddy or Skal or Papa so we can lose easier.

It's been damn hard trying to outsuck the Mavs, Minny, New York, Philly this last month to get better draft position. It basically would have taken sitting all the young guys we actually want playing and getting experience and letting Isaiah Cousins and a few more D-League guys run the show. Minny has blown AT LEAST 5 games in that span they should have won. At this point, just make sure to lose the last game and hope we win the flip

this was probably the most boring game I've seen this season. nothing about it really stood out except from Papagiannis and Bender's beef. Yeah Hield ended up with 30pts, but it felt like a quiet 30pts due to how long the game was stretched out. Defense was not played by either team, and the game felt dragged on. Suns put grade F product out on the floor, and I think that should be fines worthy. Fans pay good money to see NBA professional players, not DLeague talents. Awful showcasing by the Suns, and things like these are kinda embarrassing for the league. I could see why people are against tanking now. At least with the Kings, we still had Lawson, Temple, Tolliver, WCS, and Hield who've proved to be solid NBA players. Suns only had 1 player, maybe 2 if we're being generous.

Lol I wasn't aware of Papa's Papa twitter exchanges... :D
We greeks have a temperament for sure (Papas Papa overdid it though)

However stating that Bender is the best european prospect in recent years is at least a joke.
Apart from the obvious (Giannis, Porzingis, Gobert) I would take: Jokic, PapaG maybe even Nurkic (after the trade appearances) over Bender any day. And that is just for tall guys.

As for PapaG's mentality and reactions, he is Greek and he is used to play passionate, but he always stays within limits. He is rookie and held back so far. I liked what I saw
and it will never go beyond that , far from reaching DMC levels.

In Greece, there are 2 of the best teams in Europe. PapaG was playing for mine (Panathinaikos) since he was 16 and the pressure in top games from fans and everyone is enormous.
Things get heated. I don't know if you ever seen how the atmosphere in a top european derby is, so check this :

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Guys are missing free throws on purpose. I just can't even call this basketball at that point. I'd rather watch competitive 6 year olds going at it then this nonsense. And I hate to see teams rewarded for it.
Given the Suns' drafting record aside from Booker, I wouldn't call it a reward.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Something just disgusting about sitting your star 20 year old SG for "rest purposes." I'm fully in favor of tanking and losing games you shouldn't win (like 4 of our last 6 wins), but you got to draw the line somewhere. Would never want to sit Buddy or Skal or Papa so we can lose easier.

It's been damn hard trying to outsuck the Mavs, Minny, New York, Philly this last month to get better draft position. It basically would have taken sitting all the young guys we actually want playing and getting experience and letting Isaiah Cousins and a few more D-League guys run the show. Minny has blown AT LEAST 5 games in that span they should have won. At this point, just make sure to lose the last game and hope we win the flip
The sad part is that Minny hasn't been tanking. They just suck. Even with one of the two best young bigs in the NBA and Wiggins.

this was probably the most boring game I've seen this season. nothing about it really stood out except from Papagiannis and Bender's beef. Yeah Hield ended up with 30pts, but it felt like a quiet 30pts due to how long the game was stretched out. Defense was not played by either team, and the game felt dragged on. Suns put grade F product out on the floor, and I think that should be fines worthy. Fans pay good money to see NBA professional players, not DLeague talents. Awful showcasing by the Suns, and things like these are kinda embarrassing for the league. I could see why people are against tanking now. At least with the Kings, we still had Lawson, Temple, Tolliver, WCS, and Hield who've proved to be solid NBA players. Suns only had 1 player, maybe 2 if we're being generous.
Still the teams are not to blame for exploiting the rules of the league. Tanking is a viable strategy in the NBA. And all the talk how disgusting or dishonorable it is to try to lose as many games as possible, it still won't change the fact, that losing games benefits teams not in the Playoff hunt and gives them the best chance for a franchise altering talent. Under the current lottery system it's the smart thing to do.
It makes a part of the basketball season unbearable to watch, but it's still a smart thing to do as long as the fans keep coming back next year.

In Greece, there are 2 of the best teams in Europe. PapaG was playing for mine (Panathinaikos) since he was 16 and the pressure in top games from fans and everyone is enormous.
Things get heated. I don't know if you ever seen how the atmosphere in a top european derby is, so check this :

That's just beautiful to watch. :)

That's also the one thing I never understood in all my time of watching NBA basketball. There seems to be no coordinated fan choreography or chants and everything always looks a bit too laid back and sometimes artificial. So different to european football or basketball. But still the quality of the players makes up for this.