Trade deadline approaching for Kings

Watching the Woj Facebook Live. They say Ben, Afflalo and Collison are the names we're still shopping.
Makes sense, Collison and Afflalo wont be here next year and they have value(Collison much more) to a contending team. Ben picked it up at the right time to get some trade value. With Hield, Malachi, Temple and Galloway on board and Bogdanovic coming next year, there just wont be minutes for him, even if it intrigues me to see how he plays post Cousins.

With Collison, just by watching his interview post practice yesterday I'm not sure I'd trust him to re sign. He talked a lot about the fans and community, but he made no secret of the fact he was shaken up by the trades and will prioritize winning and what's best for him this summer

I understand LPKingsfan that Ty might be the better long term possible option at this point, although it's arguable for both. If we kept Cousins I liked Collisons ability to stretch the floor and play off ball, but without Cousins and with these young players you might need a pure point like Lawson to set the table. I might be talking out of both sides of my mouth as I stated I wanted Collison to remain yesterday, but that was before I saw that interview. There are equal arguments to Collison/Lawson anyways

Which is to say Collison might still be here. I hope we get more than a 2nd if he isn't

I guess if we believe Woj, Koufos isn't being shopped which makes some sense. He really won't mess up any tank if we go that route, he's signed multi year, and it might be overwhelming for our kids to handle it alone. But still, ideally, you want all of WCS/Skal/Papa playing so I hope they supplant Tolliver if he's still here

Man I will be disappointed if we do nothing by tomorrow. Very.

With Collison, just by watching his interview post practice yesterday I'm not sure I'd trust him to re sign. He talked a lot about the fans and community, but he made no secret of the fact he was shaken up by the trades and will prioritize winning and what's best for him this summer

I understand LPKingsfan that Ty might be the better long term possible option at this point, although it's arguable for both. If we kept Cousins I liked Collisons ability to stretch the floor and play off ball, but without Cousins and with these young players you might need a pure point like Lawson to set the table. I might be talking out of both sides of my mouth as I stated I wanted Collison to remain yesterday, but that was before I saw that interview. There are equal arguments to Collison/Lawson anyways

Which is to say Collison might still be here. I hope we get more than a 2nd if he isn't

I guess if we believe Woj, Koufos isn't being shopped which makes some sense. He really won't mess up any tank if we go that route, he's signed multi year, and it might be overwhelming for our kids to handle it alone. But still, ideally, you want all of WCS/Skal/Papa playing so I hope they supplant Tolliver if he's still here

Man I will be disappointed if we do nothing by tomorrow. Very.
I would be shocked if we stood pat. Collison, Afflalo and McLemore should be moved. Stockpile assets for players we are not going to use next year.

Looking at what Rubio is being shopped for right now, I hope we're making a call there to grab him and Shabaaz.

Trade: Collison+Koufos for Rubio+Shabazz

Why they do it: Reports are Thibs wants to make a playoff run still and he's getting 2 guys who can help him do it, while getting out of 2 of their biggest salary commitments (rubio 13 mil deal and having to pay Shabazz next season). Aldrich has been a huge bust, so getting Kosta on a great deal significantly improves their bench and gives them an actual 3rd big behind Dieng and KAT.

Why we do it: We acquire a really nice young player who should fit immediately in as the starting SF next season and we get a legit playmaker to run the team while the youth grows up. Rubio isn't exactly an old man either at just 26. Doing this would give us a future core of:

Rubio
Hield
Malachi
Bogdan
Shabazz
WCS
Skal
Papa
2 (hopeful) top 10 picks in this draft.

That's not the worst start to the post-Cousins era.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Watching the Woj Facebook Live. They say Ben, Afflalo and Collison are the names we're still shopping.
But Vlade told Collison he is staying, and we all know how honest Vlade is. His word is golden.

Collison is lucky there isn't an NBA GM convention somewhere; and Vlade would have to deal with those newfangled smartphones to trade him away at this point.

Looking at what Rubio is being shopped for right now, I hope we're making a call there to grab him and Shabaaz.

Trade: Collison+Koufos for Rubio+Shabazz

Why they do it: Reports are Thibs wants to make a playoff run still and he's getting 2 guys who can help him do it, while getting out of 2 of their biggest salary commitments (rubio 13 mil deal and having to pay Shabazz next season). Aldrich has been a huge bust, so getting Kosta on a great deal significantly improves their bench and gives them an actual 3rd big behind Dieng and KAT.

Why we do it: We acquire a really nice young player who should fit immediately in as the starting SF next season and we get a legit playmaker to run the team while the youth grows up. Rubio isn't exactly an old man either at just 26. Doing this would give us a future core of:

Rubio
Hield
Malachi
Bogdan
Shabazz
WCS
Skal
Papa
2 (hopeful) top 10 picks in this draft.

That's not the worst start to the post-Cousins era.
But we need our own Klay to complement our "next Steph Curry". Rubio doesn't fit with what we want to build here.

So.
****ing.
Stupid.

Why are we playing smart now? Freaking get value. Getting nothing because we "hold fast" at this point is just mind-mindbogglingly stupid.
Would you rather us continue to be idiots? I agree we should definitely move Collison, Afflalo, and possibly McLemore. Vlade is not the ideal GM and has been nothing but frustrating, but Cousins was definitely a unique circumstance which ended terribly. Playing a wee bit of hardball to get more value is dangerous, but I still would be shocked if we don't move Collison by the end of the day.

Tim BontempsVerified account
‏@TimBontemps

Follow
More
Kings still mulling things over but talks on players w/ expirings, NGs (Collison, Afflalo, etc) cooled for now. Asking price may be too high

Screw Vlade. Now that he knows he got took, he's going to be a hard-ass and not get any value whatsoever.

Its makes no sense to hold on to the expiring veterans who wont be here next year, trade them for anything, protected 2nd rounders even. Alot of factors involved here though, Incompetent FO, agents possibly not wanting anything to do with Vlade.....

Honestly plugging Buddy in Cousins spot and the "Celtics game" might have even convinced Vivek that this is a playoff team.