Should we even talk about it?

I just watched the Raiders lose, then like everyone else, miss the first couple of min because the race car thing, listen to Ann Meyers go on and on about how Leslie is the greatest thing since sliced bread, listen to Greg Anthony go on and on making no sense, to only watch the Monarchs sail farther and farther away from any playoff hopes they have--or had should I say.

No offense + defense that left a lot to be desired = a bad Sunday afternoon.

To be honest I turned the channel after Demaya got her second (I believe) offensive foul of the game. Something has to give. Conventional wisdom would tell you that this team is more talented, that their sheer desire to win is greater than the last 3 losses-heck than the 16 losses this season. But as is the case in sports and what has been an WNBA season filled parity and the unknown, I honestly don't know what to expect anymore.

I'm an optimistic person. I don't know if its even possible (#'s wise) anymore for the team to make something out of what has been a difficult season, but I'm not giving up hope.3 games. A bittersweet end to a season that could have been, the personification of the writing on the wall, or just what we never could have imagined, who knows?

what happened today?

6th said:
Arghhhhhhh!! I was taught that if I had nothing nice to say....say nothing at all. :mad:
DITTO! Although I will say that I was dissapointed in the whole monarchs team today.:(

anyway, Happy Birthday Lady Grooms:cool:

Last edited:
I was only able to watch the 2nd half...I guess that was enough....

I'm not really sure what to say either.....I was hoping they would really get that they must have the killer instinct to be able to get into the playoffs. I'm just not seein' it in this team - try as they might. The Sparks are on a mission and it really shows.

The Comets are eliminated already - wow.....sorry Mr 4Play...:(
So....I WILL submit my playoff ticket form tomorrow as a show of confidence and hope they will get my positive vibe.....

I'll start by wishing Lady a happy birthday as well....

I could be a pessimist and say that given what I've seen of this team since they left San Antonio, I don't see any reason to believe that they will make the playoffs. Mathematically its still possible but I don't see how they can. They have to win all 3 games and I just don't see Houston rolling over to this team twice in a row. Unless Swoopes doesn't come back, and even then this team has not shown that they can consistently take care of business when the odds are in their favor.

I only made it through the first half, and just a smidge into the 2nd half. I kept the radio on in the background as I channel surfed to check on my fantasy players and took my afternoon nap.

I probably will try to be positive and send in my ticket order form but its not as if I believe I'll actually use the tickets to actually go to a game.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I think that what stinks most about this loss is that the Monarchs are no longer in control of their own destiny; yeah, it's still mathematically possible to make the playoffs, but we're going need a lot of help.

Last edited: