[Game] Kings @ Suns - 11/4/15 - 6 PT, 9 ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Reality check time. As I write this, word is that DMC won't even make the road trip to Phoenix. Since he was the only one who seemed to show much heart or interest against the Grizzlies, even from the bench, I have to wonder what we'll see against the Suns.

My mantra for a long time was heart and hustle, effort and energy. I absolutely DEMAND it and am disgusted that I did not see it against Memphis.

I don't blame the coach any more than I blame any one player. It's a collective failing. I guess the only "good" thing to come from the Grizzlies game is that we got to see Seth Curry and Eric Moreland for a bit.

With our luck, Lauren Holzkamp will be officiating.

(Disclaimer: This game intro was written while I was watching the end of the 11/3 debacle. My mood was less than optimistic. In fact, if it weren't so cold outside right now, I'd probably go out and kick the Ponderosa Pine in my front yard.)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately I will be at this game and I smell another blow out loss...I'll then proceed to leave the game as soon as the Suns go up by 20. End rant.

The suns run and control pace better then we do. They will give us the oppourtunity to play small but do it better than us. Karl will fall for that and this could be another loss wrapped up in an entertaining package where rondo and rudy get some efficient scoring numbers up.

Our best hope is Ben rocks up and WCS has a block party

gunks

Hall of Famer
I wanna give Karl a chance too. He was a great coach back in his day.

But what he's doing with Cuz is bad. Playing at the fastest pace in the league, without bothering with defense or taking care of the ball is bad. His rotations are bad.

The roster is full of holes, and the players aren't familiar with each other yet, so things can still click for us some games down the line.... but it's the approach to this roster and our superstar player that have folk irked.

Anyways, on to the next one! Still 78 games left to play!

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Or instead of playing small go big. Rondo, Rudy, Omri, WCS, Kosta. Position less doesn't mean they have to be 6'5 or under
I don't know about that, but playing small at PG/SG isn't working. Switching screens has been the most effective means of defending for them, but when they go small you have a Rondo on Pierce situation on your hands.

I'd go with Rondo, Anderson, Omri, Gay, and Koufos and switch everything but Koufos' matchup. Go big if you have to, but maybe the switch lineup starts out hot.

seriously! Already! we have lost but to two great Teams. The Suns game is one we need but having the coach on the hot seat aren't we over that? We got a hof coach we need more than a season imo
Jesus h jones! There's only like 10 posts in this thread. We were talking about next year and in the following post I advocated giving karl time to work with this roster!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Or instead of playing small go big. Rondo, Rudy, Omri, WCS, Kosta. Position less doesn't mean they have to be 6'5 or under
I was actually thinking instead of small, go smallER. The Suns would most definitely be confused with 5 guards running & fast pacing around for a quarter. It's a sure-fire road to new, improved, and winning basketball. ;)

Mind set. The season hasn't started yet. We are six and four. We face our next game, second of back-to-backs w/out our best scorer and best rebounder. Another chance to sort out our role players, our defenders, our rebounders, our scores. Important time with only three games left before season starts. Go Kings.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Reality check time. As I write this, word is that DMC won't even make the road trip to Phoenix. Since he was the only one who seemed to show much heart or interest against the Grizzlies, even from the bench, I have to wonder what we'll see against the Suns.

My mantra for a long time was heart and hustle, effort and energy. I absolutely DEMAND it and am disgusted that I did not see it against Memphis.

I don't blame the coach any more than I blame any one player. It's a collective failing. I guess the only "good" thing to come from the Grizzlies game is that we got to see Seth Curry and Eric Moreland for a bit.

With our luck, Lauren Holzkamp will be officiating.

(Disclaimer: This game intro was written while I was watching the end of the 11/3 debacle. My mood was less than optimistic. In fact, if it weren't so cold outside right now, I'd probably go out and kick the Ponderosa Pine in my front yard.)
Agreed. No excuse for not getting back on D.