[Game] Game 9: Sacramento Kings @ Memphis Grizzlies, 11/13/14

The best cure for a headcold:

• Total voters
I hate ranting and raving about the refs but they turned the momentum in the early 4th with their bull $(:) technical on cousins. Then another lane violation.
How does a guy walking away from the refs not saying anything get a technical foul!?!? Then the last call with the balls trajectory obviously changing and the refs focus in on the worst angle. All that I'm thinking about right now is donagheys book focusing on how the refs would gather and speak to how they were going to change any games momentum.

I'm clearly not the only one here that hates Jason Thompson. I can't even look at him on the court without sheer disgust. Over $6 million per for that guy. Worthless. And hey Ben, how about you sink ONE free throw. Sick to my stomach.

Well, the ball was tipped and most of all you can't win on that kind of shot in under four tenths of a second IIRC.
Well, they must have changed that rule because it was pretty clear he "caught" the ball....I'm pretty sure the referees could see that and wouldn't have counted it if that was the rule.

if the coach wants to win he has to play Cousins if he played Cousins the whole time until he fouled out..I think we could have remained composed

gunks

Hall of Famer
Checked the box score midway through the 2nd quarter (I didnt watch the game, thankfully)....Thought to myself "how are we losing this one?"

Sometimes you have to laugh keep from crying!

For real though... This team will figure out how to win eventually. We have the talent to kick butt, we just need to get over that psychological hump that all young up and coming teams have to go through.

I think we're really going to start taking names once we get to play a few home games....Build that confidence.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
To put things in perspective, the Donte to JT out of bounds lob to end the 3rd quarter against the Knicks five or so years ago took .6 seconds.

I beg your pardon? "Forget the blown 26 point lead"? Like hell. To want to act like a blown twenty-six point lead amounts to one play is incredibly facile.
It's not uncommon for home teams to come back from 20+ points especially when that lead was in the 1st quarter. For not one defender to be in the vicinity in the rim with 0.3 s left is unforgivable.

K

KingMilz

The exact same thing has occured two games in a row, we dominate when he's not in foul trouble and than he commit silly fouls and we lose, how is that "horse manure". Him and JT just can't not foul in critical times of the game, I have never seen anything like it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I agree! This is a character builder. We are an up and comming team against a playoff vetran team. We will start to roll in the next few games. Playoffs... watch out for the Kings!
If we get through November at around .500 winning percentage, things could get a lot easier.

The exact same thing has occured two games in a row, we dominate when he's not in foul trouble and than he commit silly fouls and we lose, how is that "horse manure". Him and JT just can't not foul in critical times of the game, I have never seen anything like it.
Some of the calls on Cousins are complete bullcrap. See the technical for an example. He gets treated unlike any other player in the league

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It's not uncommon for home teams to come back from 20+ points especially when that lead was in the 1st quarter. For not one defender to be in the vicinity in the rim with 0.3 s left is unforgivable.
We had a twenty-plus point lead in the third quarter. That is decidedly less common, and carries no greater level of 'forgivability'.

What Thompson did was galactically stupid, but to act like that's the reason we lost is just making excuses.

(a) I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but this is one game out of 82. (b) The ball was tipped, the clock started late. We won the game even if the record won't reflect it. I think that matters a little bit. It does to me anyway. (c) Letting Memphis score 109 points on us is an embarrassment. This is a team that averages 95 points per game. You give up 109 points to Memphis, you deserve to lose. I hope these guys take this in the gut because they earned it. Yes we should have won, but this isn't about the refs screwing us over it's about our complete collapse on defense after the first quarter for the second game in a row.
It could be a win to you but if it is not reflected, it ****s up our team chemistry and morale for the rest of the season