[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Suns, Wolves, Mavs and now Celtics changing hands over a pretty short span.
It's definitely a lot of franchise turnover in a short span, but also surprising for the Celtics. Grousbeck has been a pretty fantastic owner for the last couple of decades, largely staying out of the way and letting his basketball people do their job while not skimping on salary nor rejecting risk in the roster-building process. And they just won a championship! I suppose the valuation is at an all-time high, but you'd figure he'd wanna stick around to see if this version of the team can defend its title. Whoever buys the team is going to inherit a defending champ right off the bat!

I watched a Draymond interview today that I’m not sure is old or new, in it he reveals that he was leaving Golden State for Memphis last off season. Imagine a Ja/Dray pairing (especially last year)

Bruno officially only one year away from being two years away now.

Bruno's sagas in Europe are amazing this past season.

He had a contract at Venezia and left the team to join that team from Israel that plays in NBA preseason just for NBA teams to watch him and offer him a contract. Venezia "froze" his contract and finally sold him to Partizan that plays in Euroleague. Things were going smoothly there for several months (Kings legend PJ Dozier and Kaminski were his teammates btw) but the team not doing so well despite the much money they spent on transfers. In early June, with Partizan playing in the Serbian league finals (or Adriatic league, or both anyway it doesn't matter) he left the team again to go to the states and attend a court that would decide if the custody of his children. He never came back and was called to the Brazil NT for the Olympics qualifiers. Despite having a two year contract with the Serbian side he claims that they owe him salaries (that Partizan claims to be fines for leaving the team all of the sudden) so he should be released to join Maccabi Tel Aviv. So if you thought Sasha's case was a rollercoaster, it was nothing after all.

https://basketnews.com/news-195825-...rture-from-venice-despite-signing-a-deal.html
https://basketnews.com/news-208140-...-caboclo-claim-hell-stay-for-next-season.html

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
New Ant Baby Mama just dropped. Love the dude but if he’s not careful the only Wilt record he’ll ever have a chance at catching is the off-the-court one.
If I was one of these dudes my first paycheck would be spent at the sperm bank and the vasectomy doctor.

Tiktok that someone! lol

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Chris Duarte played a decent game yesterday against Greece ... First 2 quarters he was close to perfect from the 3pt line ...
I thought i am watching another player , not the one from our games last year ....
He's a weird one though because he had a hot start to his rookie season and then flamed out to where he was pretty much gifted to us. He even had a handful of good games with us, so he'd really have to have a long run to show me anything wasn't just a fluke.

He's a weird one though because he had a hot start to his rookie season and then flamed out to where he was pretty much gifted to us. He even had a handful of good games with us, so he'd really have to have a long run to show me anything wasn't just a fluke.
I think he kind of just is who he is. A good like 10th-11th man that can give you decent spot minutes from time to time. Not someone you want to rely on, but I think a good way to round out your bench.

He legit won us a few games last year. He was just never consistent.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I think he kind of just is who he is. A good like 10th-11th man that can give you decent spot minutes from time to time. Not someone you want to rely on, but I think a good way to round out your bench.

He legit won us a few games last year. He was just never consistent.
And that's fine but qualifies him as another punching bag for many Kings fans.

A lot of teams around us had no choice but to make major roster moves this offseason, we need some upgrades but I still think we are more victim of being a good team in a abnormal season and untimely injuries to the same position.

Don’t know …
From what I saw yesterday he was looking even as a backup starter for Monk for example …. For sure excellent second unit piece ….
Nothing like the total crap he was last season … I got intrigued by him honestly ….