[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (OCT/NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KingMilz

Lillard/Kawhi/Simmonds were all unreal but man Joe Johnson I think at one point was 12/12 during a stretch just turning the clock back the Jazz/Portland game was a absolute ripper.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wanted:
Kawhi Leonard
Andre Drummond
CJ McCollum (when I thought Tyreke would re-sign)
Elfrid Payton
Willie Cauley-Stein

This year I hoped for Dunn to drop but based on who was available at #8 think you have to take Chriss. And if you're going with youth & potential I think you take DeJounte Murray at #22.

That said I liked the Phoenix trade but I would've taken Baldwin at 13. Skal impressed in summer league but he and Richardson were literally two of my least favorite prospects in this last draft.

Sigh.

I wanted:
Kawhi Leonard
Andre Drummond
CJ McCollum (when I thought Tyreke would re-sign)
Elfrid Payton
Willie Cauley-Stein

This year I hoped for Dunn to drop but based on who was available at #8 think you have to take Chriss. And if you're going with youth & potential I think you take DeJounte Murray at #22.

That said I liked the Phoenix trade but I would've taken Baldwin at 13. Skal impressed in summer league but he and Richardson were literally two of my least favorite prospects in this last draft.

Sigh.
I really think the Kings will regret passing on Baldwin. He's having a good rookie debut so far, already played 10mins in the 1st half.
Papagiannis on the other hand, will be lucky to play 10 games this season. I don't even have to exaggerate when I say that...which is sad.

Still don't understand the justification on that pick at all. I really don't.

Watching Papagiannis struggle through preseason was cringe worthy. I really don't understand what Vlade saw in Papagiannis. The guy doesn't even look better than Jeff Whitey. He didn't show a single positive, let along a single strength. Looked pathetic on the boards for a guy as big as him. Not really a rim protector. Slow footed on defense. Lateral quickness extremely questionable. Plays extremely soft for a 7ft 240lb player.

Oh well. Nothing we can do now, but root for him. Really hard to have confidence in someone like Papagiannis who showed us very very little promise.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really think the Kings will regret passing on Baldwin. He's having a good rookie debut so far, already played 10mins in the 1st half.
Papagiannis on the other hand, will be lucky to play 10 games this season. I don't even have to exaggerate when I say that...which is sad.

Still don't understand the justification on that pick at all. I really don't.

Watching Papagiannis struggle through preseason was cringe worthy. I really don't understand what Vlade saw in Papagiannis. The guy doesn't even look better than Jeff Whitey. He didn't show a single positive, let along a single strength. Looked pathetic on the boards for a guy as big as him. Not really a rim protector. Slow footed on defense. Lateral quickness extremely questionable. Plays extremely soft for a 7ft 240lb player.

Oh well. Nothing we can do now, but root for him. Really hard to have confidence in someone like Papagiannis who showed us very very little promise.
I have to stop watching Washington highlights from last year. Chriss and Murray may or may not turn out to be good players (Murray will get every opportunity with the Spurs system, shooting coach and record of player development) but I know they'd at least be a lot more fun to watch than Papagiannis and Richardson.

I'm bullish on Baldwin. I don't think he'll be a star and may not ever be a starter for a good team but he offers a lot as a potential bench combo guard.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The pain just won't ever stop will it? as it pertains to whiffed draft picks...sigh.
We can't keep kicking ourselves every time someone we didn't pick winds up being good. (Do you think the Wizards stay up at night wondering what'd happen if they picked Boogoe instead of John Wall?)
What's really important is whether or not the guys we pick wind up helping the team or not. Turner had a monster game last night but it's not like Willie was out there stinking it up for us either.

Last edited:
We can't keep kicking ourselves every time someone we didn't pick winds up being good. (Do you think the Wizards stay up at night wondering what's happen if they picked Boogoe instead of John Wall?)
What's really important is whether or not the guys we pick wind up helping the team or not. Turner had a monster game last night but it's not like Willie was out there stinking it up for us either.
I agree with you but I would add that it depends on whether you wanted us to pick said player or not before the draft. For example, I didn't even consider Myles Turner or Booker at #6 in the 2015 so I'm not mad that Vlade didn't too. I did however really like Baldwin for us in last years draft. To Vlades credit though, Baldwin did have red flags regarding his character and a lot of teams passed him up as well.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
We can't keep kicking ourselves every time someone we didn't pick winds up being good. (Do you think the Wizards stay up at night wondering what'd happen if they picked Boogoe instead of John Wall?)
How can we not kick ourselves? why is it the players that the Kings draft don't amount to anything special while you watch talent across the board that could of been drafted produce for their respective teams in their first or second year, while Kings fans and the organization are watching paint dry. My Turner comment wasn't a knock on Willie by any means by the way, I wanted Willie in the draft, I said so on numerous times....it's just aggravating to see players always play better just because they weren't drafted by this team.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This Bulls-Celtics game has feature spurts of IT and Rondo just heroballing their way around the court while their teammates sort of just stand around confused.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
this Clippers/Blazers match up ought to make for an interesting playoff match up if they were to meet up....lots of hard fouls and fiesty play, love this...NBA needs more teams that dislike each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.