Demarcus Cousins Watch

That's fine... I'm fascinated by the duality of the whole situation. Being a 49er fan it's reminiscent of Montana going to KC..

Based on Tyreke watch and Webber watch it will last until their performances go south. I would suggest moving on. I'm not endorsing the personnel moves I'm more of a mental health advocate

Terrible plays called by Gentry. Terrible calls by the refs.
Cousins did the dirty work tonight, but they still havent figured out this twin tower thing one bit. They played Cuz like the rich mans version of Asik when the game was on the line.
Result? A terrible game winning attempt by Holiday in the 4th and again in overtime with the attempt to bring them into one, where Holiday could have been easily called for the pushoff and took an off balance floater.
Overall just outcoached and outsmartet by a team much more familiar with each other.

Terrible plays called by Gentry. Terrible calls by the refs.
Cousins did the dirty work tonight, but they still havent figured out this twin tower thing one bit. They played Cuz like the rich mans version of Asik when the game was on the line.
Result? A terrible game winning attempt by Holiday in the 4th and again in overtime with the attempt to bring them into one, where Holiday could have been easily called for the pushoff and took an off balance floater.
Overall just outcoached and outsmartet by a team much more familiar with each other.
Cuz' game tying 3 was also horrible. I guess it was in response to not getting the ball in OT, but that was a horrible shot to end the game.

Pelicans are 1-4 since the Cuz trade. Keep that draft pick coming our way

Reading the Pelicans board, they are very happy with Cousins. They're placing all the blame on Gentry, Holiday and the lack of production from their role players.

Some of them are starting to talk about tanking to get a top 3 pick since they're closer to that than making the playoffs now. Still cannot believe Vlade allowed that. Might be one of the most embarrassing aspects of the trade because everyone and their mothers knows that the Pelicans wouldn't back out if he held firm on no top 3 protection.

Reading the Pelicans board, they are very happy with Cousins. They're placing all the blame on Gentry, Holiday and the lack of production from their role players.

Some of them are starting to talk about tanking to get a top 3 pick since they're closer to that than making the playoffs now. Still cannot believe Vlade allowed that. Might be one of the most embarrassing aspects of the trade because everyone and their mothers knows that the Pelicans wouldn't back out if he held firm on no top 3 protection.
I can't even imagine what a disaster it would be if the pelicans ended up in the top 3. Put one of those star point guards on this pels team and your really gonna have something while the laughingstock tag is firmly affixed around the kings necks.

Cousins 0-4 with the Pels. It's the refs fault. It's the coaches fault. Sounds eerily familiar.

I didn't see the game but I did see the highlights on ESPN. Saw him make a really bad turnover and the end of the game and airball a terrible 3. Of course, that had nothing to do with them losing. It was all on the coach and the refs.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Cousins 0-4 with the Pels. It's the refs fault. It's the coaches fault. Sounds eerily familiar.

I didn't see the game but I did see the highlights on ESPN. Saw him make a really bad turnover and the end of the game and airball a terrible 3. Of course, that had nothing to do with them losing. It was all on the coach and the refs.
You should have watched the game. The main problem was AD and Cuz weren't enough to hold off a determined Spurs team. Blaming Boogie isn't warranted in this instance. He wasn't perfect but he certainly didn't bear the brunt of responsibility for the loss.

You should have watched the game. The main problem was AD and Cuz weren't enough to hold off a determined Spurs team. Blaming Boogie isn't warranted in this instance. He wasn't perfect but he certainly didn't bear the brunt of responsibility for the loss.
You are correct. I didn't see the game. I'm not necessarily blaming Boogie. I'm just getting tired of it always being the refs and/or the coaches fault. There is a lot more that goes into it (not all Boogie's fault either). Regardless, I'm glad they lost. I want a better draft pick.

You are correct. I didn't see the game. I'm not necessarily blaming Boogie. I'm just getting tired of it always being the refs and/or the coaches fault. There is a lot more that goes into it (not all Boogie's fault either). Regardless, I'm glad they lost. I want a better draft pick.
So what goes into it? Again the DMC is a cancer narrative? Again Napear and Voison with their usual anonymous source and obvious bias? That of course while many ex teammates obviously support Boogie and he is befriended with a lot of his Team USA teammates?
The guy completely dominated the defensive glass yesterday and played solid defense, worked hard on the offensive glass too and tried to get his teammates involved.
Without him this game isn't even close.
Does he make mistakes on the court? Of course. Does he has a gigantic positive influence on the game even when you take his mistakes into Account?
I think noone that watched the game can deny that. That's why most Pels Fans are happy with him.
And a Coach, who has the two best bigs in the league on one team, but decides to not go inside when one of them is guarded by Paul Gasol should be questioned.

Cuz' game tying 3 was also horrible. I guess it was in response to not getting the ball in OT, but that was a horrible shot to end the game.

Pelicans are 1-4 since the Cuz trade. Keep that draft pick coming our way
Yes it was. But with no timeouts left it's not the easiest thing to get a good shot off versus the Spurs defense. If I remember it correctly noone was open for a 3. Cuz took it. I wouldn't read too much into it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Who said it was the refs and/or the coach? I"ll be honest. I'm just as tired of it always being Boogie's fault as you are of it always being the officials and/or coaches. The frustration goes both ways, you know. Sometimes a team just loses...and that's what happened to the Pels tonight. They lost. To the Spurs.

Who said it was the refs and/or the coach? I"ll be honest. I'm just as tired of it always being Boogie's fault as you are of it always being the officials and/or coaches. The frustration goes both ways, you know. Sometimes a team just loses...and that's what happened to the Pels tonight. They lost. To the Spurs.
I watched the entire game. The spurs are a good to great team and they were getting the calls that go along with being that kind of team. Boogie AND AD were getting mugged left and right toward the end of the game and weren't getting the calls. Even AD was losing his composure which I haven't seen happen before. Couple that with gasol getting phantom calls to keep them within striking distance and a stretch where Leonard traveled 3 times in 3 different scoring drives and I could see the writing on the wall. The pelicans also didn't do themselves any favors during the stretch run running some pretty awful plays.

I can see the potential with this pelicans team. They will have to fire gentry after this season. I don't think he's the type of coach to utilize to all-star big men correctly.

Last edited:
...In OT.

...With an eight-man-deep roster due to DNPCD (in a game going to OT!!).

...With positions 2 & 3 on the starting lineup providing a combined total of 8pt (3/12 from the field), 3reb, 1as, 0st and 0bl in 69 long minutes.

They will have to fire gentry after this season. I don't think he's the type of coach to utilize to all-star big men correctly.
This is what we said last year too. Gotta get rid of George Karl and get a proven coach, which is exactly what we did. We also addressed the "gotta get some solid vets to play around DMC" philosophy too. Didn't work. Our record was essentially the same as last year when we traded him.

Either way, it doesn't matter anymore. He's gone. I'm not sure why people around here are still rooting for him. The more the Pels lose, the better our draft pick is (unless, of course, we get #kangzed and they get in the top 3).

Either way, it doesn't matter anymore. He's gone. I'm not sure why people around here are still rooting for him. The more the Pels lose, the better our draft pick is (unless, of course, we get #kangzed and they get in the top 3).
This is how I see it...

A) I want my Kings to be as successful as possible.
B) I wish Cousins much success and hope he succeeds in New Orleans & anywhere else his career might take him.

If "B" conflicts with "A", then screw "B. Right now, Cousins & New Orleans having success hurts our team, so die Pelican scum!