Rudy probable for Pelicans game (updated)

if everyone plays tomorrow this is a game i very much expect our team to win. We were good against the Pelicans last year, winning 3 of 4 and the loss was a close one IIRC, and i think it's clear our team has gotten better than last year

Well that stinks ! We would have had a much better chance against the Pelicans with Rudy, but I still believe we can beat them without Gay if they get contributions from McLemore and whoever else has a hot hand

I can't find anywhere its being reported that he is likely out. It only says questionable.
You are correct. Whoever made the thread title just assumed the worst. And with the Achilles being a reoccurring problem from last year it's probably safe to assume they will rest him until it is 100%

First time getting to watch a Pelicans game all the way through. Knew Davis was damn special, but he's very much like Cuz in the sense that he puts up stupidly good numbers without you even realizing it. It's absolutely like watching a prime KG

Reke looks good, but I don't understand what's happened to his lay-up game. That was his one elite skill growing up with us and it looks like it's totally disappeared. He's settled in to that Point-Forward role really well though.

The Pelicans should be a very good team on the paper. Besides Davis, who is really good, they have a tough center in Asik and a phenomenal 3pt shooter in Anderson. Evans, Holiday and Gordon are a good supporting cast. Thinking about match ups, Cuz should take Asik and JT takes Davis. In case Rudy is out, Casspi appears to be the best candidate to try to keep Anderson from shooting and Ben Mac may be the best on Evans. Asik seems to play limited minutes, which may enable JT and Cuz to take turns in keeping Davis away from the rim. But it's not only Davis. They are a good 3pt shooting team. IMHO this game is winnable even if Rudy is out.

First time getting to watch a Pelicans game all the way through. Knew Davis was damn special, but he's very much like Cuz in the sense that he puts up stupidly good numbers without you even realizing it. It's absolutely like watching a prime KG

Reke looks good, but I don't understand what's happened to his lay-up game. That was his one elite skill growing up with us and it looks like it's totally disappeared. He's settled in to that Point-Forward role really well though.
I think I made a much mocked comment that he's more athletic than a prime KG. Much debated, but he's already putting up numbers right there with peaking KG. And vastly better as a shot blocker. Not quite the rebounder but still elite.

KG wasn't anywhere near this at 21.

In case Gay is not going to dress up for this game I believe that Derrick Williams should be the starter, and my reason is pretty much plain and simple, Casspi is obviously looking better than D-Will thus far, but if Casspi will start the second group will be helpless, no one will be able to make the extra pass and give some spirit and enthusiasm.

I believe that if D-Will is going to start nothing major will happen to our starting unit, most balls will simply go to Cousins, Ben and of course Collison, D-Will will probably be the last option and it's OK.

Casspi should come of the bench but obviously play more minutes than D-Will, I believe Casspi should help the second unit as much as he can so our second unit will be pretty much equal to our opponent second unit, and then coach Malone will incorporate him in the starting unit rotation instead of D-Will.

Casspi might start tonight unless Gay is playing of course, but if he will, it might mean that the Kings second unit won't be able to compete with the Pelicans second unit.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
In case Gay is not going to dress up for this game I believe that Derrick Williams should be the starter, and my reason is pretty much plain and simple, Casspi is obviously looking better than D-Will thus far, but if Casspi will start the second group will be helpless, no one will be able to make the extra pass and give some spirit and enthusiasm.

I believe that if D-Will is going to start nothing major will happen to our starting unit, most balls will simply go to Cousins, Ben and of course Collison, D-Will will probably be the last option and it's OK.

Casspi should come of the bench but obviously play more minutes than D-Will, I believe Casspi should help the second unit as much as he can so our second unit will be pretty much equal to our opponent second unit, and then coach Malone will incorporate him in the starting unit rotation instead of D-Will.

Casspi might start tonight unless Gay is playing of course, but if he will, it might mean that the Kings second unit won't be able to compete with the Pelicans second unit.
I will risk the wrath of the forum and say this makes sense. ;)

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan

D-Will is a lost cause on defense, there is a higher chance of Cousins/JT (if he plays) getting into foul trouble due to rotations being forced by penetration from guards. We see it time and time again when Sessions enters the game and the opposing guards cause havoc on our bigmen/defensive rotations.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The peril of the 24-hour news cycle, and the importance that people in this era place on being 'first' rather than being right.
I'm old school. I was taught to verify and get two different sources. Bryan May and some of the other journalists are pretty good about this. They may not always get two sources but they make sure their primary source is golden. Some of the other "journalists" out there are too busy playing Angry Birds or trying to get retweets from celebrities to bother to check the facts.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm old school. I was taught to verify and get two different sources. Bryan May and some of the other journalists are pretty good about this. They may not always get two sources but they make sure their primary source is golden.
I'm going to go out on a limb, and guess that STR doesn't have near as much journalistic integrity as that. But, hey, it's 2014: you can just 'update' the story, and everything is cool. You don't even have to acknowledge that you got it wrong.