postgame quotes (SAC vs NO)

postgame (SAC vs NO)

postgame quotes
Adelman

“I understand we’re playing a lot of guys – looking at a lot of people – but everybody knew what we were going to do tonight. Like I said at halftime, we don’t go from having the offense we had last year – I don’t care who’s playing – to play like we’re playing because we had no energy. We had no energy at either end of the court. We didn’t make hard cuts, we didn’t play hard. The second half we took it up a notch and then we got something out of it. We know our offense is very good if we do it right. If you play it like any other offense, it’s not very good if you just go through the motions.”

“I think we accomplished what we wanted to tonight – we wanted to play guys extended minutes, I wanted to get a good run, and fortunuately we won the game too.”

“We cut three players; Anwar Ferguson, Lui Wei and Tony Bland. We just had to make a move. All three of those guys were terrific during camp but we had to do something at this point and go from there.”

Webber

“Truthfully, we didn’t really execute that well in the first half, Coach was really upset with our energy level and execution. I’m proud of the way we played the second half we tried to pick it up and get in the passing lane, get some steals, so I think the second half was a better half.”

“It’s still preseason, we’re still trying to find our groove, we just need to find it a little earlier.”

On whether he feels ready if the regular season started tomorrow:
“I feel good, this is the most minutes I’ve played so far, and I feel really good. I think I’ll be ok, I pray I’ll be ok. I will be ready for the start of the season.”

Miller

“It was one of those games that even though it’s preseason, we were still kind of losing. It’s really important for us to get back out there and start to get some idea of what we might do in a rotation, more minutes for Webb, and Peja especially so we just wanna get a better feel."

On himself: “I got the next two games to just do normal things, instead of just trying to go out there and do things I don’t normally do in terms of just everything really, trying to experiment. That part is pretty much over, I have to get serious these next two and get ready for the regular season.”

New Orleans Hornets

Coach Byron Scott:
“I thought the team did much better in the second half but we did have some breakdowns. We had some guys that got a little tired and they’re little unfamiliar with the offense. Overall I’m not extremely happy about the way we played, but I’m not really upset because I thought the guys played pretty hard and that’s the main thing right now because I’m still trying to get a look at the bunch of guys. Evaluating aour talent level is my main priority and the next couple of games I’ll try to cut the rotation down a little and see how that turns out.”

Jamaal Magloire:
“I think this offense is good once the rotation starts tightening down and we got everybody healthy we’ll have a better chance of looking to see how it works. We are missing some players and I don’t think we can’t get a good evaluation until everybodys healthy and we got a more consistent rotation.”

J.R Smith
“We just need to do more than people expect us to do right now. The hardest transfer from college to here has been learning how to play defense against these guys. I’m learning a lot a from my team in practice and they push me a lot. Practice is a part of the game.”

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I hope Coach Adelman makes a point to do some ripping every single time the starters slack off... We lost games last year because one or another starter just didn't have his heart into the game. We lost games we should and could have won because it just appeared as though one or more of them would rather have been elsewhere. And it wasn't the same player all the time, either. It was almost like a game of "hot potato," where they would shift the "I don't care" button between each other.

Bottom line, this game was one they should have won and they did. Pre-season or not, it's these kinds of things that will shape their outlook towards the regular season.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
“I got the next two games to just do normal things, instead of just trying to go out there and do things I don’t normally do in terms of just everything really, trying to experiment. That part is pretty much over, I have to get serious these next two and get ready for the regular season.”

I hope this does not mean that Brad is gving up on the jump hook he was trying out in China and Fresno. Shure it was flat and ugly, but he really could use a few low post moves and the only way to develop it is to use it during play. Sure if it is not going a 3rd attemp a gam might not be great but put it up once or twice. This reminds me the one thing I really liked about Evans play against NO... The man atacks the rack like an animal... nice to see.

Last edited: