[NBA TV] Timberwolves vs. Kings, 3 NOV 1995

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You know, it's all good to reminisce from the team that we had earlier this decade, but holla at me if you were cheering back in these days! That play in the first where Edney dribbled into the paint and found Causwell cutting to the basket reminded me of what ARCO Thunder really sounded like.

Ah- the good ole days when we had absolutely no expectations!!! We were happy if the team played hard.

Michael "The Animal" Smith remains one of my favorite Kings of all time just because of how he could work Arco into a frenzy with his hustle, even though the team was terrible.

also lebron james/ first nba game is on sunday at 9 i think. it was on last night and was really fun to watch. hard to beleive peja was a runner up mvp that year.. what happened!

K

Kingsguy881

You know, it's all good to reminisce from the team that we had earlier this decade, but holla at me if you were cheering back in these days! That play in the first where Edney dribbled into the paint and found Causwell cutting to the basket reminded me of what ARCO Thunder really sounded like.
Aaahhh yes, those days. Walt The Wizard, four first round picks in a horrible draft year, the Rock for Slowens. Yes, all we cared about was watching the team compete, in the first half, lose their rhythm to start the third, and then try to make a comeback in the 4th all to no avail. But it was entertaining.

I remember those days much better than I should. You would think that the good years would help you forget the bad, but we still had a lot of fun watching and cheering back then.

Who would have thought that them making the playoffs their first year here would just be a foreshadowing of what was NOT to come.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Yep! The days of no real expectations are were fun days indeed. I don't have any real expectations again, but I am enjoying the game just the same. It's some of the fans that are hard to take. :p

Hey, I still have my autographed Duane Causwell rookie cards. :eek: And it IS good to remember how it was back then.

For as bad as last year may have been, we had some pretty dubious distinctions during the Dark Ages...

1) 40 something road losses in a row (an NBA record I believe)
2) 4 points in a first quarter
3) A Coach get hospitalized during the middle of a game
4) One of the most self-centered frontcourts of all time, featuring Billy Owens and OP

But, Arco was still a raucous sell out every night. I remember fondly the "Yogi" game, where the crowd chanted for Yogi as he blocked 9 shots, most of them on future King Darrick Martin I believe....