sacbee: other kings news

the whole article is right here.

Christie said he and Fox long ago put their feud behind them, a fracas in which Fox chased after Christie in the Staples Center tunnel after they got into it on the floor.

"We never had a problem after that," Christie said Friday. "We'd say hello at games. No question it was a heat-of-the moment thing. It was unfortunate that ever happened."

Fox agreed during one of his last Arco Arena visits, in February 2003 when, after helping defeat the Kings with some late shooting, he told The Bee, "It really was unfortunate what happened. Some think it heightened the rivalry, but it actually mired it. I was glad to move beyond that."

More Fox

Fox in recent years also offered biting opinions on Stojakovic, including this one last season, "Peja is the best shooter in the league right now. But is he the best since Larry Bird?"No. I think you've got to make them in the playoffs, too. ... There are a lot of good shooters, who, when pressured, become stress shooters, and that changes mechanics and the tiniest things in the shot."

Not again!

At least three Kings players said they detest media day, the annual event in which players are paraded through the practice facility for photo shoots and five-minute interviews the day before training camp opens.Some grumbled as if they were being marched into the dentist's office, not realizing that the Sacramento media treatment is among the softest and tamest in the NBA.

Said Bobby Jackson with a grin: "I hate media day ... 'cause I have to talk to you (expletives)."

Said Brad Miller with a slight smile: "This is my least favorite day of the season."

Said Chris Webber with no smile: "I know you guys come out here with whatever agenda you have and try to blow everything I say into something else. Why would you like to be on a stage where anything you say can and will be used against you?"

Jumpers

Stojakovic has a young son now, Andrej, and rest has become a rumor.When asked if he gets much sleep these days, Stojakovic replied, "Tough question. When the baby sleeps, I sleep."

* Miller insisted there will be no chemistry woes with Stojakovic this season, at least from his end, never mind Stojakovic's stance that he'd rather be traded.

"I'm not going to sit there and say, I'm not going to pass the ball to Peja because he wants to be traded," Miller said. "I'm going to set a harder pick for him, get him more open, try to do a lot of things to make the game easier for him, make it so this is where he wants to be. ... We want him to be here."

* To be honest, Rick Adelman would rather work with his team in Natomas than across the globe for two games in China. "Obviously, I have no desire to go to China," the Kings' coach said. "That trip is in the middle of training camp, and when we get back, we play a game right away in Fresno (against the Lakers). But our team is looked at around the world as one that people like to watch. That's a compliment."

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
"I'm not going to sit there and say, I'm not going to pass the ball to Peja because he wants to be traded," Miller said. "I'm going to set a harder pick for him, get him more open, try to do a lot of things to make the game easier for him, make it so this is where he wants to be. ... We want him to be here."

Have I menioned lately how much I like Miller?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
* To be honest, Rick Adelman would rather work with his team in Natomas than across the globe for two games in China. "Obviously, I have no desire to go to China," the Kings' coach said. "That trip is in the middle of training camp, and when we get back, we play a game right away in Fresno (against the Lakers). But our team is looked at around the world as one that people like to watch. That's a compliment."
Sorry, overseas fans, but I totally and completely agree. The Kings need to work together, especially with players returning from injury, new players, etc. They don't need to take a very long, tiring trip to China to promote the NBA. If Stern wants to expand the NBA reach, why not create some kind of traveling team set-up to make goodwill tours during the off-season?

LMM said:
the whole article is right here.
Now I really really really love Miller.

LMM said:
Christie said he and Fox long ago put their feud behind them, a fracas in which Fox chased after Christie in the Staples Center tunnel after they got into it on the floor.

"We never had a problem after that," Christie said Friday. "We'd say hello at games. No question it was a heat-of-the moment thing. It was unfortunate that ever happened."
I don't think any of the Kings thought that it was unfortunate.
I think Christie wouldn't be really that unhappey abt it either ;)