Yet again. Which way to go

Annual which way do we go

• Total voters

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
A distinction without a difference. 50% is better than 14%
This doesn't change the fact that David Robinson was not drafted under rules where the the worst team automatically got the overall #1 pick (as you claimed previously), nor was he drafted under rules where there was a coin flip between the teams with the worst records in each conference, as you intimate here. He was drafted under rules where each team in the lottery was given an equal chance to get the top 3 picks (envelope system) and then the picks 4 and on were by reverse order of record of the remaining teams. In that draft, the Spurs had the 4th-worst record in the league, but were a full 16 games in front of the Clippers, who had the worst record.

I don't understand why when people make an assertion and it turns out to be wrong, that they insist on doubling down on their error instead of simply acknowledging their mistake.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
This doesn't change the fact that David Robinson was not drafted under rules where the the worst team automatically got the overall #1 pick (as you claimed previously), nor was he drafted under rules where there was a coin flip between the teams with the worst records in each conference, as you intimate here. He was drafted under rules where each team in the lottery was given an equal chance to get the top 3 picks (envelope system) and then the picks 4 and on were by reverse order of record of the remaining teams. In that draft, the Spurs had the 4th-worst record in the league, but were a full 16 games in front of the Clippers, who had the worst record.

I don't understand why when people make an assertion and it turns out to be wrong, that they insist on doubling down on their error instead of simply acknowledging their mistake.
GREAT! "EQUAL CHANCE" >>>> 14% FREAKING PERCENT. RIGHT, MR MATH? Are you going to tell me that 14% should be the basis on which devise a strategy for getting better? You're better off in Las Vegas, for gawds sake. If not, then all that malarkey above is irrelevant drivel. I don't understand people who look at minor details and miss the truck headed right for them.

Does he though? We got him for Cory Joseph. That’s some bottom-tier value right there. And he isn’t exactly lighting the world on fire in ATL either.
Funny thing is that he would be 4th on our team in VORP despite playing limited minutes and averaging 3.7ppg. The guy just has an impact on the court and he has good metrics nearly every year. Just an all around solid player.

I know people discredit him due to who we traded to get him but if you traded someone a 92 Tercel for a 2019 Camry, that doesn't mean your Camry is only as valuable as a Tercel. You won the trade. Don't downgrade right back to where you were in the first place.

GREAT! "EQUAL CHANCE" >>>> 14% FREAKING PERCENT. RIGHT, MR MATH? Are you going to tell me that 14% should be the basis on which devise a strategy for getting better? You're better off in Las Vegas, for gawds sake. If not, then all that malarkey above is irrelevant drivel. I don't understand people who look at minor details and miss the truck headed right for them.
Except a top 5 pick is not 14%. It’s 55.3 if you finish say 4th.

Funny thing is that he would be 4th on our team in VORP despite playing limited minutes and averaging 3.7ppg. The guy just has an impact on the court and he has good metrics nearly every year. Just an all around solid player.

I know people discredit him due to who we traded to get him but if you traded someone a 92 Tercel for a 2019 Camry, that doesn't mean your Camry is only as valuable as a Tercel. You won the trade. Don't downgrade right back to where you were in the first place.
Don’t forget we also gave up 2 seconds for Wright. Good teams like Memphis make use of their seconds.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Your original statement was incorrect. Your followup was incorrect. You have now tripled down instead of just admitting you got it wrong because you didn't check first. Go ahead, man, you do you.