What is the expection for next year?

That it would be exciting to watch the younger players compete, not Temple throwing up missed shots. Cousins years were ten times better than this year to watch.
Minutes From ESPN Game Logs:

PLAYER......Season............Jan.........Feb
WCS .............27.3. ..........30.5 ......28.3
BOGS.............27.2 ..........30.3 ......29.8
FOX ...............27.0 ..........30.1 ......29.3
BUDDY ...........23.9 ..........26.2 ......21.5
JACKSON........18.7 ..........18.0 ......27.0
MASON ..........18.6 ..........OUT ......OUT
SKAL ..............18.0 ..........23.5 ......OUT

I don’t know, that looks like a pretty good allotment of minutes to the young guys since the first of the year. You have to remember, none of these guys (except Bogdanovic), even the 2nd and 3rd year guys have played consistently a lot of minutes before this season. For the true rookies, it’s a big step up from college. Some of them, even Bogs are starting to “hit the wall”, hence a slight downturn in minutes in February for the top 5.

Buddy seems to be settling into that 6th man role and his lower minutes may reflect that. He has made some progress in his defense, but leaves something to be desired, yet. If he improves more defensively he could compete more as a starter.

An argument could be made for playing Jackson and Skal more, but there is also something to be said for earning your minutes and not just having them handed to you.

I think Jackson is really showing some good progress the last month as shown by his increase in minutes in February.

Skal may have also seen an uptick in his minutes if not for the shoulder injury, although he is still a work in progress on both ends of the floor.

Mason if healthy would probably have taken a lot of Hill and Temple's minutes the last two months.

Personally, I have enjoyed watching the young guys grow. It’s going to be at their own pace, not the pace driven by fan’s expectations. I expect to continue to enjoy watching them the rest of this season. I hate to tell you this, but next year is going to be very similar to this season, lots of growing pains with the current core of young players as well as integrating two or more more new players into the rotation. The good new is that the vets, who ever remains, should see fewer minutes than this year.

Last edited:
You obviously don't pay attention to some of the posters here. They like to speculate on how many NBA MVP awards a current 10-year-old prep in Modesto is going to win, exactly what draft pick we will get in the 2021 NBA draft (because, you know, Vlade is inept I guess), how a massive 10-team trade is going to land their favorite player and 3 first round picks in our laps, etc., etc. Best to just ignore the silliness. They just like to get WAY ahead of themselves and unnecessarily complicate things for whatever reason. I don't get it.
Well in that case my expectation is CHAMPIONSHIP!:cool: