SKAL BACK

Hassan Whiteside says hello.
Whiteside was 2 years younger than Skal when he joined Miami. I’ve got nothing against him, I liked him initially and would obviously love to see him do well, but placing him in that kind of level for expectations is going to disappoint you in the long run and also make you dislike him for never achieving that level. I’m not sure if there ever was that kind of recovery in the history of the league like the one Whiteside accomplished and if there was, there would be a handful of players at best.

Skal is a good dude with lots of good skills, but he’s a backup big man at best at this point. He won’t do well if anyone expects great things, his personal history would indicate he struggles with high expectations.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....serve-the-decline-of-skal-labissiere.amp.html

Whiteside was 2 years younger than Skal when he joined Miami. I’ve got nothing against him, I liked him initially and would obviously love to see him do well, but placing him in that kind of level for expectations is going to disappoint you in the long run and also make you dislike him for never achieving that level. I’m not sure if there ever was that kind of recovery in the history of the league like the one Whiteside accomplished and if there was, there would be a handful of players at best.

Skal is a good dude with lots of good skills, but he’s a backup big man at best at this point. He won’t do well if anyone expects great things, his personal history would indicate he struggles with high expectations.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....serve-the-decline-of-skal-labissiere.amp.html
I don't think anyone is expecting great things. The point is that he has a lot of talent,....too much talent to write off as not having a chance to make an NBA rotation

I haven't seen anyone hoping he's going to be an all-star. We're (most on here) are giving him a chance to make the rotation or otherwise play meaningful minutes. Personally, I think there's a decent chance he's a good NBA player.

The policing of other people's expectations is one of my least favorite parts of this board. Asserting we are hindering him by hoping he can be good strikes me as not grounded in reality.

I haven't seen anyone hoping he's going to be an all-star. We're (most on here) are giving him a chance to make the rotation or otherwise play meaningful minutes. Personally, I think there's a decent chance he's a good NBA player.

The policing of other people's expectations is one of my least favorite parts of this board. Asserting we are hindering him by hoping he can be good strikes me as not grounded in reality.
Not policing anything or anyone. You are entitled to your thoughts as am I. I just remember how he was when he first entered the league and if we are to extract as much out of him as he has to offer, then we need to go slowly with him (from an organizational standpoint). From a fan standpoint, all I wanted to do was to caution against overly high expectations because the downside to that is it’s easy to begin to dislike the player if said expectations are not met. As I said, it’s never been about a lack of talent for Skal, it’s the intangibles and between the ears. Lots of luck to him, I would like to see him do well, but he’s going to have to earn it.

I don't think anyone is expecting great things. The point is that he has a lot of talent,....too much talent to write off as not having a chance to make an NBA rotation
Not writing him off completely, but he may have the steepest climb of all for a spot on the roster. It won’t be easy for him.

Not policing anything or anyone. You are entitled to your thoughts as am I. I just remember how he was when he first entered the league and if we are to extract as much out of him as he has to offer, then we need to go slowly with him (from an organizational standpoint). From a fan standpoint, all I wanted to do was to caution against overly high expectations because the downside to that is it’s easy to begin to dislike the player if said expectations are not met. As I said, it’s never been about a lack of talent for Skal, it’s the intangibles and between the ears. Lots of luck to him, I would like to see him do well, but he’s going to have to earn it.
Yeah all of the bolded is completely ridiculous. Nobody needs you to manage their emotional life as a fan bro. You do you.

Not writing him off completely, but he may have the steepest climb of all for a spot on the roster. It won’t be easy for him.
It's not going to be easy for someone like Queta either. Everyone has to earn it, which kind of goes without saying. If McNair and Brown see some things they like, he will get a good chance. I'm assuming that has already happened, which is why they signed him

It's not going to be easy for someone like Queta either. Everyone has to earn it, which kind of goes without saying. If McNair and Brown see some things they like, he will get a good chance. I'm assuming that has already happened, which is why they signed him
Sure he’s worth a look but he hasn’t played an NBA game in 4 years. I believe we signed Queta so he’s got a guaranteed spot, but what he does with that will depend on him. Right now, Skal is far behind Noel, Len, and Queta on the depth chart. Great low risk but potentially high reward if it pans out with Skal. I thought I read a rumor he was going to G League?

Sure he’s worth a look but he hasn’t played an NBA game in 4 years. I believe we signed Queta so he’s got a guaranteed spot, but what he does with that will depend on him. Right now, Skal is far behind Noel, Len, and Queta on the depth chart. Great low risk but potentially high reward if it pans out with Skal. I thought I read a rumor he was going to G League?
Queta does not have a guaranteed spot he has a partially guar contract just like Nerlans Noel