TV - What's your passion (NON-sports)?

Thus far, Six seems to be "in the style" of the first couple of seasons of Homeland. I'll probably stick with it for a while.

I totally agree about Justified. I'm still not happy about that show ending.
but my god, how good was that ending?!

"...we dug coal together."

my heart ached for, like, a week straight.

I loved Hell on Wheels. Another one of those series based on history I really wished they could have found a way to continue.
Yeah, I'm a big fan of history-based dramas also. Care to share some of your favorites? I'll tell you some of the ones we liked:

Rome
Spartacus (really adult oriented, don't watch with little kids or grandma in the room)
The Borgias
The Tudors
Marco Polo (probably historically inaccurate, but still fun)
Deadwood
Hell on Wheels
Narcos
Vikings

Really interested in watching Turn, it takes place during the American Revolution...have you seen it yet?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Our lists are similar.

I watched Turn for the first season but then drifted away. I'm not sure why.

If you haven't caught Victoria on Masterpiece yet, it promises to be pretty interesting. I liked Jenna Coleman in Doctor Who and, thus far, am really enjoying her interpretation of Victoria.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I was disappointed that there was no new episode of Scorpion this week, especially since the last episode was the first one in quite some time that I really didn't like. I can't help but wonder if and/or how many episodes the writers had to re-write this season, due to Elyes Glabel and Katherine McPhee's RL breakup last summer.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I was disappointed that there was no new episode of Scorpion this week, especially since the last episode was the first one in quite some time that I really didn't like. I can't help but wonder if and/or how many episodes the writers had to re-write this season, due to Elyes Glabel and Katherine McPhee's RL breakup last summer.
WHAT?!?!?!? I didn't even know they were together. :)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
For real? I thought that it was fairly common knowledge: they started dating during the filming of Season 1.

I could have sworn I'd mentioned that two years ago but, apparently, a board search only turns up Elyes Glabel's name twice: the last two posts.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
For real? I thought that it was fairly common knowledge: they started dating during the filming of Season 1.

I could have sworn I'd mentioned that two years ago but, apparently, a board search only turns up Elyes Glabel's name twice: the last two posts.
Interesting...

I've watched every episode of Scorpion, and I think there's a definite chemistry there between them - even now.

In other news, I watched the premiere of Superior Donuts. I like it. Reminds me a bit of Chico and the Man.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
... Do you have to have some level of appreciation for the first five books, in order to get the joke?
I actually have not read/watched the series, but I believe the joke plays on the idea that a very very very very large number of characters die. Whenever my friends have been reading AGOT, they always seem to complain that just when they get into a character, they get killed.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I actually have not read/watched the series, but I believe the joke plays on the idea that a very very very very large number of characters die. Whenever my friends have been reading AGOT, they always seem to complain that just when they get into a character, they get killed.
Including some MAJOR characters you think will be important for series continuation. I've been reading along and all of a sudden a character dies and I'm like, "WTF?!?!?"

Now I'm waiting for the next book to come out. I bought a box set with the first five books not too long ago and plowed through them in short order. One hard part is that these books have so many characters you have to stay on top of. When you finish the series so far and the wait is so long for the next book, I may have to go back and re-read one or two to remember them all!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
So, a little less than eight years ago, we had a "Make Your Own Movie" draft, and I just found out that one of the actors that I picked as part of my supporting cast for that movie is the female lead in a new FOX show, called APB. It's only the second time that I've even heard her name mentioned in anything, since we did that draft... I think that I'm almost honor-bound to give that show a shot.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I'm also intrigued by the notion that I'm one of six people who participated in that draft whose movie could hypothetically still get made in 2017, without any cast/crew changes.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Every time I make the mistake of visiting the Previously.tv forums, I find myself confronted by how the most frequent posters there consume television in a way that is almost, but not quite, entirely dissimilar to me. Or, perhaps more accurately, they consume television in a way that is almost exactly like me, but from a point of view that is one hundred eighty degrees in the opposite direction.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There are only a few episodes left of Bates Motel. This show has kept me riveted from the very beginning. You really get to see inside the psyche of Norman Bates growing up, from the moment he and his mother bought the small motel. You learn the whole twisted backstory...If you haven't watched this, it would be perfect for binge viewing.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I binge watched all of Stargate: SG-1. I am a Richard Dean Anderson fan because of his skills but also because he went to high school and college with the mother of my children. I also have huge respect for the man because he quit acting to raise his daughter.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Channel surfing a few weeks ago, I stumbled across Outsiders on WGN. Now I have to find a way to watch all the episodes I missed. (NetFlix isn't an option for me, unfortunately.) Very interesting and unique series so far.

Channel surfing a few weeks ago, I stumbled across Outsiders on WGN. Now I have to find a way to watch all the episodes I missed. (NetFlix isn't an option for me, unfortunately.) Very interesting and unique series so far.
Isn't it about some backwoods folk?
Depending on who your carrier is, You should be able to get it on demand . Or if you have Amazon Fire TV (about $100) you can get it

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Isn't it about some backwoods folk?
Depending on who your carrier is, You should be able to get it on demand . Or if you have Amazon Fire TV (about $100) you can get it
It's kind of like Justified from the clan family point of view...sorta. (Of course no Walton Goggins or Timothy Olyphant. :(

From Wikipedia:
Outsiders is an American television drama series created by Peter Mattei. Set in the fictional town of Blackburg, Crockett County, Kentucky, the series tells the story of the Farrell clan and their struggle for power and control in the hills of Appalachia.
I've got DishNet for both TV and Internet, which means my bandwidth for watching streaming video is severely limited. I may have to wait until the next time I visit my daughter in Sacramento and then stay up all night watching.