QO not extended to Ford, Slawson, or Edwards

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I thought Slawson would get a second year. But I guess writing was on the wall when we signed the other two ways.

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
I knew Slawson was out with the Crawford signing.

Slawson seemed too far away from an NBA position for a 4 year college player.

I like that Monte uses his second rounders and undrafted free agent signings to get a look at unheralded upperclassmen players with good length for their positions. You can usually tell after a season if they are worth keeping around any longer.

Slawson wasn’t.

Keon Ellis showed pretty quickly that he was worth keeping around.

Now time for Crawford and Jones. It’s exciting because you know Monte expects to see something from these guys pretty quickly due to their experience. The two ways guys aren’t viewed as filler

Kessler doesn’t seem too far away but it’s clear he wasn’t a favorite. With some of the injuries the Kings had there should’ve been stretches where Kessler played big minutes for several games. He was always a last resort option. His shot hasn’t come around consistently at any level.

Plus, they’re likely going to add somebody better than Kessler for his role. Or they must add players like Kessler that are better than Kessler.

Dang. I thought Kessler Edwards would take a "great leap forward" last season, but instead it was Keon Ellis, who was like a horse that comes from the middle of the pack to win the Kentucky Derby. Edwards did appear in 54 games, but only averaged 5.1 minutes. I hope someone else gives him a shot. Speaking of shots, his FG% was better than Chris Duarte's and his 3P% was third on the team at 38.5%.

I would’ve liked another year from Slawson but win now is just that. Gotta make sacrifices in another time Sasha and Slaw might have developed with us. Can’t do that right now give Fox what he wants then it’s on him. I suspect he didn’t sign an extension because he wants to see if Monte and Brown can put together a winner. It’s Sunday Monte why the crickets pitter patter let’s get at her.

Last edited:
Gave up too fast on Edward's IMO.
I'm not sure how it all works but there's a chance he could come back at some point. I pointed it out a few days ago, get ready because Slawson and Edwards were on the chopping block. That or they let Len walk. They chose Len. With all of them on the cap sheet in the form of cap holds, Monte wasn't actually UNDER the luxury tax yet. Now, the Kings are.

Kessler Edwards has signed a two-way contract with the Dallas Mavericks. Good luck, Kessler!

It's always annoying when news articles point out his per-game production when he might only have played for between 30 seconds and five minutes in any one game. Let's see if Jason Kidd gives him more opportunity than Mike Brown did these past two seasons.

As a two-way player, Edwards will earn a minimum $578,577. Safe to say, that is more than most folks here make in a year.

Kessler Edwards has signed a two-way contract with the Dallas Mavericks. Good luck, Kessler!

It's always annoying when news articles point out his per-game production when he might only have played for between 30 seconds and five minutes in any one game. Let's see if Jason Kidd gives him more opportunity than Mike Brown did these past two seasons.

As a two-way player, Edwards will earn a minimum $578,577. Safe to say, that is more than most folks here make in a year.
Not gonna cry over the 12th man.