[Game] Clippers @ Kings - 10/28 - 7 p.m. PT/10 p.m. ET

Since there is no game thread, I wanted to point out that it looks like Kufos is starting tomorrow, not WCS. I don't have a link, it was on the Kings Facebook page, George Karl quotes.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Since there is no game thread, I wanted to point out that it looks like Kufos is starting tomorrow, not WCS. I don't have a link, it was on the Kings Facebook page, George Karl quotes.
I interpret this as Cuz being PF..... which means 3s and TOs!

Joy!

On topic: 23.5 hours to go! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Makes sense, WCS doesn't really match up right now with Griffin/Deandre. Deandre would just out power him and Blake would get him in foul trouble.

WCS should be starting, not Koufos. More balanced that way
I think he will start soon, just not a good matchup in with 2 of 3 against Clippers. Clippers play Josh Smith at the 5 off the bench, so Willie could conceivably come in with the bench unit and make a difference. I imagine Karl will use Collison, Bellinelli, Ben or Anderson, Casspi, WCS as the bench unit with maybe one of Cuz or Gay always thrown in there if he doesn't want to go 10 deep and keep the rotation at eight or nine bodies.

I would like Anderson to start, he is more sound defensively than Ben and Reddick always torches Ben with his off ball movement. Anderson did a very good job containing Danny Green in the pre season, similar assignment here.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
why no Cauley Stein starting? I don't like this. Can't say I am surprised however. Cousins....no threes please, I think that would be too much to ask though.

Sean Cunningham ‏@SeanCunningham 8h8 hours ago
George Karl Likely starting Kosta Koufos: 'I don't think Willie Cauley-Stein should be indoctrinated into the NBA by covering Blake Griffin'
Yup cause Koufos can stay in front of Griffin. And I don't wanna even here about DMC guarding him just put WCS on him and let's go.

Gay will have a field day on these guys they have nobody to guard him. I also like our bench vs there's Crawford/Rivers stand 0 chance vs Collison/Marco.

The biggest question for me will be when the Clipps go to a zone defense on the Kings what will they do? And by they I mean the Clipps when Cuz is draining 3's all night long!

We start Anderson and I predict everyone on here will be calling for a change within 10 games. What marginal positives he offers in relation to Ben isn't worth the sacrificed upside.
Stop it. If we start Anderson... we're clearly preferring stability and vet leadership to start the season. Even if he starts 25 games... I just really don't care. Ben will play and get his chances. Start Koufos, start Anderson, fine.

Stop it. If we start Anderson... we're clearly preferring stability and vet leadership to start the season. Even if he starts 25 games... I just really don't care. Ben will play and get his chances. Start Koufos, start Anderson, fine.
First, knock it off with the "stop it". It's condescending and unneeded.

We have "vets" starting at 4 other positions. I don't see that as a huge need at the 2. We need defense and shooting-and over the course their careers Anderson hasn't been a big upgrade there. And there had been plenty of posts on here demonstrating the lack of stability/consistency that Anderson has brought over his career. If Anderson starts and Marco plays, Ben isn't playing much unless we plan to go really small and use one of those guys as a backup 3 with casspi at the 4.

This is the first year in bens short career where we aren't stuck playing him 30+ minutes a night but I think there's very limited upside to giving his minutes to a career "meh" player in Anderson.

Tough game. Clippers are a deep, experienced team. We will lose, if we try to outgun them from 3.
Bring Jordan in foul trouble and the only big body they have is Aldridge. We would have a clear advantage inside with our length.
And for the love of god dont turn the ball over and let them run.....

dude12

Hall of Famer

We have "vets" starting at 4 other positions. I don't see that as a huge need at the 2. We need defense and shooting-and over the course their careers Anderson hasn't been a big upgrade there. And there had been plenty of posts on here demonstrating the lack of stability/consistency that Anderson has brought over his career. If Anderson starts and Marco plays, Ben isn't playing much unless we plan to go really small and use one of those guys as a backup 3 with casspi at the 4.

This is the first year in bens short career where we aren't stuck playing him 30+ minutes a night but I think there's very limited upside to giving his minutes to a career "meh" player in Anderson.
Your original post in a game thread is probably misplaced. I'm with Hammer on this one....irregardless of how one feels for Ben or Anderson. If they start Anderson, then Karl thinks for that game it's the best option. If they start Ben, then I hope Ben does well.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
If Anderson starts tonight, we'd better trade McLemore tomorrow, because we've officially wasted yet another draft pick. This team is not going to have a rotation of three shooting guards, especially when Karl plans to play Rondo and Collison together for stretches.

Anderson is a bum. He's always been a bum, and he's always going to be a bum. But, that's neither here nor there because, bum or not, he might actually be the better fit for the starting lineup. If Karl genuinely believes that Anderson is the better fit then, fine, start him. But, let's be real: if McLemore is pulled out of the starting lineup, he becomes the fifth guard in a four-guard rotation. And, if that's the case, you might as well try to get something out of him now, rather than let him rot on the bench. You can get some other bum at the league minimum to wave a towel.

Your original post in a game thread is probably misplaced. I'm with Hammer on this one....irregardless of how one feels for Ben or Anderson. If they start Anderson, then Karl thinks for that game it's the best option. If they start Ben, then I hope Ben does well.
How was it misplaced. I was responding to other posts about Anderson starting over Ben.

If Anderson starts tonight, we'd better trade McLemore tomorrow, because we've officially wasted yet another draft pick. This team is not going to have a rotation of three shooting guards, especially when Karl plans to play Rondo and Collison together for stretches.

Anderson is a bum. He's always been a bum, and he's always going to be a bum. But, that's neither here nor there because, bum or not, he might actually be the better fit for the starting lineup. If Karl genuinely believes that Anderson is the better fit then, fine, start him. But, let's be real: if McLemore is pulled out of the starting lineup, he becomes the fifth guard in a four-guard rotation. And, if that's the case, you might as well try to get something out of him now, rather than let him rot on the bench. You can get some other bum at the league minimum to wave a towel.
If Anderson is the guy then absolutely, you deal Ben ASAP. Because we know Belinelli is getting his minutes. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Marco plays the majority of minutes at SG despite coming off the bench.

And McLemore's value would plummet with every game he spends on the bench getting spot duty or racking up DNP-CDs.

What if he replaces "stop it" with "stop what you're doin', cause I'm about to ruin, the image and the style that you're used to"?

S

sactownfan

I interpret this as Cuz being PF..... which means 3s and TOs!

Joy!

On topic: 23.5 hours to go! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Anthony Davis looked good hanging around the perimeter jacking 3's last night. 0-everything and his team got crushed... Green was just too tough a match up down low hahahaha...that's a game Anthony Davis can win by himself if he get hot and in a zone down low...GS can't guard him... But he took himself out of it.