Trade Idea w/ Cavs

since the cavs lost there center for awhile they might need more bigs this trade couold clear up alot of cap isues for the kings
Cleveland Cavaliers

Incoming Players Mikki Moore
Salary: $5,632,200 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.4 REB: 4.2 AST: 0.7 PER: 9.20
Shelden Williams
Salary: $3,395,760 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.7 REB: 2.4 AST: 0.2 PER: 16.57
Brad Miller
Salary: $11,375,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 11.9 REB: 7.9 AST: 3.6 PER: 15.99

Outgoing Players: Anderson Varejao, Wally Szczerbiak
Sacramento Kings

Incoming Players
Anderson Varejao
Salary: $5,784,480 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 9.2 REB: 7.2 AST: 1.0 PER: 16.99
Wally Szczerbiak
Salary: $13,775,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 6.4 REB: 2.5 AST: 0.9 PER: 10.98

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Why do the Cavs do this?
Presumably the Cavs do it to get Brad Miller now that Ilgauskas is out for a bit, like the poster said. The big question is why do the Kings do it? Shelden is gone at the end of the year, Mikki can be cut with only about $2M guaranteed. Can we not get a better return on Brad than this? No pick, no kid? Even weak rumors that the Blazers might be willing to part with Bayless in a Miller deal offer enough hope to hold on to Miller in hopes of something in return.

i thought this up because both guys we will be getting back would be gone at the end of the year free up some money for next year also this trade would give us anouther trading piece wally is expiring and still decent some team might like him for a 6th man we could get youngins for him

Gary

All-Star
So we trade a "trading piece" for another?

Doesn't make much sense to do that trade from the Kings POV unless you are trying to free up time for younger players. But even if that's so you have Varejao who will try to get some time.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So we trade a "trading piece" for another?
Moreover, I think it would be a case of trading a decent trading piece for a not-so-decent trading piece. I don't think it would be productive on those lines.

Doesn't make much sense to do that trade from the Kings POV unless you are trying to free up time for younger players. But even if that's so you have Varejao who will try to get some time.
We would be sending away 3 bigs, including both current "starters" in this case, so our bigs would be down to Hawes,Thompson,Varejao and KT. Unless KT continues to get 24 minutes, it seems it would open up some playing time for Hawes/Thompson regardless of how much we were to give Varejao. I suppose there's something there.

Still, I'll say it again: we should hold off trading Brad until we can get P&K for him.