Boogie at the Olympics

dude12

Hall of Famer
Having watched all of the games, I don't think,Coach K has used Cousins very well...doesn't take advantage of his talents. The starting unit he had been using, like others here had mentioned already, has been terrible defensively. Nice move putting Cousins with that second unit last game. That unit was very good. I think Draymond Greens skill set is not needed with this team or is not being taken advantage of.

The second unit last game of Lowry, Butler, George, Cousins and then when Durant was with them was really fun to watch. Just defensively superior to the other unit. Defense is fun to watch....use it.

The big problem in addition to the lack of defense at times is there isn't a superstar playmaker on the squad. Paul, Kidd and LeBron took care of those duties on the last 2 teams, which made it so easy for the offense to gel. This team, Dray and Lowry are probably the best playmakers, which is a far cry from the previous 2 teams. Just a bunch of alpha lead options without a guy able to bring them together.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Foul trouble could play a part in the outcome...or it will play a part. I say more of that second unit with Durant or Klay Thompson. Unless Irving is going nuclear, I'd rather have Lowry out there.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The big problem in addition to the lack of defense at times is there isn't a superstar playmaker on the squad. Paul, Kidd and LeBron took care of those duties on the last 2 teams, which made it so easy for the offense to gel. This team, Dray and Lowry are probably the best playmakers, which is a far cry from the previous 2 teams. Just a bunch of alpha lead options without a guy able to bring them together.
You don't even need a "superstar" play maker. Just about any play makers will do; you just need fewer players that are looking for their own shot. Draymond Green might be the only guy on the whole team whose first instinct when he gets the ball is to look for the open man.

I'm a dedicated fan of Boogie, but for god's sake, his hard-headedness is getting really old.
It takes a certain personality type to keep pushing people in the back when trying to get the offensive rebound, and getting fouls called on you, then continue to keep doing it to the point where you get fouled out.... and still refuse to change your playstyle.

It might be admirable, but I'd really rather he play smarter at this stage in his career - adapt to the game, and punish the other team instead of (yet again) letting other players be more valuable then you because you can't stay on the court.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm a dedicated fan of Boogie, but for god's sake, his hard-headedness is getting really old.
It takes a certain personality type to keep pushing people in the back when trying to get the offensive rebound, and getting fouls called on you, then continue to keep doing it to the point where you get fouled out.... and still refuse to change your playstyle.

It might be admirable, but I'd really rather he play smarter at this stage in his career - adapt to the game, and punish the other team instead of (yet again) letting other players be more valuable then you because you can't stay on the court.
FIBA refs are like a box of chocolate. You never know how each crew is going to ref a game.

I'm kinda hoping we wrap up the gold here and this whole experience cures Boogie of his Olympic itch.

K

king07

deoverrated cousins has been a complete non factor in the olympics....surprising to no one except his homer fanbase.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I think Boogie has looked a lot like he did as a rookie when it comes to fouls. That's not so hot. To call him a non-factor is trolling. On the other hand he is gaining experience if experience figuring out how an Olympics ref makes calls transfers to the NBA.

K

KingMilz

deoverrated cousins has been a complete non factor in the olympics....surprising to no one except his homer fanbase.
It's weird this Olympics Jordan/Cousins/Gobert/Valancunious has been complete non-factors and going into the tournament aside from Pau Gasol/Bogut or maybe Jokic (who other than the USA game has not been better than Big Miroslav) they are probably 4 of the best 5 C's in Rio. Different game I guess smaller court and more half court basketball with less cheap basket which guys like Val/Jordan/Gobert feast on in the NBA.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Wait, wait wait. I am not going to look up stats but one game Boogie was the leading scorer and rebounder. He was the 2nd leading scorer in at least one game. I realize finding the stats will not effect the person who wants to crap all over him.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I think Boogie has looked a lot like he did as a rookie when it comes to fouls. That's not so hot. To call him a non-factor is trolling. On the other hand he is gaining experience if experience figuring out how an Olympics ref makes calls transfers to the NBA.
Tim Duncan refused to play international ball after his last stint because of the refereeing. Just didnt want to deal with it.

Serbia/Montenegro has enough good players unlike Spain/France they don't have to steal them from other countries and claim they are there own.
Just curious to know who you think France "stole" from other countries...

On the other hand, it's just hilarious that you named Montenegro as an "example": their national team's point guards are Taylor Rochestie and Tyrese Rice, both american born players who suddenly got a montenegrin passport in 2012 and 2013... :rolleyes:

Last edited: