Philly Enquirer write-up on Evans

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You're reading way too much into it, IMO. What Reke is saying is that he wants to do enough to warrant a second contract, one that will fulfill all the hopes and dreams he's worked for. That's a pretty standard comment. Him saying "whether I'm going to be a Kings player or wherever I'll be" is more just an acknowledgment of the obvious - very few players remain with their original teams for their entire careers. The last guy of note in the NBA to do so was, I think, Reggie Miller with Indiana.

You're reading way too much into it, IMO. What Reke is saying is that he wants to do enough to warrant a second contract, one that will fulfill all the hopes and dreams he's worked for. That's a pretty standard comment. Him saying "whether I'm going to be a Kings player or wherever I'll be" is more just an acknowledgment of the obvious - very few players remain with their original teams for their entire careers. The last guy of note in the NBA to do so was, I think, Reggie Miller with Indiana.
what about Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Yao Ming, Amar'e Stoudemire, Dirk Nowitzki, Carmelo Anthony... amm.. Chris bosh... I can go on..