VF KingsFans Official Fantasy Basketball League 2024-2025 Season

This is year TWENTY (23) of the VF KingsFans "Official" Fantasy Basketball League, a weekly scoring league that has been run since before KingsFans was KingsFans, renamed in memory of our legendary and dearly departed moderator VF21.

Traditionally, the league has 16 slots and all of those slots are still open both to returning managers and newbies. However, I would like to ensure that we have sufficient managers taking part this year. I also would like to find a new commissioner, as this is most likely my final year as commish for the league. There were 10 managers last year, and a few indicated they would not be returning this year also.

If you'd like to join the league, just post here in the thread or send me an email at marshallgeoff at gmail dot com. You can also send me a PM, but you might have better luck sending me an email. Please note the following:
  • League membership is limited to current or former KingsFans.com members.
  • Draft time has not yet been set, but would be in October sometime before the season starts.

Here are the most important settings. Let me know if you're curious about any of the others, although we generally keep the same settings every year.

Platform: Yahoo Fantasy Basketball.
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: TBD
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday
Roster Positions: PG, PG, SG, SG, ,SF,SF, PF,PF, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN (if we get more than 8 teams, the positions will be adjusted)
Players Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO
Playoffs: I adjust the number of playoff teams depending on the size of the league. If there are 8-12 teams, we will have 4 playoff teams. For 14 or 16 teams we will have 6 playoff teams.

NOTE: This is a Weekly league, meaning you set your rosters once for the week and cross your fingers for that week.
NOTE 2: I will prioritize board member participation over the league setup. If we have an odd number of managers who wish to participate, then the league will be Rotisserie format to facilitate everyone taking part, until such time as we get an even number to resume the weekly H2H format.

Last edited:
This is year TWENTY (23) of the VF KingsFans "Official" Fantasy Basketball League, a weekly scoring league that has been run since before KingsFans was KingsFans, renamed in memory of our legendary and dearly departed moderator VF21.

Traditionally, the league has 16 slots and all of those slots are still open both to returning managers and newbies. However, I would like to ensure that we have sufficient managers taking part this year. I also would like to find a new commissioner, as this is most likely my final year as commish for the league. There were 10 managers last year, and a few indicated they would not be returning this year also.

If you'd like to join the league, just post here in the thread or send me an email at marshallgeoff at gmail dot com. You can also send me a PM, but you might have better luck sending me an email. Please note the following:
  • League membership is limited to current or former KingsFans.com members.
  • Draft time has not yet been set, but would be in October sometime before the season starts.
  • I have not yet sent invites to returning players, as I want to see if we have a viable number of managers for the year.

Here are the most important settings. Let me know if you're curious about any of the others, although we generally keep the same settings every year.

Platform: Yahoo Fantasy Basketball.
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: TBD
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday
Roster Positions: PG, PG, SG, SG, ,SF,SF, PF,PF, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN (if we get more than 8 teams, the positions will be adjusted)
Players Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO
Playoffs: I adjust the number of playoff teams depending on the size of the league. If there are 8-12 teams, we will have 4 playoff teams. For 14 or 16 teams we will have 6 playoff teams.

NOTE: This is a Weekly league, meaning you set your rosters once for the week and cross your fingers for that week.
NOTE 2: I will prioritize board member participation over the league setup. If we have an odd number of managers who wish to participate, then the league will be Rotisserie format to facilitate everyone taking part, until such time as we get an even number to resume the weekly H2H format.
I am out this season. Thanks.

Dear all,

Unfortunately, the Official KF Fantasy Basketball League will not be renewed this year due to a lack of participation. While this may change if sufficient board members choose to sign up before the NBA season starts on Oct 22, the current situation is that the league will be dormant until next season.